Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H&r spring install DIY! c63 coupe 2018

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-13-2018 | 06:38 PM

C63 Amg coupe 2018
H&r spring install DIY! c63 coupe 2018

Just installed the h&r lowering springs on my new c63 coupe. Overall it was pretty simple and I'm here to share the process. I didn't film it all since it was getting dark and i was tired. I will use small clips and pictures to guide anyone who needs help best i can. First i will start with the basic tools needed. Later on i will re film and edit it so stay tuned for that later this week. This could save you some $ considering shops tend to overcharge for easy jobs like this.

by https://www.flickr.com/photos/153671973@N08/, on Flickr

For the rear you will need to remove 1 bolt. It has an E18 female torx socket on one side and a 6 point 18mm on the other side.

For the front strut connected to the control arm you will need a 21mm, and 24mm 6 point short sockets.
You will need a small flathead to remove the clips holding in the connectors for the mag ride.
Then you will need a male torx socket T45 and a 1 1/4 in close ended wrench used together to remove the knuckle up top.
A 16mm long socket will remove the top 3 bolts holding in the whole strut and spring.
A17mm with some type of impact wrench will remove the bolt holding the top hat to the strut and spring.
Your going to want a punch as well you don't need a lug nut socket 17mm but i would recommend it to protect your wheels and don't forget your breaker bar and 1/2in ratchet that swivels, and a hammer.

I will be posting a video and photos later on this week when i get a chance. PM me if your having trouble i have some tips! have fun guys
The following users liked this post:
tiledhouse (06-25-2018)
Old 05-14-2018 | 10:50 AM

2017 AMG c63s
I was thinking about doing some type of suspension mod to my 2017 C63s Coupe.
How does the car drive with the new springs?
I am very lucky that I live in Southern CA and have access to great driving roads and take advantage of them every chance I get and I would like to improve the handling of the car for better canyon driving.
The only reason I would change my springs or coilovers would be to make the car drive better. But at the same time it is my daily driver and need it be manageable while sitting in LA traffic.
Old 05-14-2018 | 12:49 PM

W213 E63
Nice! Any before and after pics? I think I may need some help with this one... =D
Old 05-14-2018 | 01:42 PM

2015 mercedes c400
Originally Posted by Jaydavid93
Just installed the h&r lowering springs on my new c63 coupe. Overall it was pretty simple and I'm here to share the process. I didn't film it all since it was getting dark and i was tired. I will use small clips and pictures to guide anyone who needs help best i can. First i will start with the basic tools needed. Later on i will re film and edit it so stay tuned for that later this week. This could save you some $ considering shops tend to overcharge for easy jobs like this.

IMG_9675 by joshua adams, on Flickr

IMG_9674 by joshua adams, on Flickr

For the rear you will need to remove 1 bolt. It has an E18 female torx socket on one side and a 6 point 18mm on the other side.

For the front strut connected to the control arm you will need a 21mm, and 24mm 6 point short sockets.
You will need a small flathead to remove the clips holding in the connectors for the mag ride.
Then you will need a male torx socket T45 and a 1 1/4 in close ended wrench used together to remove the knuckle up top.
A 16mm long socket will remove the top 3 bolts holding in the whole strut and spring.
A17mm with some type of impact wrench will remove the bolt holding the top hat to the strut and spring.
Your going to want a punch as well you don't need a lug nut socket 17mm but i would recommend it to protect your wheels and don't forget your breaker bar and 1/2in ratchet that swivels, and a hammer.

I will be posting a video and photos later on this week when i get a chance. PM me if your having trouble i have some tips! have fun guys
Nice I'll be ordering those soon for my 18 coupe yea I'd love to see pics after it's lowerd are u going to put spacers on as well if so what mm.
Old 05-16-2018 | 02:03 PM

C63 Amg coupe 2018
Originally Posted by amalgam
Nice! Any before and after pics? I think I may need some help with this one... =D
This is before

This is after

Keep in mind the springs still need time to settle so the car won't seem very low at first. Now the car looks a lot lower than the first 3 days .
Old 05-16-2018 | 02:09 PM

C63 Amg coupe 2018
Originally Posted by mazyo
I was thinking about doing some type of suspension mod to my 2017 C63s Coupe.
How does the car drive with the new springs?
I am very lucky that I live in Southern CA and have access to great driving roads and take advantage of them every chance I get and I would like to improve the handling of the car for better canyon driving.
The only reason I would change my springs or coilovers would be to make the car drive better. But at the same time it is my daily driver and need it be manageable while sitting in LA traffic.
The ride seems pretty similar to stock TBH i can't really tell much of a difference in comfort mode its still smooth rides like stock. In sport+ under load with hard turns it feels more planted more controllable it seems to have less of a body roll. However this could be just due to it being lower. For a daily commute you won't regret it its not harsh like coil overs the stock dampening is still in place so its the same feel id say. It just makes it feel like it handles better in sport+.
Old 05-16-2018 | 04:57 PM

W213 E63
Originally Posted by Jaydavid93
The ride seems pretty similar to stock TBH i can't really tell much of a difference in comfort mode its still smooth rides like stock. In sport+ under load with hard turns it feels more planted more controllable it seems to have less of a body roll. However this could be just due to it being lower. For a daily commute you won't regret it its not harsh like coil overs the stock dampening is still in place so its the same feel id say. It just makes it feel like it handles better in sport+.
Nice are you gonna do KMAC camber kit?
Old 05-16-2018 | 10:55 PM

C63 Amg coupe 2018
Originally Posted by amalgam
Nice are you gonna do KMAC camber kit?
Not entirely shure yet i probably won't drive the car enough each year to warrant the savings in worn tires. Plus this car is a tire shredder already. After about a year it always seems like regardless of the tread depth all my cars just don't grip like they did when the tires where new and sticky. This is my first RWD car all the others have been AWD and slammed so I'm used to changing tires a lot i guess.
Old 09-17-2020 | 11:08 PM

C43 cabrio
Do you have the torque specs for the removed nuts and bolts?