Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Remote Window Up/Down Control

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-05-2018 | 10:31 AM

GL450, AMG C63S Coupe
Remote Window Up/Down Control

Does anyone know of any hacks/ tricks to get it to work from greater distances? it seems to only work when you are super close to the vehicle. It seems less beneficial to only be able to vent the car when you are almost close enough to get inside already. My Infiniti would work from about 50 feet away.
Old 09-05-2018 | 08:53 PM
Out Of Control!!
Veteran: Army

1999 E300TD
Yea, either your key is failing or the cars receptor is failing!
Old 09-05-2018 | 09:07 PM

GL450, AMG C63S Coupe
But I can lock and unlock from quite a distance. Just can’t do the windows down unless I am right up on the car
Old 09-06-2018 | 09:46 AM
Out Of Control!!
Veteran: Army

1999 E300TD
Well if you dont get a chassis scan to learn the reason,continue on with your FUYA approach and learn nothing!
Old 09-06-2018 | 10:16 AM

GL450, AMG C63S Coupe
Originally Posted by Plutoe
Well if you dont get a chassis scan to learn the reason,continue on with your FUYA approach and learn nothing!
I'm not sure what you mean by "FUYA" approach. What exactly have you observed to draw that conclusion? You have apparently acquired some sort of misunderstanding from my post. Maybe you can elaborate and I can help you reconcile your assumptions.

Last edited by KAHBOOM; 09-06-2018 at 11:00 AM.
Old 09-06-2018 | 10:53 AM

GL450, AMG C63S Coupe
For others who might actually have something constructive and/or who might actually know what they are talking about, here is the information that I have acquired from other sources thus far.

1) In older Mercedes vehicles one could use the convenience open/ close feature via the remote from further distances.
2) In newer vehicles it is set up from the factory to only work from close distances.
3) My cars receptor checked out fine
4) My cars keys checked out fine.

Thus it seems that Plutoe either knows something that none of the Mercedes-Benz technicians at my dealership knows, or he is just full of it (JFOI). Until he confirms one way or another I personally think that we can ignore his input.

If anyone otherwise has input regarding the original inquiry (is there a way to change the distance from which the convenience open/close feature works) I would be happy to read it.
Old 09-06-2018 | 02:35 PM

C63 S AMG
My C63s 2016 doesn’t have this function at all 😂😂😂
Old 09-06-2018 | 02:56 PM

GL450, AMG C63S Coupe
Originally Posted by lovepower1
My C63s 2016 doesn’t have this function at all ������
Wow that is surprising. I thought all C63s would have that feature. Maybe you are attempting it from too far away like I was lol.

I have to kinda point the key fob at the drivers door handle.
Old 09-06-2018 | 03:30 PM

C63 S AMG
Originally Posted by KAHBOOM
Wow that is surprising. I thought all C63s would have that feature. Maybe you are attempting it from too far away like I was lol.

I have to kinda point the key fob at the drivers door handle.
I tried several times, lol. As close as I could with the key pointing at the drivers door and nothing. My old C class (with the little black IR on the door handle) had it and my old opel too.. 😂😂

Really surprising, for a car like this...
Old 09-06-2018 | 04:40 PM
Banned

2016 C300W4 Sport
Originally Posted by KAHBOOM
For others who might actually have something constructive and/or who might actually know what they are talking about, here is the information that I have acquired from other sources thus far.

1) In older Mercedes vehicles one could use the convenience open/ close feature via the remote from further distances.
2) In newer vehicles it is set up from the factory to only work from close distances.
3) My cars receptor checked out fine
4) My cars keys checked out fine.

Thus it seems that Plutoe either knows something that none of the Mercedes-Benz technicians at my dealership knows, or he is just full of it (JFOI). Until he confirms one way or another I personally think that we can ignore his input.

If anyone otherwise has input regarding the original inquiry (is there a way to change the distance from which the convenience open/close feature works) I would be happy to read it.
Check out my post in this thread where I addressed this issue:

https://mbworld.org/forums/glc-class...e-outside.html