C63/C63S AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2019 C63S Deliveries

Old 12-18-2018, 01:25 PM

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts
2019 AMG C63 Sedan (Gone and wont be missed)
Originally Posted by Xec

Dallas and Houston for all the major dealers. They’ve had the new C43’s for a while now. I stop by anytime I can because I’m so inpatient for mine to arrive lol.
I hear ya, I've used the kids as an excuse to drop by since I ordered mine. I considered looking in Dallas and Houston for my car but figured my specific build wouldn't be available for purchase anywhere, plus I try to keep my money as local as possible.
Old 12-18-2018, 02:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,433 Posts
2019 C63CS
Originally Posted by jasonbrent
What about the metallic blue with that yellow/black interior?

-j
Wouldn't be my personal favorite, but blue and yellow definitely go together. Just not sure how I would feel about blue/black/yellow/red combination. I'm big on sharp contrasts, hence my preference for black cars. The black/yellow color combination is my personal favorite in general. You find it in nature such as yellowjackets and yellow happens to be my wife's favorite color and her car is yellow, so the theme continues in our garage. My other favorite is white exterior and black/red interior. Looks very sharp. If not black exterior with the black/yellow seats, I would go grey exterior. The seats are actually black,charcoal and yellow if you look closely and grey/yellow combination works well, too. My wife's car has a grey interior with the yellow exterior. Looks nice.

Last edited by superswiss; 12-18-2018 at 02:09 PM.
Old 12-18-2018, 08:36 PM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts
C204 C250-CDI
What about the metallic blue with that yellow/black interior?

-j
Originally Posted by superswiss
Wouldn't be my personal favorite, but blue and yellow definitely go together. Just not sure how I would feel about blue/black/yellow/red combination. I'm big on sharp contrasts, hence my preference for black cars. The black/yellow color combination is my personal favorite in general. You find it in nature such as yellowjackets and yellow happens to be my wife's favorite color and her car is yellow, so the theme continues in our garage. My other favorite is white exterior and black/red interior. Looks very sharp. If not black exterior with the black/yellow seats, I would go grey exterior. The seats are actually black,charcoal and yellow if you look closely and grey/yellow combination works well, too. My wife's car has a grey interior with the yellow exterior. Looks nice.
IMO and it's only my personal take on it, the black with yellow interior in combination with brilliant blue exterior works but it's not as compatible as with either black or grey exterior, but if you have your heart set on it jason then go for it - it's whatever you like and are happy with it at the end of the day that counts

Agree fully with the above combinations there by superswiss, for me diamond white exterior with red/black interior is my first (and only) pick of "readily" available colour combo options for this vehicle.

On this topic I'm currently trying to get a custom or bespoke interior choice which would normally be available through the Designo options range but unfortunately MB/AMG did not include this option for the 205 series AMG's but was available in the previous 204 series AMG's, really annoying that they've gone this way and also how some interior colour/finish choices are available for specific only and not all C63 variants across the range, same also applies for exterior packages, making it hard or impossible to get a combination of exactly what you want.
Old 12-18-2018, 08:50 PM

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
N/A
Thanks folk - I normally go blue or orange for my vehicles... the C63S has me thrown off a little because while I think the blue is a great color, I really like the look of 858+555 for the 2019MY interior. So I am inclined to go against my norm and choose either selenite grey magno (or graphite grey magno). However, I am concerned about maintenance of that finish -- my brief searching has suggested that it may be higher maintenance than I'd like.

My other thought was forgo the magno, go with selenite grey (992) and wrap with Xpel stealth.

I'm sure my dealer would wish I'd quit changing my mind. :-)

-j
Old 12-18-2018, 09:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
Thanks folk - I normally go blue or orange for my vehicles... the C63S has me thrown off a little because while I think the blue is a great color, I really like the look of 858+555 for the 2019MY interior. So I am inclined to go against my norm and choose either selenite grey magno (or graphite grey magno). However, I am concerned about maintenance of that finish -- my brief searching has suggested that it may be higher maintenance than I'd like.

My other thought was forgo the magno, go with selenite grey (992) and wrap with Xpel stealth.

-j
I've actually contemplated magno or wrapping with Xpel stealth, but I've abandoned both. The matte paint effect had me intrigued but after seeing a few, they don't pop for me like a gloss color. The gloss color looks better under the California sun IMO. I also didn't want grey and there is no black magno. Maintenance was a concern as well. From everything I'm hearing, matte colors are difficult to maintain. Simple things as fingerprints can be a problem, so I would have ended up wrapping the whole car with Xpel stealth anyway. Wrapping the whole car is around $5000. That just didn't end up making sense to me, either way, so I went with Obsidian Black Metallic and like with my current car wrap the complete front, mirrors, door edges and rear bumper. Since I'm doing ED, I was even considering getting it wrapped in Germany with Xpel Stealth. I found an installer in the Stuttgart area and the cost is about the same as here, but higher taxes. Not wrapping right away if I had gotten magno since I'm staying for 2 months in Europe was too big of a risk to me. What I will do now most likely is wrap the most exposed parts with Xpel tracwrap as soon as possible after pickup and then get the front etc. wrapped in the US. With my last car I stayed a month and ended up with a couple of small chips while in Europe.

Last edited by superswiss; 12-18-2018 at 09:22 PM.
Old 12-18-2018, 09:13 PM

Received 89 Likes on 63 Posts
2019 c63s coupe, 2008 s63 sedan, 2007 335i coupe

-j

-j
the issue I have with matte paint is the matte clear coat.. can’t polish it and chips/scratches pop hard.. to do the whole car in xpel isn’t cheap.. can’t polish out imperfections in the clear coat. the whole panel has to be repainted. It has a wow factor at first but I saw a 2019 c43 coupe in selenite magno and a darker grey/black magno on a limited edition sl and I really did not like either up close. The SL had only 27k miles and the front and had already been repainted once and the chips showed greatly. Something about a metallic paint polished to a mirror finish that appeals to me personally. That coupled with the maintenance I said forget the magno paint. It’s all personal preference.. gotta get what YOU like with the knowledge available.
Old 12-19-2018, 01:06 AM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

C204 C250-CDI
Originally Posted by purplewidow

the issue I have with matte paint is the matte clear coat.. can’t polish it and chips/scratches pop hard.. to do the whole car in xpel isn’t cheap.. can’t polish out imperfections in the clear coat. the whole panel has to be repainted. It has a wow factor at first but I saw a 2019 c43 coupe in selenite magno and a darker grey/black magno on a limited edition sl and I really did not like either up close. The SL had only 27k miles and the front and had already been repainted once and the chips showed greatly. Something about a metallic paint polished to a mirror finish that appeals to me personally. That coupled with the maintenance I said forget the magno paint. It’s all personal preference.. gotta get what YOU like with the knowledge available.
Totally agree cannot beat clean, shiny, glossy and beaming metallic/pearl paint !

Never been a fan of matte duco colours since they first appeared - the first thing that came to mind was "is that car still in undercoat" and I hear that a lot from people in general the first time they see a matte grey or white car lol, that combined with the now obvious maintenance issues is enough to put me right off - but as always each to their own whatever makes you happy
Old 12-19-2018, 02:57 AM

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
N/A
Awesome feedback folk. Thank you.

I think I'm going to leave the blue and 858+555 -- maybe paint the red calipers yellow (yellow calipers should be an option!) and call it a day. I'll likely still use xpel ultimate as I've had good luck with it in the past.

... now for mine to just get built!

Jason
Old 12-19-2018, 09:41 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
2019 C63WS
Spoke with a large dealer in Dallas (because my dealer won't tell me anything) and they said they have several priority 1 unit sedans that completed production and are being held up at the VPC. These cars are already sold and Mercedes "will not tell them anything as to why they're being delayed" he said he wouldn't count on seeing them this month. FML
Old 12-19-2018, 09:48 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A
Originally Posted by Cascade1
Spoke with a large dealer in Dallas (because my dealer won't tell me anything) and they said they have several priority 1 unit sedans that completed production and are being held up at the VPC. These cars are already sold and Mercedes "will not tell them anything as to why they're being delayed" he said he wouldn't count on seeing them this month. FML
ugh. I was stalking the c43 forum and several on there are in the same situation with their sedans.
Old 12-19-2018, 06:47 PM

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
W205
VPC ? Is that Vehicle Production Control or a ‘Port Control’
thanks
Old 12-19-2018, 06:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
Originally Posted by tiledhouse

VPC ? Is that Vehicle Production Control or a ‘Port Control’
thanks
Stands for Vehicle Preparation Center. It serves as the first stop after U.S. Customs for new cars before they are distributed to the respective dealerships. Their primary purpose is to inspect the cars for damage sustained during transportation. They act as an extension of the factory and can restore cars to factory condition if they were damaged and install port installed options. Sounds like US produced cars still go through the VPC, even though they don't come off a ship and don't have to go through US Customs, but the VPCs are setup to ship to the individual dealerships as opposed to the factory.
The following users liked this post:
tiledhouse (12-20-2018)
Old 12-19-2018, 07:17 PM
Xec

Received 117 Likes on 89 Posts
IG: @amg.svr
Stands for Vehicle Preparation Center. It serves as the first stop after U.S. Customs for new cars before they are distributed to the respective dealerships. Their primary purpose is to inspect the cars for damage sustained during transportation. They act as an extension of the factory and can restore cars to factory condition if they were damaged and install port installed options. Sounds like US produced cars still go through the VPC, even though they don't come off a ship and don't have to go through US Customs, but the VPCs are setup to ship to the individual dealerships as opposed to the factory.

Here's a cool video of one!
Old 12-19-2018, 07:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A
Originally Posted by Xec
Neat. looks like a well oiled machine. Now if they can just release my car!!!
Old 12-19-2018, 07:53 PM

Received 52 Likes on 40 Posts
2019 C63S coupe
Got word my cars production was delayed from December to Feb 1st with a delivery in April/May

Oh well, just in time for spring.

Last edited by Beast; 12-19-2018 at 08:08 PM.
The following users liked this post:
jdlnmia (12-23-2018)
Old 12-19-2018, 08:24 PM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

C204 C250-CDI
Originally Posted by Vader C63S
Got word my cars production was delayed from December to Feb 1st with a delivery in April/May

Oh well, just in time for spring.
Don't know where your from but that's a very similar scenario here in Australia, if you ordered one now or even a couple of months back you'll be expecting to take delivery around April/May.

I predict initial demand will die down by about mid next year and then international delivery times will go back to a more "normal" 3 months average ie. on new factory production orders, if your wanting one that's already on a showroom floor or in warehouse storage that should take only 1 or 2 working weeks.
Old 12-20-2018, 02:37 AM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
C63
Originally Posted by AV1
Don't know where your from but that's a very similar scenario here in Australia, if you ordered one now or even a couple of months back you'll be expecting to take delivery around April/May.

I predict initial demand will die down by about mid next year and then international delivery times will go back to a more "normal" 3 months average ie. on new factory production orders, if your wanting one that's already on a showroom floor or in warehouse storage that should take only 1 or 2 working weeks.
Was that for sedan or coupe? I was told the waiting time on sedan is about that but coupes in Feb/March. Unless thats changed again ofcourse.

edit: am in Australia and placed order on a coupe start of this month, was told January build for late March delivery.
Old 12-20-2018, 06:06 AM

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
W205
Thumbs up

Many thanks for the helpful explanation
Old 12-20-2018, 11:41 AM

2019 C63WS
I know this may sound like a dick question but my dealer is about to miss the 3rd deadline they've told me. Orginally it was end of November, then it was first week of December, last week I got told definitely before Christmas, now they're telling me they have no updates. I sold my other car and made arrangements all around the idea I was getting my new car (that's already been paid for) in late Nov/early Dec. I'm currently borrowing one of my dad's cars so I'm not having to pay for a rental but even he is kind of annoyed now going on 3 weeks when we both thought it was gonna be a week at the latest. At what point should the dealer be responsible for this inconvenience and be expected to produce some form of compensation? Again, I made all my arrangements based off the timelines they were giving me and now I'm thinking I was just a victim of an over-motivated SA that wanted to close a deal. I know this is a real case of first world problems but I'm kind of pissed. Thanks.
Old 12-20-2018, 01:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
I know this may sound like a dick question but my dealer is about to miss the 3rd deadline they've told me. Orginally it was end of November, then it was first week of December, last week I got told definitely before Christmas, now they're telling me they have no updates. I sold my other car and made arrangements all around the idea I was getting my new car (that's already been paid for) in late Nov/early Dec. I'm currently borrowing one of my dad's cars so I'm not having to pay for a rental but even he is kind of annoyed now going on 3 weeks when we both thought it was gonna be a week at the latest. At what point should the dealer be responsible for this inconvenience and be expected to produce some form of compensation? Again, I made all my arrangements based off the timelines they were giving me and now I'm thinking I was just a victim of an over-motivated SA that wanted to close a deal. I know this is a real case of first world problems but I'm kind of pissed. Thanks.
In all fairness, the dealerships have no control over this. They get the cars when they get them and facilitate the transaction. However, it's not unusual for dealerships to offer loaner cars to bridge the time between trading/selling one's current car and the new car arriving. You may have to pay for a loaner, which I think is only fair, unless the dealership made some kind of a mistake that caused the delay, but that's not what it sounds like. Like you, they are at the mercy of Mercedes Corporate to get the cars produced, released and shipped to the dealerships. If you have a good relationship with them, they might give you a free loaner. It doesn't hurt to professional approach them, explain the situation and see what they can offer.
Old 12-20-2018, 01:32 PM

2019 C63WS
In all fairness, the dealerships have no control over this. They get the cars when they get them and facilitate the transaction. However, it's not unusual for dealerships to offer loaner cars to bridge the time between trading/selling one's current car and the new car arriving. You may have to pay for a loaner, which I think is only fair, unless the dealership made some kind of a mistake that caused the delay, but that's not what it sounds like. Like you, they are at the mercy of Mercedes Corporate to get the cars produced, released and shipped to the dealerships. If you have a good relationship with them, they might give you a free loaner. I doesn't hurt to professional approach them, explain the situation and see what they can offer.
Yes, I understand that completely, but why give me dates if they know they're at the mercy of the factory? I have texts and emails saying "your car will arrive next week" which is when I sold my car and finalized this purchase. Then again saying "it will be released late Nov and arrive first week Dec" then "absolutely be here before Christmas". In my industry, if there's things you have no control of then you dont leisurely throw out this kind of dialogue without facing consequences.
Old 12-20-2018, 01:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
Yes, I understand that completely, but why give me dates if they know they're at the mercy of the factory? I have texts and emails saying "your car will arrive next week" which is when I sold my car and finalized this purchase. Then again saying "it will be released late Nov and arrive first week Dec" then "absolutely be here before Christmas". In my industry, if there's things you have no control of then you dont leisurely throw out this kind of dialogue without facing consequences.
I fully understand your frustration. What you are saying here is your leverage to argue they give you a free loaner. You sold your car and made plans based on the information they gave you, which turned out to be wrong. I think if you talk to your SA, SM or GM and argue your case I can't see why they wouldn't accommodate you somehow. Just curious, how come you already paid for the car? That kinda puts you at a disadvantage on several levels. First off, they already have your money, second if something is wrong with the car, you can't refuse delivery and you currently have no leverage against them in terms that you could walk away from the deal if the delays keep coming. Not that you necessarily would do that, but it's all about the poker face.
Old 12-20-2018, 01:51 PM

2019 C63WS
I fully understand your frustration. What you are saying here is your leverage to argue they give you a free loaner. You sold your car and made plans based on the information they gave you, which turned out to be wrong. I think if you talk to your SA, SM or GM and argue your case I can't see why they wouldn't accommodate you somehow. Just curious, how come you already paid for the car? That kinda puts you at a disadvantage on several levels. First off, they already have your money, second if something is wrong with the car, you can't refuse delivery and you currently have no leverage against them in terms that you could walk away from the deal if the delays keep coming. Not that you necessarily would do that, but it's all about the poker face.
A few reasons, mostly because I applied for financing early November (based off delivery date provided by SA)and of course pre approval is only valid for 30 days. I didn't want to have to reapply take another inquiry on my credit when I was fully convinced by my SA that my car would arrive late November. Also the opportunity came to sell my car (cla 45) at the same time my new C63S was to arrive. I didn't want to have two car/insurance payments to deal with. If there was something wrong with the car it would be entirely on the dealer as that was the one paper I didn't sign because I hadn't taken delivery yet. There was a paper that said I confirmed the odometer and condition of the car and I obviously refused to sign. Again, these are all events that took place based off them giving information that they shouldn't have been giving out to begin with, so it's kind of irrelevant in my eyes.
Old 12-20-2018, 02:14 PM
Xec

Received 117 Likes on 89 Posts
IG: @amg.svr
Yeahhh, really sounds like your SA shouldn’t have been promising dates they clearly had no control over. Without knowing any other info, it really sounds like they wanted to close the deal ASAP. A pretty honest sales manager in Austin gave me the conservative expectation of “by summer 2019.” Told me they honestly have no idea of the true timeline since corporate delays cars all the time so this really isn’t anything new. My own SA is guilty of overpromising which I can understand doesn’t want to lose the deal, but I agree it is extremely frustrating with these overestimated dates as I am also trying to coordinate between my old car and new incoming car.
Old 12-20-2018, 02:22 PM

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts
2019 AMG C63S
A few reasons, mostly because I applied for financing early November (based off delivery date provided by SA)and of course pre approval is only valid for 30 days. I didn't want to have to reapply take another inquiry on my credit when I was fully convinced by my SA that my car would arrive late November. Also the opportunity came to sell my car (cla 45) at the same time my new C63S was to arrive. I didn't want to have two car/insurance payments to deal with. If there was something wrong with the car it would be entirely on the dealer as that was the one paper I didn't sign because I hadn't taken delivery yet. There was a paper that said I confirmed the odometer and condition of the car and I obviously refused to sign. Again, these are all events that took place based off them giving information that they shouldn't have been giving out to begin with, so it's kind of irrelevant in my eyes.
I would definitely ask for a loaner based on your situation. Btw, I didn't even put any deposits when I did my built in Nov. My car is supposed to go to production early Jan. Any thoughts? Can also someone guess my delivery time range? It's a C63S Coupe with Aero and HUD in case it matters...

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 2019 C63S Deliveries