Exhaust Sounds on 2019 C63S - MBWorld.org Forums

Notices
C63/C63S AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust Sounds on 2019 C63S

 
Old 02-11-2019, 07:16 PM
  #1  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 44
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2010 Audi A5 3.2 FSI, 2016 MB GLE Coupe 450 AMG, 2019 MB C63S AMG
Exhaust Sounds on 2019 C63S

Hey Guys,

just recently got my C63S Sedan (last week) and currently going through the BreakIn period. I have 80 miles on the car so far. When i put it in S+ mode with the Exhaust On, there is no Popping,Cracking sound coming out of exhaust. Even My GLE 43 AMG had those loud Bangs when you would down **** or just let the gas pedal go. I would not need to get my GLE to high RPM for it to make that sound, just needed to be in S+ Mode. Do you think this could be because of the Break In Period at this point?
David Ushar is offline  
Old 02-11-2019, 08:47 PM
  #2  
Xec
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: TX
Posts: 94
Thanked 13 Times in 8 Posts
2019 C63S Sedan
Originally Posted by David Ushar View Post
Hey Guys,

just recently got my C63S Sedan (last week) and currently going through the BreakIn period. I have 80 miles on the car so far. When i put it in S+ mode with the Exhaust On, there is no Popping,Cracking sound coming out of exhaust. Even My GLE 43 AMG had those loud Bangs when you would down **** or just let the gas pedal go. I would not need to get my GLE to high RPM for it to make that sound, just needed to be in S+ Mode. Do you think this could be because of the Break In Period at this point?
Based on memory from a 2017 C63, the overrun sounds only come on in the higher revs (even in S+). So far I haven't noticed any pops from my 2019 either but I've only driven in C w/ exhaust on. Have not babied it though.
Xec is online now  
Old 02-11-2019, 09:38 PM
  #3  
Member
 
untamedd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 185
Thanked 9 Times in 7 Posts
2017 C63S Coupe
Originally Posted by Xec View Post
Based on memory from a 2017 C63, the overrun sounds only come on in the higher revs (even in S+). So far I haven't noticed any pops from my 2019 either but I've only driven in C w/ exhaust on. Have not babied it though.
I would have to disagree. I have a 2017 C63S and it makes those pop and crackle sounds even in lower rpms in Sport+
untamedd is offline  
Old 02-11-2019, 11:00 PM
  #4  
Xec
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: TX
Posts: 94
Thanked 13 Times in 8 Posts
2019 C63S Sedan
Originally Posted by untamedd View Post
I would have to disagree. I have a 2017 C63S and it makes those pop and crackle sounds even in lower rpms in Sport+
The one I drove did NOT have the Performance Exhaust and was a non-S. I probably should've mentioned that...

Also not sure where David is located, but if in Europe it very likely has to do with the new particle filter in the EU cars now.
Xec is online now  
Old 02-12-2019, 08:36 AM
  #5  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 25
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
A
Agree. I have about 2k miles on my 2019 and have barely heard any cracks, pops, etc. Iím in the US and havenít really babied the car. Itís definitely loud, but I was expecting more pops.
Robskabob is online now  
Old 02-12-2019, 10:04 AM
  #6  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 44
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2010 Audi A5 3.2 FSI, 2016 MB GLE Coupe 450 AMG, 2019 MB C63S AMG
Understood! Thank you so much for your response!!! Iíve put mine on S+ mode already a couple I times, but I didnít do anything crazy, didnít floor it or anything. So hopefully thatís fine, cause only afterwards I read that you should not drive in any mode other that C. Do you think this may cause some issues down the road?


Originally Posted by Xec View Post
Based on memory from a 2017 C63, the overrun sounds only come on in the higher revs (even in S+). So far I haven't noticed any pops from my 2019 either but I've only driven in C w/ exhaust on. Have not babied it though.
David Ushar is offline  
Old 02-12-2019, 10:06 AM
  #7  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 44
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2010 Audi A5 3.2 FSI, 2016 MB GLE Coupe 450 AMG, 2019 MB C63S AMG
I am in US. Iím really hoping that those pops will eventually appear. How come all the exhaust videos on YouTube of 2019 specifically have those pops?



Originally Posted by Xec View Post
The one I drove did NOT have the Performance Exhaust and was a non-S. I probably should've mentioned that...

Also not sure where David is located, but if in Europe it very likely has to do with the new particle filter in the EU cars now.
David Ushar is offline  
Old 02-12-2019, 10:07 AM
  #8  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
dchl21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: toronto
Posts: 2,124
Thanked 32 Times in 31 Posts
Gallado Spyder / AMG C63S / Cayenne
don't worry man … once u are broken into then u can drive it harder . in s s+ or race they should all pop
dchl21 is offline  
Old 02-12-2019, 10:30 AM
  #9  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 44
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2010 Audi A5 3.2 FSI, 2016 MB GLE Coupe 450 AMG, 2019 MB C63S AMG

Thank you so much man! I really hope so!!! This is the ďSignatureĒ AMG exhaust sound, so it better be there lol


Originally Posted by dchl21 View Post
don't worry man Ö once u are broken into then u can drive it harder . in s s+ or race they should all pop
David Ushar is offline  
Old 02-12-2019, 12:06 PM
  #10  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 41
Thanked 7 Times in 4 Posts
C63S
I'm currently in my break-in period, too (about 450 miles on the odometer) and hadn't noticed many crackles/pops, so I put it into Race mode and it sounded as expected. I'm hoping it will be more noticeable after the break-in period.
LawyerUp1 is offline  
Old 02-12-2019, 01:13 PM
  #11  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 54
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
C63S AMG Coupe
Originally Posted by David Ushar View Post
Hey Guys,

just recently got my C63S Sedan (last week) and currently going through the BreakIn period. I have 80 miles on the car so far. When i put it in S+ mode with the Exhaust On, there is no Popping,Cracking sound coming out of exhaust. Even My GLE 43 AMG had those loud Bangs when you would down **** or just let the gas pedal go. I would not need to get my GLE to high RPM for it to make that sound, just needed to be in S+ Mode. Do you think this could be because of the Break In Period at this point?
I had plenty of pops with my 2018 during break-in in S+ mode, of course. Maybe they decided to make the car just a tad more civilized.
DRGG is offline  
Old 02-12-2019, 02:01 PM
  #12  
Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
Posts: 110
Thanked 14 Times in 13 Posts
2018 C63SA Cabriolet
Originally Posted by DRGG View Post
I had plenty of pops with my 2018 during break-in in S+ mode, of course. Maybe they decided to make the car just a tad more civilized.
Same for me: pops aplenty, especially on downshifts. I always drive in S+ mode and mine is amC63S with performance exhaust. Indeed, maybe they decided to tone it down a bit.
C6Jeff is offline  
Old 02-12-2019, 02:39 PM
  #13  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 44
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2010 Audi A5 3.2 FSI, 2016 MB GLE Coupe 450 AMG, 2019 MB C63S AMG

I really hope that is not the case lol! No Civilized people drive C63S AMG lol 😃

here is the video that I was referring to -

please pay attention to the 2019 (Grey) C63S specifically. I didnít rev it up so high, but you can still hear pops on lower RPM, I donít have sounds even close to that...

Originally Posted by C6Jeff View Post
Same for me: pops aplenty, especially on downshifts. I always drive in S+ mode and mine is amC63S with performance exhaust. Indeed, maybe they decided to tone it down a bit.
David Ushar is offline  
Old 02-12-2019, 03:23 PM
  #14  
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 248
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
C63s
Originally Posted by C6Jeff View Post
Same for me: pops aplenty, especially on downshifts. I always drive in S+ mode and mine is amC63S with performance exhaust. Indeed, maybe they decided to tone it down a bit.

Same here. I had pops since day one, mine is 2018.

Bit I thought it was assumed by all that they have indeed tone it down...
japamg is offline  
Old 02-12-2019, 03:25 PM
  #15  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 44
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2010 Audi A5 3.2 FSI, 2016 MB GLE Coupe 450 AMG, 2019 MB C63S AMG
Thank you for your response! IF you look at the video attached above, they clearly havenít... still just as loud and with pops... just a different sound tone due to the filter. Great job btw from AMG for keeping amazing sounds with all of these regulations.

Originally Posted by japamg View Post



Same here. I had pops since day one, mine is 2018.

Bit I thought it was assumed by all that they have indeed tone it down...
David Ushar is offline  
Old 02-12-2019, 04:25 PM
  #16  
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 248
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
C63s
Originally Posted by David Ushar View Post
Thank you for your response! IF you look at the video attached above, they clearly havenít... still just as loud and with pops... just a different sound tone due to the filter. Great job btw from AMG for keeping amazing sounds with all of these regulations.


Ok. Then give it some time and you will get some thunders and storms soon enough hahah

Enjoy your ride!
japamg is offline  
Old 02-12-2019, 05:09 PM
  #17  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 44
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2010 Audi A5 3.2 FSI, 2016 MB GLE Coupe 450 AMG, 2019 MB C63S AMG

Lmao. Waiting for Thor to come out lol. Thanks man!

Originally Posted by japamg View Post


Ok. Then give it some time and you will get some thunders and storms soon enough hahah

Enjoy your ride!
David Ushar is offline  
Old 02-12-2019, 06:36 PM
  #18  
Senior Member
 
slowc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Virginia
Posts: 343
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
2010 c300 4matic , 2005 c230 kompressor (totaled) , 97' honda civic
I didnít think there was a sound difference between s+ & race mode?
slowc is online now  
Old 02-12-2019, 06:55 PM
  #19  
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 83
Thanked 23 Times in 16 Posts
W205
Originally Posted by slowc View Post
I didnít think there was a sound difference between s+ & race mode?
Is there ???
tiledhouse is offline  
Old 02-13-2019, 12:52 PM
  #20  
Super Member
 
raudiace4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 545
Thanked 69 Times in 60 Posts
2017 C63S coupe
Originally Posted by tiledhouse View Post

Is there ???
There isn't. Race will just let you hold the gears at redline till you want.
raudiace4 is offline  
Old 02-13-2019, 01:27 PM
  #21  
Member
 
right_mr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: SURREY, UK
Posts: 178
Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts
2018 C63s Estate, 2017 gla 45 [Sold] 2017 smart 44 brabus sport [for the Mrs]
if you let your vehicle get through the run in period , my prediction is the engine management software will start giving you all the fireworks you desire after this point . At 10k miles, my 2018 is lethal on the rice krispies (snap crackle and pops )but wasn't early on . also when the engine is cold for me at 10k miles it doesn't snap crackle much at all but once it warms up, it is like a new years fireworks display...
right_mr is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to right_mr For This Useful Post:
tiledhouse (02-13-2019), Uga Uga (02-14-2019)
Old 02-14-2019, 09:31 AM
  #22  
Senior Member
 
stephos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: UK
Posts: 297
Thanked 27 Times in 27 Posts
MY19 E450 4MATIC Coupť
Originally Posted by right_mr View Post
my 2018 is lethal on the rice krispies
I love this!
stephos is offline  
Old 02-15-2019, 06:02 PM
  #23  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 44
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2010 Audi A5 3.2 FSI, 2016 MB GLE Coupe 450 AMG, 2019 MB C63S AMG
Lol! Thank you so much!


Originally Posted by right_mr View Post
if you let your vehicle get through the run in period , my prediction is the engine management software will start giving you all the fireworks you desire after this point . At 10k miles, my 2018 is lethal on the rice krispies (snap crackle and pops )but wasn't early on . also when the engine is cold for me at 10k miles it doesn't snap crackle much at all but once it warms up, it is like a new years fireworks display...
David Ushar is offline  
 

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Exhaust Sounds on 2019 C63S


Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: