Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Engine Recall 4911 ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-04-2020, 05:02 PM

Received 20 Likes on 8 Posts
17 c63 coupe BRILLIANT BLUE

this recall is the recall from hell. again if youre reading these forums and own a pre-facelift that still has the full repertoire of cracks&pops from your exhaust, continue to opt out of this bull**** recall
Old 01-04-2020, 11:40 PM

Received 70 Likes on 55 Posts
2016 C63S
Originally Posted by kzflags

this recall is the recall from hell. again if youre reading these forums and own a pre-facelift that still has the full repertoire of cracks&pops from your exhaust, continue to opt out of this bull**** recall
i think that post was from August.
Old 01-05-2020, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by ezatnova
i think that post was from August.
indeed it is, but referring to the same recall. MB has lost its mind
Old 01-08-2020, 08:39 AM

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
C63S Coupe
alright soooo 2017 january delivery here. got this recall done a month ago (i kept my car from the dealership for a year to avoid this update, was forced to bring it there after an accident). the car's sound is COMPLETELY different. muffled, 50% quieter in sport+. i have 45k miles on my car, and can confirm every post in this thread that talks about it being quieter. the car is basically neutered. the guys posting here saying it sounds louder have the facelift models where they came quiet from the factory.

my question is, the dealership refuses to roll back my recall or reset my ECU because "its against the law, we are mandated by mercedes corporate to do the recalls on all vehicles." If i bring my car to an indy shop, would they theoretically be able to reset my ECU? i bought this car for the v8 and the sound. it literally sounds terrible now.
Hi, I was recently also forced into a software update on my 17 C63S Coupe . I noticed the car is definitely quieter and shift points (downshifts) in S+ are noticeably less aggressive than before. I got told the same when I asked the dealer to roll-back the software. They said it can't be done but I call BS. Software can always be reversed. Were you able to do anything?
Old 01-08-2020, 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by Ragunarok
Hi, I was recently also forced into a software update on my 17 C63S Coupe . I noticed the car is definitely quieter and shift points (downshifts) in S+ are noticeably less aggressive than before. I got told the same when I asked the dealer to roll-back the software. They said it can't be done but I call BS. Software can always be reversed. Were you able to do anything?
this pains me to see it happening to other owners. we really need to sticky this thread and put it in bold shiny letters at the top of this forum.

short answer no, i made them re-do the exhaust update code (show them the sentry screenshot floating around here) and was able to get some of the sound back but at the end of the day, im back to about 65 or 70% of what it was pre-recall. muffled, completely muffled.
Old 01-09-2020, 08:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 421 Likes on 304 Posts
AMG C63s
this pains me to see it happening to other owners. we really need to sticky this thread and put it in bold shiny letters at the top of this forum.

short answer no, i made them re-do the exhaust update code (show them the sentry screenshot floating around here) and was able to get some of the sound back but at the end of the day, im back to about 65 or 70% of what it was pre-recall. muffled, completely muffled.
I think in a recent recall SW update I was a victim too with my 2018 C63s. How to tell? Would a burble tune bring it back?