Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CALLING ALL U.S. 2019 C63S OWNERS... POPS AND BANGS COMPLAINTS NEEDED ASAP

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-19-2019, 09:33 AM

Received 89 Likes on 63 Posts
2019 c63s coupe, 2008 s63 sedan, 2007 335i coupe
Any US customers that have called in to mbusa and complained please let us know here!! Thanks!!
The following 2 users liked this post by purplewidow:
c63AMG2019 (10-03-2019), William23 (06-27-2019)
Old 06-19-2019, 10:16 AM

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
2014 CLA45; 2019 C63s
Don't forget to take this concern to the M-B AMG Private Lounge Forum. (Yes, it's back up and running now.)

Mercedes customer service reps are regularly monitoring that forum for issues and complaints. The AMG Private Lounge is the premier customer community and loyalty platform for M-B, and it will definitely get their attention if the #1 trending Thread is a long list of complaints about this (or any other) issue.
Old 06-24-2019, 11:02 PM

Received 52 Likes on 40 Posts
2019 C63S coupe
any updates?
Old 06-25-2019, 01:35 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
C450 AMG
I also was lucky enough to get Isaiah who was very helpful when I called early on regarding this issue. At the time he had not heard anything about it but did take my formal complaint. That beautiful exhaust pop and crackle is a large portion of the reason why I purchased my 19C63S coupe and I have been hugely disappointed by the lack of pops and crackle and no answer from AMG. I had A 2017 C43 prior and it sounded better which is embarrassing to say.

Anybody suggest an aftermarket tune that may help get that sound that we are all looking for?
Old 06-25-2019, 05:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 197 Likes on 158 Posts
2018 GT R; Tesla M3P
Originally Posted by William23
I also was lucky enough to get Isaiah who was very helpful when I called early on regarding this issue. At the time he had not heard anything about it but did take my formal complaint. That beautiful exhaust pop and crackle is a large portion of the reason why I purchased my 19C63S coupe and I have been hugely disappointed by the lack of pops and crackle and no answer from AMG. I had A 2017 C43 prior and it sounded better which is embarrassing to say.

Anybody suggest an aftermarket tune that may help get that sound that we are all looking for?
I'm working with OE Tuning on this
The following users liked this post:
wazuh (06-25-2019)
Old 06-25-2019, 05:22 PM

Received 86 Likes on 57 Posts
c63s
I can't wait to call in and submit my claim on this issue...once I get a car.
Old 06-25-2019, 08:58 PM

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts
'19 C63S AMG Coupe
Originally Posted by NYCSoiL
Keep us posted, I'm in NYC too, would love to hear it.
Old 06-25-2019, 09:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 284 Likes on 194 Posts
2021 Mercedes C63s AMG Coupe
Originally Posted by NYCSoiL
OE would not be able to do it. Infact none of the run of the mill tuners like EC and buddies would be able to access the actual over run tables that AMG uses for burbles and pops. It is a completely separate layer of fuelling charts that causes all the rackets. Normal tuners make a burble tune by modifying the original fuel table. The separate table for the burble tune fuelling, all the tuners have access to it but only see the hex code when looking at the table, they have no idea what the number represents. There is only one tuner who is capable of fixing this, and that is Renntech.

Last edited by munis; 06-25-2019 at 09:31 PM.
Old 06-26-2019, 09:14 AM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
Originally Posted by munis
OE would not be able to do it. Infact none of the run of the mill tuners like EC and buddies would be able to access the actual over run tables that AMG uses for burbles and pops. It is a completely separate layer of fuelling charts that causes all the rackets. Normal tuners make a burble tune by modifying the original fuel table. The separate table for the burble tune fuelling, all the tuners have access to it but only see the hex code when looking at the table, they have no idea what the number represents. There is only one tuner who is capable of fixing this, and that is Renntech.

Thank you for your opinion but your statement is not true at all. Eurocharged has access to all Function Sheets, Damos / A2L's, and all maps in the MED17.7.5 ECU.

We have done custom burble requests for quite a few customers that included the duration of the burble, when it starts / stops and the intensity.

We are happy to explore these options with our customers. We charge $150 for custom tuning in addition to our standard tune price regardless if it's for fine tuning on the dyno or make the car burble more.

We are also 95% done with custom code for full E85 support. 😊
Old 06-26-2019, 09:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 197 Likes on 158 Posts
2018 GT R; Tesla M3P
Sorry Munajj, but they did that for my C43.
loungn14 (06-26-2019)
Old 06-26-2019, 10:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by loungn14
Thank you for your opinion but your statement is not true at all. Eurocharged has access to all Function Sheets, Damos / A2L's, and all maps in the MED17.7.5 ECU.

We have done custom burble requests for quite a few customers that included the duration of the burble, when it starts / stops and the intensity.

We are happy to explore these options with our customers. We charge $150 for custom tuning in addition to our standard tune price regardless if it's for fine tuning on the dyno or make the car burble more.

We are also 95% done with custom code for full E85 support. ��
I had an EC tune before, so I know you guys can't do it. I did not question that you guys have no access to all the tables, I said you guys do not understand all the tables. Yes you guys can add burble and overrun, but that is by modifying the original fuel chart. Not the separate layer of map AMG uses when you flip to Sports+ or Race mode with the Performance exhaust on. The fuelling map you guys make for a burble tune interferes with the performance exhaust map from AMG, sometimes downright overriding it. Hence once you add the burble tune, the stock overrun characteristics disappear. The car with these run of the mill burble tunes often has no upshift braps or bangs, even if it does, it is random, and not consistent like the original factory tune.

I am not going to go on an argument, as I know from experience being a former EC customer. The reason you guys do not understand all the tables in the ECU is the reason why the cars you tune randomly goes into limp mode when you use cruise control. You guys just revise the boost chart and the fuelling map, the rest unfortunately you guys have no idea about (like the intake airflow chart the engine uses to calculate torque, you guys don't know what to change those numbers to after manipulating the boost chart), hence it is easier for you guys to completely shut that sensor off altogether.

Like I get it, that is your business model, you tune every single car that steps into the shop, starting from a Huracan all the away to a Passat. You can't possibly have the time to understand the OEM tables for all these different cars. A quick change to boost map and fuel map, and off you go. Atleast that is what you guys call tuning anyway.

I will not distract away from the main topic, hence I will end it here.

Last edited by munis; 06-26-2019 at 10:35 AM.
Old 06-26-2019, 10:54 AM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
Just because you had an EC tune before doesn’t mean you know what we are capable of.

We do not add burble by modifying “the original fuel chart”. In fact, this statement makes no sense. If you had any idea of what you were talking about, then you would know the actual names of the maps. Your information is full of holes and you’re creating conclusions that are very inaccurate.

You are also spreading rumors about us that are not true and we would appreciate it if you kept your opinions to yourself.

We agree to disagree with you on the matter. No harm.
Old 06-26-2019, 01:06 PM

This is about calling in and getting a report made. Not about tuning the car with a 3rd party. Please keep this thread on point and please acknowledge if you have called in to mbusa to complain. I would request you talk to Isaiah as he has had the most experience with dealing with this complaint. Thanks!!
The following 3 users liked this post by purplewidow:
Beast (06-26-2019), Radon (06-27-2019), Shazbot302 (06-26-2019)
Old 06-26-2019, 07:42 PM

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
2019 C63S
Filing a complaint is one step. Spread the word. Post on other forums, YouTube, FB, IG, or anywhere else you can to get the word out. Let other would be buyers know! I didn’t know when I got mine because all I had to go by was the press cars on YouTube that had a significantly different exhaust note.
Old 06-27-2019, 10:48 AM

C450 AMG
I created a thread on the AMG private lounge. If you guys could go and comment on the thread it would be very helpful to draw some more attention to it. It's under general discussion
Old 06-27-2019, 11:08 AM

C450 AMG
Originally Posted by purplewidow
At a request of some in the other thread I decided to make a new thread strictly on how U.S. customers can file a formal complaint. THIS HAS TO BE DONE THROUGH MBUSA CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!

Calling ALL U.S. 2019 c63s owners!!!!

Please call MBUSA and complain about the lack of pops and bangs.

I called and talked and filed a formal complaint after the dealer told me to and the MBUSA rep(Isaiah) confirmed that sales and service DO NOT file formal complaints like this in the U.S. You have to call the Mercedes customer service number 1 800 367 6372.

I think you have to press 5 both times to get to a rep. I got one in like 20 seconds of waiting so it shouldn't take long.

Literally 20 minutes after I called the rep called me back and said there is a bulletin to respond to this.. Saying the 2019 had to be made quieter thanks to new U.S. regulations. But there are no new regulations.. only California has a new law which forces officers to write a ticket if a car is louder than it should be. He stressed this was a software issue done for U.S regulations on noise. He also said he will be calling me if any new info comes up regarding this and will touch base in 1-2 months time. Funny thing is i just read an article on the r8 and while the EU model gets the 10hp bump this year and is more muted because of the new EU noise regulations the U.S. model gets a better sounding exhaust.. they focused more on the sound here because of epa regulations on emissions.. so that directly contradicts MBUSA statement to me when they called back and said it was U.S. regulations on noise.. Once again Mercedes is lost in their own interweb. Lets get them to straighten this out!!!!!

The Customer Service Rep(Isaiah) said to get people to complain and AMG will definitely update the software and get it closer to the legal limit. So please call that number and get those complaints in ASAP!!!

They only need your phone number to pull up all the car info and document the complaint. I just explained how the car sounds much quieter than the press cars in all the reviews and how those cars even had particle filters and ours do not.

Lastly I'd like to thank Roken for bringing this up and making me dig around and ask who to contact to file a formal complaint in the U.S.

I actually just called and complained AGAIN and my rep said he doesnt see anything regarding complaints or a ecu update to address a problem. He said hes never gotten a call regarding the issue. This is ridiculous... doesn't seem like we are going to get a resolution unless EVERYONE calls and files a formal complaint
Old 06-28-2019, 11:30 PM

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
N/A
Is this specific to the C63S? I assume it would not be.... E63? others? all?
Old 07-01-2019, 11:34 AM

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts
2021 E63 S Sedan
My Renntech tune is based on the Mercedes changes, so I lost some burbles when I got my tune. Renntech wants to keep a good relationship with AMG, so they won't or can't modify the sound. My AMG tech spoke to Renntech and they came up with a plan to physically open the H-pipe valve which is part of the modification that was made by Mercedes. My sound is much better now, but I would say about 70% the way to original.
Old 07-01-2019, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by William23
I actually just called and complained AGAIN and my rep said he doesnt see anything regarding complaints or a ecu update to address a problem. He said hes never gotten a call regarding the issue. This is ridiculous... doesn't seem like we are going to get a resolution unless EVERYONE calls and files a formal complaint
I would call and request Isaiah then.. he knows what’s up. I gotta day after break in my car is like a shotgun when I let off the gas over 5500 rpms in gear in s+ or race but mostly drive in individual dynamics at pro exhaust on. When I shift I get pops too. I listened to the press car vids again and mine is damn close now that I am through break in. I get soo many thumbs up and people asking me to rev it it’s unreal. Still should be a little louder imo. This car is such a beast. I think the euro spec ones are dulled a lot more than the US. One reason I know it’s loud even though I am not behind my car when driving it obviously is it regularly makes car alarms go off on the street.. I’ll punch it in first to 5500-6000rpm and let off and alarms go off like crazy...not just in a garage.. still should be louder imo.
The following 2 users liked this post by purplewidow:
asc (07-22-2019), Uga Uga (07-01-2019)
Old 07-01-2019, 04:09 PM

2019 C63S
Originally Posted by purplewidow
I would call and request Isaiah then.. he knows what’s up. I gotta day after break in my car is like a shotgun when I let off the gas over 5500 rpms in gear in s+ or race but mostly drive in individual dynamics at pro exhaust on. When I shift I get pops too. I listened to the press car vids again and mine is damn close now that I am through break in. I get soo many thumbs up and people asking me to rev it it’s unreal. Still should be a little louder imo. This car is such a beast. I think the euro spec ones are dulled a lot more than the US. One reason I know it’s loud even though I am not behind my car when driving it obviously is it regularly makes car alarms go off on the street.. I’ll punch it in first to 5500-6000rpm and let off and alarms go off like crazy...not just in a garage.. still should be louder imo.
Wow, my facelift coupe doesn’t do any of that and I’m about 2500 miles in. I’ve gotten, literally 2, small pops/bangs, and I had to really push the car in S+. But a shotgun? definitely not and nothing even remotely close to the press cars.
Old 07-02-2019, 07:50 AM

Received 131 Likes on 117 Posts
2021 C63S coupe
Originally Posted by Shazbot302
Wow, my facelift coupe doesn’t do any of that and I’m about 2500 miles in. I’ve gotten, literally 2, small pops/bangs, and I had to really push the car in S+. But a shotgun? definitely not and nothing even remotely close to the press cars.
You and me both. It really has taken the fun factor away.
Old 07-02-2019, 04:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Strafe1
My Renntech tune is based on the Mercedes changes, so I lost some burbles when I got my tune. Renntech wants to keep a good relationship with AMG, so they won't or can't modify the sound. My AMG tech spoke to Renntech and they came up with a plan to physically open the H-pipe valve which is part of the modification that was made by Mercedes. My sound is much better now, but I would say about 70% the way to original.
Are you sure about this? Cause Renntech does do custom burble tunes on request. Search for amgenetics on IG. He has a custom burble tune which is nasty and was done by renntech.
Old 07-02-2019, 04:48 PM

Received 149 Likes on 112 Posts
2017 C63S Coupe
Are you sure about this? Cause Renntech does do custom burble tunes on request. Search for amgenetics on IG. He has a custom burble tune which is nasty and was done by renntech.
oh man i just watched a few vids of that.. might just be me but definitely not my thing. Not a big fan of these excessive crackles via burble tunes as it just doesnt sound authentic.
Old 07-11-2019, 01:53 PM

2019 C63S
I spoke to Windell in customer service today. Super nice guy, however, he said that MBZ has no plans of addressing the exhaust issue due to new US regulations. We all know that’s not the case.

MBZ is intentionally misrepresenting a key characteristic of C63 in its press cars, because it must know that it would significantly hurt sales if the car was advertised as it was.
Radon (07-11-2019)
Old 07-19-2019, 10:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2019 AMG C 63s
THANK YOU!!!!!! Just called and put in a complaint.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: CALLING ALL U.S. 2019 C63S OWNERS... POPS AND BANGS COMPLAINTS NEEDED ASAP