Go Back  MBWorld.org Forums > Mercedes-Benz AMG Vehicles > C43 AMG, C63 AMG, C63S AMG (W205) > C63/C63S AMG
CALLING ALL U.S. 2019 C63S OWNERS... POPS AND BANGS COMPLAINTS NEEDED ASAP >

CALLING ALL U.S. 2019 C63S OWNERS... POPS AND BANGS COMPLAINTS NEEDED ASAP

Notices
C63/C63S AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CALLING ALL U.S. 2019 C63S OWNERS... POPS AND BANGS COMPLAINTS NEEDED ASAP

 
Old 05-14-2019, 12:03 AM
  #1  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 266
Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts
CALLING ALL U.S. 2019 C63S OWNERS... POPS AND BANGS COMPLAINTS NEEDED ASAP

At a request of some in the other thread I decided to make a new thread strictly on how U.S. customers can file a formal complaint. THIS HAS TO BE DONE THROUGH MBUSA CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!

Calling ALL U.S. 2019 c63s owners!!!!

Please call MBUSA and complain about the lack of pops and bangs.

I called and talked and filed a formal complaint after the dealer told me to and the MBUSA rep(Isaiah) confirmed that sales and service DO NOT file formal complaints like this in the U.S. You have to call the Mercedes customer service number 1 800 367 6372.

I think you have to press 5 both times to get to a rep. I got one in like 20 seconds of waiting so it shouldn't take long.

Literally 20 minutes after I called the rep called me back and said there is a bulletin to respond to this.. Saying the 2019 had to be made quieter thanks to new U.S. regulations. But there are no new regulations.. only California has a new law which forces officers to write a ticket if a car is louder than it should be. He stressed this was a software issue done for U.S regulations on noise. He also said he will be calling me if any new info comes up regarding this and will touch base in 1-2 months time. Funny thing is i just read an article on the r8 and while the EU model gets the 10hp bump this year and is more muted because of the new EU noise regulations the U.S. model gets a better sounding exhaust.. they focused more on the sound here because of epa regulations on emissions.. so that directly contradicts MBUSA statement to me when they called back and said it was U.S. regulations on noise.. Once again Mercedes is lost in their own interweb. Lets get them to straighten this out!!!!!

The Customer Service Rep(Isaiah) said to get people to complain and AMG will definitely update the software and get it closer to the legal limit. So please call that number and get those complaints in ASAP!!!

They only need your phone number to pull up all the car info and document the complaint. I just explained how the car sounds much quieter than the press cars in all the reviews and how those cars even had particle filters and ours do not.

Lastly I'd like to thank Roken for bringing this up and making me dig around and ask who to contact to file a formal complaint in the U.S.
purplewidow is offline  
The following 3 users liked this post by purplewidow:
jj18 (05-14-2019), mrguitar (05-14-2019), Radon (05-14-2019)
Old 05-14-2019, 12:44 AM
  #2  
Senior Member
 
untamedd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 298
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
2017 C63S Coupe
just trade it in for a pre face lift
untamedd is offline  
Old 05-14-2019, 06:24 AM
  #3  
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 9
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2010 BMW M3, 2010 Lancer Evolution X, Incoming 2020 C63S Coupe
I have a US MY2020 on order. For clarification, is the facelift exhaust actually quieter than that of previous years, regardless of the missing pops and crackles sounds?
JPM-3 is offline  
Old 05-14-2019, 07:04 AM
  #4  
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2017 Mercedes AMG C63S
This makes me curious, does it affect Canadian models too in that case? Has any Canadian compared their MY2019 to the pre-facelift in terms of sound? I currently own a MY2017 sedan and Iím wondering if this will be a problem for when I upgrade to the facelift. Thanks!
rioxu72 is offline  
Old 05-14-2019, 08:41 AM
  #5  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 266
Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by untamedd View Post
just trade it in for a pre face lift
I would take it being quieter for all the improvements over the pre facelift no question!! This will get sorted out we just gotta push to get the software updated
purplewidow is offline  
Old 05-14-2019, 09:03 AM
  #6  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 266
Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by JPM-3 View Post
I have a US MY2020 on order. For clarification, is the facelift exhaust actually quieter than that of previous years, regardless of the missing pops and crackles sounds?
Yes the exhaust is quieter but it is still loud. My gf canít believe it should be louder because she says itís LOUD.. lol but no pops or bangs. It rumbles and I get crackles. It sounds good just not as good as before the facelift. This is due to new noise regulations in the EU and has impacted us all!! They said it was new regulations in the US but itís actually because of the new EU regulations. For the R8 Audi just had to modify their exhaust for the EU and in the US Audi USA actually got a louder exhaust since they couldnít give it the 10 hp bump like Europe got because it impacted emissions too much. So for the new r8 the US gets a louder exhaust and the EU gets 10 more hp but a quieter different exhaust.
purplewidow is offline  
Old 05-14-2019, 09:05 AM
  #7  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 266
Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by rioxu72 View Post
This makes me curious, does it affect Canadian models too in that case? Has any Canadian compared their MY2019 to the pre-facelift in terms of sound? I currently own a MY2017 sedan and Iím wondering if this will be a problem for when I upgrade to the facelift. Thanks!
I canít imagine if the EU has the issue and the US does that Canada would be spared.
purplewidow is offline  
The following users liked this post:
rioxu72 (05-14-2019)
Old 05-14-2019, 11:11 AM
  #8  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 15
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
2019 C63S
I called them yesterday. Rep told me that this is the first time heís hearing about it and that I should have the dealership look at it. I got the feeling that he wasnít buying that this seems to be a unanimous complaint among facelift C63s owners.

I filed a formal complaint and requested a ďclaimĒ number. Make sure you ask for it so that you know your complaint was lodged
Shazbot302 is offline  
The following users liked this post:
purplewidow (05-14-2019)
Old 05-14-2019, 07:06 PM
  #9  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 266
Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by Shazbot302 View Post
I called them yesterday. Rep told me that this is the first time heís hearing about it and that I should have the dealership look at it. I got the feeling that he wasnít buying that this seems to be a unanimous complaint among facelift C63s owners.

I filed a formal complaint and requested a ďclaimĒ number. Make sure you ask for it so that you know your complaint was lodged

The funny thing is they actually have a response ready for this.. Did the rep call you back and explain the situation like my rep did?
purplewidow is offline  
Old 05-14-2019, 07:34 PM
  #10  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 15
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
2019 C63S
Originally Posted by purplewidow View Post
The funny thing is they actually have a response ready for this.. Did the rep call you back and explain the situation like my rep did?
Nobody called me back. The person I spoke to didnít know much. He checked my options list to see if my Ď19 C63S Coupe had sports exhaust!! Smh. He tried to convince me to have the car inspected by the dealer but we all know thatís not the issue. Anyways, I told him I want to file a complaint and, because of his pushback, I asked for a claim number so I can follow up.
Shazbot302 is offline  
Old 05-14-2019, 07:45 PM
  #11  
Senior Member
 
slowc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Virginia
Posts: 368
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2010 c300 4matic , 2005 c230 kompressor (totaled) , 97' honda civic
We should all call and complain about the exhaust rattle Jesus itís annoying!!!
slowc is offline  
Old 05-14-2019, 08:03 PM
  #12  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 266
Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by slowc View Post
We should all call and complain about the exhaust rattle Jesus itís annoying!!!
Dont have any rattle or issues with mine but itís new. If you feel the need make a thread about it.. I donít wanna call you hijacker
purplewidow is offline  
Old 05-14-2019, 08:25 PM
  #13  
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 11
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2019 AMG G63
I am in the process of ordering a 2020 AMG C63s, I am crossing my fingers this issue is fixed by the time my car arrives. The car sounds amazing in the press releases and would be disappointed if it doesn't sound as good as advertised!
BrianShaw23 is offline  
Old 05-14-2019, 08:28 PM
  #14  
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
AV1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 2,179
Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts
C204 C250-CDI
Originally Posted by purplewidow View Post
I would take it being quieter for all the improvements over the pre facelift no question!! This will get sorted out we just gotta push to get the software updated
+ 1

Even if the exhaust is totally muted I'd still take the updated 19 over preface lift no second thoughts !!!

If all else fails, an aftermarket tune will easily fix both problems and add all noise and "snap, crackle and pops" you want LOL
AV1 is offline  
Old 05-15-2019, 11:52 AM
  #15  
Super Member
 
Uga Uga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 660
Received 99 Likes on 93 Posts
2019C63S coupe
Are we talking about loudness or pops and crackles.

My 2019 exhaust is louder than my 2017, and there is a marked difference
between exhaust on and off when the performance exhaust is selected comfort mode for the 2019.

I have still not completed running in, so will update as and when I do.
Uga Uga is offline  
Old 05-15-2019, 01:15 PM
  #16  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Posts: 341
Received 77 Likes on 62 Posts
2013 Audi RS5, 2019 C63CS
Originally Posted by Uga Uga
Are we talking about loudness or pops and crackles.

My 2019 exhaust is louder than my 2017, and there is a marked difference
between exhaust on and off when the performance exhaust is selected comfort mode for the 2019.

I have still not completed running in, so will update as and when I do.
Pops and bangs I think. I'm also still breaking in. 300 kms more to go, but I really like the sound of the 2019. I did not like the overall sound of the pre-facelift as much. The 2019 certainly doesn't lack loudness with the valves open even in comfort mode and today I revved it for my relatives in comfort mode with exhaust open and it crackeled nicely. Even got a pop the other day on a spirited run through a canyon road. I'll soon start playing with the other modes.
superswiss is offline  
Old 05-15-2019, 01:36 PM
  #17  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 266
Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by superswiss View Post
Pops and bangs I think. I'm also still breaking in. 300 kms more to go, but I really like the sound of the 2019. I did not like the overall sound of the pre-facelift as much. The 2019 certainly doesn't lack loudness with the valves open even in comfort mode and today I revved it for my relatives in comfort mode with exhaust open and it crackeled nicely. Even got a pop the other day on a spirited run through a canyon road. I'll soon start playing with the other modes.
I agree itís loud.. just not the pops and bangs.. I do get crackles in the 4-4500 range when I let off the gas but I am in the same boat as you doing the break in.
purplewidow is offline  
Old 05-22-2019, 03:42 PM
  #18  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 266
Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts
Bumpity bump!!!!

get calling and complaining guys.. how did this get to page 2?🤦*♂️🤦*♂️🤦*♂️🤦*♂️
purplewidow is offline  
The following users liked this post:
BrianShaw23 (05-22-2019)
 

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: CALLING ALL U.S. 2019 C63S OWNERS... POPS AND BANGS COMPLAINTS NEEDED ASAP


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: