Sponsored by:

CALLING ALL U.S. 2019 C63S OWNERS... POPS AND BANGS COMPLAINTS NEEDED ASAP

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-19-2019, 11:03 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
AMG C63S
Originally Posted by munis
Are you sure about this? Cause Renntech does do custom burble tunes on request. Search for amgenetics on IG. He has a custom burble tune which is nasty and was done by renntech.
It sounds like you’re driving an Orville Redenbacher popcorn machine. It’s not a true AMG pop and burble sound.

Old 07-19-2019, 11:32 AM

Received 86 Likes on 57 Posts
c63s
@purplewidow et al, would it help if we all signed a petition at https://www.change.org/petitions or something? Maybe it will catch more MB executive attention that way...press will catch wind and write about it? will be hard to not address when it's in the wild like that. this forum and the private lounge probably don't provide enough public visibility to make enough change...

thoughts?
Old 07-19-2019, 11:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 398 Likes on 306 Posts
AMG C63s Sedan , AMG C43 , AMG G63 , GLK 250
Originally Posted by mrguitar
@purplewidow et al, would it help if we all signed a petition at https://www.change.org/petitions or something? Maybe it will catch more MB executive attention that way...press will catch wind and write about it? will be hard to not address when it's in the wild like that. this forum and the private lounge probably don't provide enough public visibility to make enough change...

thoughts?
@mrguitar I think thats a great idea :-) set er up !!
Old 07-19-2019, 11:50 AM

c63s
Originally Posted by FLC63s
@mrguitar I think thats a great idea :-) set er up !!
LOL. YOU guys do it...i don't even have my car yet! I would get so much flak as someone who doesn't even have context yet.

@flc63 or @purplewidow or whomever please set one up. Seems easy enough...someone with a passion about this (and a penchant for drumming things up!).
Old 07-19-2019, 11:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by mrguitar
LOL. YOU guys do it...i don't even have my car yet! I would get so much flak as someone who doesn't even have context yet.

@flc63 or @purplewidow or whomever please set one up. Seems easy enough...someone with a passion about this (and a penchant for drumming things up!).

Old 07-19-2019, 11:58 AM

c63s
the king of photo replies strikes again!
The following users liked this post:
FLC63s (07-19-2019)
Old 07-19-2019, 12:06 PM

Received 89 Likes on 63 Posts
2019 c63s coupe, 2008 s63 sedan, 2007 335i coupe
I think customers need to keep pushing and calling repeatedly to mbusa.. if they come at you with the regulations bs tell them there is no state that has gotten stricter and lowered the decibel rating for cars. cali just now forces officers to write tickets for the violation.. that's the only change in the US. How come Lambo's come straight from the factory and r8's much much louder than our cars.. same with all the bikes.. they have a lot of room to play with... Europe did however get stricter which is why the new r8 in the US we get a new louder exhaust and in europe so they aren't too jealous they get a 10hp bump... but not many c63s out there so the numbers are gonna be low on a petition.. if the number of owners complain repeatedly to mbusa and their respective countries it means the most imo because they are proven owners of the model..The US market is the biggest we have a lot of pull thanks to the number of cars sold here.. If enough people complain action will get taken. I am gong to call again todayif i get a break.. it's been busy and I haven't called in a month or so.
Old 07-19-2019, 12:16 PM

c63s
Originally Posted by purplewidow
I think customers need to keep pushing and calling repeatedly to mbusa.. if they come at you with the regulations bs tell them there is no state that has gotten stricter and lowered the decibel rating for cars. cali just now forces officers to write tickets for the violation.. that's the only change in the US. How come Lambo's come straight from the factory and r8's much much louder than our cars.. same with all the bikes.. they have a lot of room to play with... Europe did however get stricter which is why the new r8 in the US we get a new louder exhaust and in europe so they aren't too jealous they get a 10hp bump... but not many c63s out there so the numbers are gonna be low on a petition.. if the number of owners complain repeatedly to mbusa and their respective countries it means the most imo because they are proven owners of the model..The US market is the biggest we have a lot of pull thanks to the number of cars sold here.. If enough people complain action will get taken. I am gong to call again todayif i get a break.. it's been busy and I haven't called in a month or so.
hmmmm...i'm actually going to disagree a bit on this one. I'm not as well-versed as many of you are on how MB behaves (being this is my first MB), but in the short time I have had exposure to this relationship, I can pretty confidently say that they don't really care about accommodating their customers' needs. I don't mean that from a negligence standpoint so much as from a disorganized standpoint. They have so many moving parts (especially with the AMG relationship) and are so behind on things, and communication is so bad, that I just think this issue is just not on their radar. And that's par for course as to why we haven't seen/heard any response from AMG on the subject, and as well why so many different MB/AMG resources have differing information/responses on the subject.

I think there is nothing as powerful in the world of consumerism as public perception. If this kind of story started making headlines at Motortrend, or C/D, Top Gear, or any one of the many automotive sites across the internet (that AMG actually seems to rely on to leak information), then this issue would garner much more attention and force AMG's hand to at least respond on the subject, if not actually address/correct it.

My thinking is the level of effort to create a petition and have others e-sign it is relatively small, but yet would provide additional visibility beyond these, less visible, channels. At the least, it provides another avenue by which we can voice our complaints. Who knows, maybe there are not enough signatures to make a dent in the issue...?

Anyway, my two cents...

Last edited by mrguitar; 07-19-2019 at 12:45 PM.
The following users liked this post:
FLC63s (07-19-2019)
Old 07-19-2019, 12:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Hey @purplewidow , I am going to have to agree with @mrguitar on this, I think you DEFINITELY should start an online petition... as this creates a more captive area for people to show and support.. I understand a phone call is a phone call, but add on top of that a petition that is going around, will make it public facing.

I dont own a 2019, but I would def sign a petition, but what why in the hell would I call MB ?? (your exposure will greatly increase with an online movement) <- outside of this forum community.
(for that matter, If you want, I can even create the petition for you... I just am not versed on the issue first hand, as my 2017 sounds AWESOME!) :-)
Old 07-19-2019, 01:08 PM

Received 89 Likes on 63 Posts
2019 c63s coupe, 2008 s63 sedan, 2007 335i coupe
I am not opposed to it. I am not jumping on the web and starting one but if someone else wants to I will sign it 100%. I just think if we get a a large amount of people complaining directly they are forced to address it based on the number of complaints and it climbs the ladder of issues addressed by them. That is what mbusa told me which is why I said to get a claim number from mbusa so it is official. Will the online petition help? Possibly but imo direct complaints by actual vehicle owners means more. Like I said if you wanna start a petition go for it. I’ll sign it.. what would be even more drastic and effective would be a class action lawsuit. False advertising. And even false info by mbusa after the fact listing new regulations as a reason. But that is not my gig. A software update isn’t going to come from a company as large as them overnight.. keep complaining!!!
Old 07-19-2019, 01:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I am not opposed to it. I am not jumping on the web and starting one but if someone else wants to I will sign it 100%. I just think if we get a a large amount of people complaining directly they are forced to address it based on the number of complaints and it climbs the ladder of issues addressed by them. That is what mbusa told me which is why I said to get a claim number from mbusa so it is official. Will the online petition help? Possibly but imo direct complaints by actual vehicle owners means more. Like I said if you wanna start a petition go for it. I’ll sign it.. what would be even more drastic and effective would be a class action lawsuit. False advertising. And even false info by mbusa after the fact listing new regulations as a reason. But that is not my gig. A software update isn’t going to come from a company as large as them overnight.. keep complaining!!!
So how many " claim " numbers do you/we have ?? thats the question then...
Old 07-19-2019, 02:04 PM

c63s
So how many " claim " numbers do you/we have ?? thats the question then...
we have at least 3...

i'm sure once it's created many will jump on the bandwagon
Old 07-19-2019, 02:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C450
I’m happy to have come across this forum. I was in the market for this car and had the chance to do a cold start on a 2019 c63s in Canada. The exhaust sounded muted to me compared to everything I have seen or experienced with previous models.

In in an effort to confirm I wasn’t nuts I reviewed every YouTube video I could find but the only conclusion I could come to was that the press cars had different ECU tunes to production models.

I hope MB can address this otherwise the defining feature of the car and one of the main reasons for getting this over the m3/m4 or Alfa disappears.
Old 07-19-2019, 02:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,670 Likes on 2,452 Posts
2019 C63CS
Originally Posted by Zukoota
I’m happy to have come across this forum. I was in the market for this car and had the chance to do a cold start on a 2019 c63s in Canada. The exhaust sounded muted to me compared to everything I have seen or experienced with previous models.

In in an effort to confirm I wasn’t nuts I reviewed every YouTube video I could find but the only conclusion I could come to was that the press cars had different ECU tunes to production models.

I hope MB can address this otherwise the defining feature of the car and one of the main reasons for getting this over the m3/m4 or Alfa disappears.
You are probably not aware of the new emotion start in the 2019. Press and hold one of the shift paddles while starting the car. This will open the exhaust flaps and rev the car briefly to 3500 rpm. The theatrics are still there, but perhaps a bit hidden and not as easily accessible anymore unless the car is driven very dynamically.
Old 07-19-2019, 02:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C450
That may be the case and I hope it is as I really really want this car. I did put it into race mode for the start as I normally do with the c450 (sports +) and the exhaust was louder but with none of the character I’ve come to expect and desperately wanted from the 2019 models. I’ll hold on as my lease isn’t due to end till April of next year anyway and review a few us/Canadian videos of cars that have been through the break in period. Sounds like a few people on this forum have had their cars through the break in period and the sound still doesn’t match the previous models.
Old 07-19-2019, 04:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Exclamation

http://chng.it/VKDmfPW2kt

Sign it, share it, pass it along ---

A friend created it, and if anyone has comments or recommendations on language etc, please PM me
Old 07-19-2019, 05:57 PM

c63s

A friend created it, and if anyone has comments or recommendations on language etc, please PM me
Nice job, @flc63 ! Will sign it ASAP
Old 07-19-2019, 06:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 107 Likes on 75 Posts
2018 AMG GTR, 2017 GLS63, 2019 C63s
Originally Posted by Zukoota

You are absolutely right! The facelift c63 sounds nothing like the prefacelift! There's hope that a sw update will improve that but in the meantime I am not going to kill myself driving crazy enough to activate some sort of theatrics! I have owned 7 AMGs in the past 10 years and this one has to be my least favorite when it comes to sound.
Old 07-19-2019, 06:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 107 Likes on 75 Posts
2018 AMG GTR, 2017 GLS63, 2019 C63s
signed! Thank you!

Old 07-19-2019, 06:42 PM

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
2014 Audi RS5
Signed!
Old 07-19-2019, 07:02 PM

Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts
Tesla Model 3, Corvette C8

Signed, as well. Even though I don't have a c63
Old 07-19-2019, 10:11 PM

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts
'19 C63S AMG Coupe

Signed, thanks.
Old 07-19-2019, 11:26 PM

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
2019 C63s Coupe

Signed.

Also, I hear that tweeting a complaint to a company can sometimes get some traction and maybe a response from the company.

https://twitter.com/MercedesAMG
https://twitter.com/MercedesBenz
https://twitter.com/MercedesBenzUSA
Old 07-20-2019, 07:28 AM

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts
2019 C63S Selenite Grey, 2018 911 Turbo, Guards Red
Signed
Old 07-20-2019, 09:44 AM

Received 130 Likes on 116 Posts
2019C63S coupe
Signed

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: CALLING ALL U.S. 2019 C63S OWNERS... POPS AND BANGS COMPLAINTS NEEDED ASAP