Notices
C63/C63S AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Autovlog Video Review of 2019 C63S Coupe

 
Old 07-12-2019, 12:25 PM
  #101  
Super Member
 
NYCSoiL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 734
Received 82 Likes on 76 Posts
2019 C63S Coupe; Tesla M3P
Originally Posted by superswiss View Post
NYCSoiL did European Delivery like I did. With ED you have to pay for the car 30 days before leaving for Germany excited to take delivery of your car there and drive it on its home turf. One sees the car for the first time after flying thousands of miles. Refusing delivery is really not an option at that point anymore. However, there are protocols in place to deal with issues. Worst worst case they'll give you a loaner while fixing the car. That isn't very ideal, because the whole point of one flying there is to drive their own car. The other option is to live with the issues while in Europe and then bring them to the attention of the drop off location, MBUSA ED and your dealership at the time of dropping off the car in Germany, so that the issues can get addressed at the VPC. This is why I asked him if he discovered these issues while he was in Europe and if he reported them, but he hasn't answered. Technically if these conditions had been there while in Europe, he should have never been reunited with the car in its current condition. The VPC was supposed to correct them if they have been informed. Same goes for any damage that occurred while driving in Europe or during shipping. The temporary insurance in Europe covers pretty much all issues. I actually managed to scrape my rear bumper a bit in a tight parking lot. This will also get repaired once the car gets to the VPC and restored to factory condition. A car is not supposed to leave the VPC at non-factory conditions, something went wrong here.

Yes, you are absolutely right, with ED we do not have an option to refuse the car. Aerodynamic package issue I discovered already here in the US while washing the car (I wash my cars myself). I did not take the car to the dealer yet because I had an appointment for wrapping and ceramic coating. The shop said they will try to fix the issue with aerodynamic package and they've also said that's this is pretty common on new Mercedes, they do it all the time for customers. I'm picking up the car from them on Monday and have the service appointment for misfire on Wednesday. Basically signed the lease in April and drove the car for 3 weeks altogether so far lol...
Also, noted issues such as wheels alignment and defective brake caliper were not fixed by VPC, the car was stuck at port for a month only for software update. Btw, superswiss, check the odometer on your car when you will be picking it up, mine had 100 miles more on it.
NYCSoiL is offline  
Old 07-12-2019, 12:33 PM
  #102  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Posts: 463
Received 120 Likes on 97 Posts
2013 Audi RS5, 2019 C63CS
Originally Posted by NYCSoiL View Post
Yes, you are absolutely right, with ED we do not have an option to refuse the car. Aerodynamic package issue I discovered already here in the US while washing the car (I wash my cars myself). I did not take the car to the dealer yet because I had an appointment for wrapping and ceramic coating. The shop said they will try to fix the issue with aerodynamic package and they've also said that's this is pretty common on new Mercedes, they do it all the time for customers. I'm picking up the car from them on Monday and have the service appointment for misfire on Wednesday. Basically signed the lease in April and drove the car for 3 weeks altogether so far lol...
Also, noted issues such as wheels alignment and defective brake caliper were not fixed by VPC, the car was stuck at port for a month only for software update. Btw, superswiss, check the odometer on your car when you will be picking it up, mine had 100 miles more on it.
Thanks for that. I'll keep an eye on it. Where did you drop it off? Car might have been driven to the port. I'm in communication with Anne Doris about the issues my car has, and she told me that they will email the VPC once the car gets closer to remind them. Since I'm tracking the vessel, I will make sure to follow up with them again as well. I must say Anne Doris has been very responsive and coming through on everything so far.
superswiss is online now  
Old 07-12-2019, 01:27 PM
  #103  
Super Member
 
raudiace4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 710
Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts
2017 C63S coupe
Originally Posted by superswiss View Post
NYCSoiL did European Delivery like I did. With ED you have to pay for the car 30 days before leaving for Germany excited to take delivery of your car there and drive it on its home turf. One sees the car for the first time after flying thousands of miles. Refusing delivery is really not an option at that point anymore. However, there are protocols in place to deal with issues. Worst worst case they'll give you a loaner while fixing the car. That isn't very ideal, because the whole point of one flying there is to drive their own car. The other option is to live with the issues while in Europe and then bring them to the attention of the drop off location, MBUSA ED and your dealership at the time of dropping off the car in Germany, so that the issues can get addressed at the VPC. This is why I asked him if he discovered these issues while he was in Europe and if he reported them, but he hasn't answered. Technically if these conditions had been there while in Europe, he should have never been reunited with the car in its current condition. The VPC was supposed to correct them if they have been informed. Same goes for any damage that occurred while driving in Europe or during shipping. The temporary insurance in Europe covers pretty much all issues. I actually managed to scrape my rear bumper a bit in a tight parking lot. This will also get repaired once the car gets to the VPC and restored to factory condition. A car is not supposed to leave the VPC at non-factory conditions, something went wrong here.
European Delivery does complicate things, but I cannot imagine there being any clause saying you can't deny delivery if there are some glaring issues with the car obvious to the eye. I understand the excitement of waiting for a car to be made to your spec, it's a special moment but there has to be something to protect the consumer.

As for NYCsoil, I don't understand how if the car had issues with fitment of the aero package, it wasn't noticed till the first wash back home after ED and taking U.S deliver? Seems a bit strange, maybe it's very minor fitment issues? Because if it's glaring issues, and those things aren't noted before driving off of their factory floor for ED, your argument for getting the dealer to do anything about it is kind of moot when you get it back to the U.S.

raudiace4 is offline  
Old 07-12-2019, 01:58 PM
  #104  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Posts: 463
Received 120 Likes on 97 Posts
2013 Audi RS5, 2019 C63CS
Originally Posted by raudiace4
European Delivery does complicate things, but I cannot imagine there being any clause saying you can't deny delivery if there are some glaring issues with the car obvious to the eye. I understand the excitement of waiting for a car to be made to your spec, it's a special moment but there has to be something to protect the consumer.

As for NYCsoil, I don't understand how if the car had issues with fitment of the aero package, it wasn't noticed till the first wash back home after ED and taking U.S deliver? Seems a bit strange, maybe it's very minor fitment issues? Because if it's glaring issues, and those things aren't noted before driving off of their factory floor for ED, your argument for getting the dealer to do anything about it is kind of moot when you get it back to the U.S.
I'm sure technically one could probably refuse the car, but is that really something you would wanna do after having flown to Germany and an entire trip ahead of you?

There are several ways to deal with it. The cars are under European warranty while there, so you can take it to any local dealer over there and get the issues addressed. I stopped by two dealers to have my false oil warnings looked at and also have the diff oil change done. If you have only planned a relatively short stay that could mean having to cancel some plans, though. I stayed 2 months, so getting it serviced wasn't a big issue. Both places squeezed me in, even though they were fully booked.
superswiss is online now  
Old 07-12-2019, 09:12 PM
  #105  
Super Member
 
NYCSoiL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 734
Received 82 Likes on 76 Posts
2019 C63S Coupe; Tesla M3P
Originally Posted by raudiace4 View Post
European Delivery does complicate things, but I cannot imagine there being any clause saying you can't deny delivery if there are some glaring issues with the car obvious to the eye. I understand the excitement of waiting for a car to be made to your spec, it's a special moment but there has to be something to protect the consumer.

As for NYCsoil, I don't understand how if the car had issues with fitment of the aero package, it wasn't noticed till the first wash back home after ED and taking U.S deliver? Seems a bit strange, maybe it's very minor fitment issues? Because if it's glaring issues, and those things aren't noted before driving off of their factory floor for ED, your argument for getting the dealer to do anything about it is kind of moot when you get it back to the U.S.
I honestly didn't inspect the car that close on delivery day, we had 12 days only and very tight schedule. Defective (jammed) brake caliper and steering wheel being off by 10 degrees I noticed only after driving the car. Aerodynamic package issue I noticed the next day after I picked up the car from my dealer in NY while washing it before going in for wrapping. I asked dealer to not wash or detail the car because it was going straight for wrapping. I simply didn't expect this kind of quality from Mercedes being this is my 3rd Mercedes and didn't pay attention to small things at the pick up. Don't get me wrong, I'm still very happy with the car, just disappointed in MY19 build quality.

NYCSoiL is offline  
Old 07-12-2019, 09:48 PM
  #106  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 36
Likes: 0
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
C300
Sounds good go to bed
Frankenswat is offline  
Old 07-13-2019, 02:46 AM
  #107  
Junior Member
 
scrufy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 52
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
2019 C63 s
Originally Posted by C6Jeff View Post
Check this out on YouTube. He know what he's talking about.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXTci5_NAtM
Seriously?
this guy is a total goofball. Knows nothing about what hes doing, breaks everything he touches. Basically clueless.
wow
scrufy is offline  
The following 3 users liked this post by scrufy:
AlexZTuned (07-14-2019), ezatnova (07-14-2019), Xec (07-13-2019)
Old 07-13-2019, 10:43 PM
  #108  
Xec
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: TX
Posts: 189
Received 37 Likes on 30 Posts
2019 C63S Sedan
Originally Posted by NYCSoiL View Post
I honestly didn't inspect the car that close on delivery day, we had 12 days only and very tight schedule. Defective (jammed) brake caliper and steering wheel being off by 10 degrees I noticed only after driving the car. Aerodynamic package issue I noticed the next day after I picked up the car from my dealer in NY while washing it before going in for wrapping. I asked dealer to not wash or detail the car because it was going straight for wrapping. I simply didn't expect this kind of quality from Mercedes being this is my 3rd Mercedes and didn't pay attention to small things at the pick up. Don't get me wrong, I'm still very happy with the car, just disappointed in MY19 build quality.
Jeez, between this and your engine problems, were they asleep when they built yours? Any updates on the misfire problem?
Xec is offline  
Old 07-15-2019, 12:25 PM
  #109  
Super Member
 
raudiace4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 710
Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts
2017 C63S coupe
Originally Posted by NYCSoiL View Post
I honestly didn't inspect the car that close on delivery day, we had 12 days only and very tight schedule. Defective (jammed) brake caliper and steering wheel being off by 10 degrees I noticed only after driving the car. Aerodynamic package issue I noticed the next day after I picked up the car from my dealer in NY while washing it before going in for wrapping. I asked dealer to not wash or detail the car because it was going straight for wrapping. I simply didn't expect this kind of quality from Mercedes being this is my 3rd Mercedes and didn't pay attention to small things at the pick up. Don't get me wrong, I'm still very happy with the car, just disappointed in MY19 build quality.
Yeah that sucks, hope they get it right for you and fast. Embarrassing for such an expensive vehicle.
raudiace4 is offline  
 

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Autovlog Video Review of 2019 C63S Coupe


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: