Sponsored by:

Autovlog Video Review of 2019 C63S Coupe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-11-2019, 11:49 AM

Received 58 Likes on 34 Posts
2020 C63S Coupe , 2014 BMW M5
Originally Posted by Xec
Honestly this sound issue is way overblown. The 2019 missing some of the pre-FL pops does NOT ruin the car in any way lmao. This is still the best sounding car in its class bar none. The US spec cars especially, since they are not quieter without the EU particulate filter. The 2019 retains the same character I fondly remember in the 2017 C63 sans some software theatrics that can probably be easily added back.

Some people here acting like they swapped to a BMW M inline-6 😂 Even without downshift pops, the 2019 still takes a dump on the new M5 V8 sound

THIS times 1000000000000000000000%%%%%% ...perfectly said and i could not agree more. Everyone is so unexcited about the 2019 updates. Ill take the 2019 updates anyyyyyy day of the week over the “crackles and pops”.......car still sounds fantastic IMO.
The following 2 users liked this post by Stevestil:
AV1 (07-11-2019), Dnmscz (07-11-2019)
Old 07-11-2019, 11:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 284 Likes on 194 Posts
2021 Mercedes C63s AMG Coupe
Originally Posted by NYCSoiL
So far I'm not happy with the car and how MBUSA threats their customers. Apart from exhaust scam, build quality of mine 2019, a hundred thousands dollar car is disappointing. Heck, my Tesla's build quality is better. $2k Aerodynamic package was attached using snots, paint drops all over the body... Misfire that I now have to deal with. Video

My 2017 C43 was bulletproof for almost 25k miles with Stage 1 tune, multiple track days and being driven hard every single day in NYC all year around.
Have you tried a different dealership? In my experience there are certain issues that one dealership will turn a blind eye to that another one does not.
Old 07-11-2019, 11:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by superswiss
It's always a combination of things. To me the main criteria is how good of a GT is the car and how good is it dynamically. Yes, the M4 is better dynamically, but it is a worse GT and daily. I do a lot of long road trips and the M4 doesn't have the kinds of driving assistance features that are offered in the C63. You can't even get simple adaptive cruise control in the M4. The M4 is more geared towards the track, whereas the C63 is a better balance between GT/daily and track/dynamic driving. A lot of it has to do with how the cars are configured and how one intends to use it. As said I'm looking for good balance between daily/GT use and weekend fun. While I was in Europe I drove ~6200 miles in 8 weeks. At times I was on the road for 14 hours in a single day and the driving assistance features in the C63 make that a very doable thing w/o arriving completely exhausted at the other end, even when going at triple digit speeds for most of the way. I always say, buy the car that checks the most boxes for the kind of driving that you will do.

EDIT: The tech and how the car drives, minus perhaps the sound depending on your perspective, are vastly improved in the 2019. Not to mention the exterior looks with the new grill and the new areo package. All the improvements in the 2019 for me vastly overshadow the perhaps less theatrical sound, but as I said I have really no issue with the sound in the 2019. I got to experience it on the Nurburgring and some awesome mountain pass roads and will be driving it in Race in canyons here to get the theatrics and experience. If the car is quieter around town and when cruising long distances on the highway, that's alright with me. That goes to the GT/daily capabilities of this car.

Excellent explanation. But I think in Europe you have access to some really good driving roads that NA does not have access to. Like atleast in Toronto, with ridiculous speed limits in every canyon we have and it being heavily patrolled, you are basically limited to enjoying the car in low to moderate speeds. In such a scenario, having a good exhaust combined with a good stock engine tune that adds a bit of flare makes it a lot of fun. If the 2019 customer cars sounded anything like the press cars, this would be a complete non issue.
Old 07-11-2019, 11:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 605 Likes on 345 Posts
19 E63s, 23 M3 compX, B9 SQ5
Originally Posted by munis
Do you get off on calling me a c450 owner or something? Feels like you get a good kick out of it. I did not know you need to own a certain car to be in a certain subsection in this forum. But then again I do not see anyone else here being an ******* besides you, so carry on.

May be get your head out of your butt for once. You did the same thing when I posted the thread for JB4 coming out for the C63s. We all know how that turned out. If you have a problem with me, PM me. But stop badgering me for every post I write on the forum.
I'm glad you're enjoying your C450, but I'm not the one who constantly comes into a car's forum which I do not own telling the people there why the car sucks. LOL
You were right about some info on JB4 coming out for C63. PM me your address I'll mail you a cookie.
Old 07-11-2019, 12:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

My 2017 C43 was bulletproof for almost 25k miles with Stage 1 tune, multiple track days and being driven hard every single day in NYC all year around.
Damn you really should have kept your C450 then buddy.
Old 07-11-2019, 12:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,945 Likes on 2,633 Posts
2019 C63CS
So far I'm not happy with the car and how MBUSA threats their customers. Apart from exhaust scam, build quality of mine 2019, a hundred thousands dollar car is disappointing. Heck, my Tesla's build quality is better. $2k Aerodynamic package was attached using snots, paint drops all over the body... Misfire that I now have to deal with. Video

Oh man, sorry about your experience. That's a poorly built specimen for sure. This would certainly bum me out and deter from the experience as well. So far the only issue I had with mine was false oil level warnings, interestingly only when I was driving casually. No warning whenever I was going like a bat out of hell on the Autobahn etc. Took it to two local dealers and the second one said it looks like it's a known issue that AMG is looking into. I mentioned it to MBUSA European Delivery and put a note in the glove compartment and the VPC will take a look at it. May need a new oil sensor or could be a bug in the software. The actual oil level was steady throughout the 2 months. Did you have/notice these issues while you were in Europe, if so you were supposed to mention them to the drop off location so it goes on the condition report, and put a list with all the issues in the glove compartment, so the VPC will address them. I concur if you are not getting anywhere with your current dealership, then consider looking for another one.

Last edited by superswiss; 07-11-2019 at 12:21 PM.
Old 07-11-2019, 12:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by raudiace4
I'm glad you're enjoying your C450, but I'm not the one who constantly comes into a car's forum which I do not own telling the people there why the car sucks. LOL
You were right about some info on JB4 coming out for C63. PM me your address I'll mail you a cookie.
Do you have comprehension issues? When did I say the C63s sucks? I just said the 2019 does not sound like pre facelift, which like um, 90% of the owners are complaining about? Why are you singling out my comment only? Like I am not allowed voice a simple opinion because you consider my current car to be far below your standards? My apologies then sire. May be I should come and polish your shoes for having a hand made v8 ?
Old 07-11-2019, 12:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
Excellent explanation. But I think in Europe you have access to some really good driving roads that NA does not have access to. Like atleast in Toronto, with ridiculous speed limits in every canyon we have and it being heavily patrolled, you are basically limited to enjoying the car in low to moderate speeds. In such a scenario, having a good exhaust combined with a good stock engine tune that adds a bit of flare makes it a lot of fun. If the 2019 customer cars sounded anything like the press cars, this would be a complete non issue.
Yes, that is something I've been harping on in the past. Here in California there are plenty of deserted canyon roads with no law enforcement anywhere. I really get to enjoy these cars here. Having been born in Switzerland, driving on winding alpine/mountain roads is in my blood and it's what fun means to me. If I didn't have this opportunity I would move somewhere were I did or not buy a car like this. I have plenty of opportunities not very far from my house here in NorCal and I occasionally make a day trip down to SoCal just to drive some of the canyons there. Paying $100k for a sound/noise machine is an expensive proposition, IMHO.
Old 07-11-2019, 01:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Do you have comprehension issues? When did I say the C63s sucks? I just said the 2019 does not sound like pre facelift, which like um, 90% of the owners are complaining about? Why are you singling out my comment only? Like I am not allowed voice a simple opinion because you consider my current car to be far below your standards? My apologies then sire. May be I should come and polish your shoes for having a hand made v8 ?
Couple times you have said new M5 sounds better than C63 and pointing out the obvious about it being faster. You say M4 is a better car than C63 bc they are better suited for track duty, again stating obvious car magazine rhetoric.
Saying your C450 sounds better than your friends pre facelift C63 while you two were driving recklessly through some crowded city area. You have a biased preference towards the car you own, you think it sounds better good for you.
You are not buying a face lift C63 solely based on the muted pops and crackles....

You constantly come to this side of the forum to voice your displeasure with the car..... so just go buy a BMW or stay in your awesome sounding C450?
Old 07-11-2019, 01:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

The 2019 sound issue is a completely dumb non issue. The car still sounds amazing, and if you're only buying AMGS for pops and crackles you should save the $40-$50K and go buy any turbo/fi car with any mediocre aftermarket tune and listen to pops and crackles all day. LOL
The following users liked this post:
AV1 (07-11-2019)
Old 07-11-2019, 01:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Couple times you have said new M5 sounds better than C63 and pointing out the obvious about it being faster. You say M4 is a better car than C63 bc they are better suited for track duty, again stating obvious car magazine rhetoric.
Saying your C450 sounds better than your friends pre facelift C63 while you two were driving recklessly through some crowded city area. You have a biased preference towards the car you own, you think it sounds better good for you.
You are not buying a face lift C63 solely based on the muted pops and crackles....

You constantly come to this side of the forum to voice your displeasure with the car..... so just go buy a BMW or stay in your awesome sounding C450?
I said m5 sounds better than the c63? Where? And where exactly are you seeing me compare my current car's sound with the 2019 C63 on this thread or any other thread for that matter? And it is very clear to me that you DO have comprehension issues.

What is pathetic is that you have to bring a statement buried inside some old thread somewhere to back your current uncalled for ruckus. Which I still remember you twisting back then. Me saying the C43 sounds fun within city driving due to short gear ratios of the 9 speed transmission is not saying that the c43 sounds better than the c63. I tried to explain this to you back then, but you were acting as thick then as you are acting right now, hence it did not get through your thick skull. And if I remember, we had that conversation in a thread in the c43 section. Do you own a c43? Then why did you come in that subsection to talk down a car you do not own? Defeated by your own logic it seems.
Old 07-11-2019, 01:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I said m5 sounds better than the c63? Where? And where exactly are you seeing me compare my current car's sound with the 2019 C63 on this thread or any other thread for that matter? And it is very clear to me that you DO have comprehension issues.

What is pathetic is that you have to bring a statement buried inside some old thread somewhere to back your current uncalled for ruckus. Which I still remember you twisting back then. Me saying the C43 sounds fun within city driving due to short gear ratios of the 9 speed transmission is not saying that the c43 sounds better than the c63. I tried to explain this to you back then, but you were acting as thick then as you are acting right now, hence it did not get through your thick skull. And if I remember, we had that conversation in a thread in the c43 section. Do you own a c43? Then why did you come in that subsection to talk down a car you do not own? Defeated by your own logic it seems.
Nah I'm not in there commenting every day on the C450s like you are here though. I stay here, because I own this car.
And that old top your shorter gear ratios has nothing to do with the car itself sounding better, it shifts more often, so you hear the lift off shifting burbles more. The sound itself is no match V8TT to v6TT.

Maybe it wasn't you who said the new M5 sounds better, I was mistaken. But you do constantly come on this side to fanboy about JB4 and M tuning and how they are faster than AMGs.. So go buy one?

Regardless, you're always here. Why is that? If you don't own the car, and don't want to buy the new ones because they "don't sound as good"
Didn't you also mention you are 16/17, and you were able to buy a C43 new with all those supporting mods by yourself? Should have just bought a 2015-2017 C63 from the get go then LOL!

Last edited by raudiace4; 07-11-2019 at 02:13 PM.
Old 07-11-2019, 02:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

The sound itself is no match V8TT to v6TT.
Not once did I say it is. If you took it as such, it is on you not me.

Regardless, you're always here. Why is that? If you don't own the car, and don't want to buy the new ones because they "don't sound as good"
Because I want to get one. The way the current car sounds does bother me, but it can be an easy fix by a software update should Mercedes pursue it that way. I like reading the C63s section the same way I read the c43 section. If most of the members here shares the same view as you, I will gladly stop commenting. At the moment it is just you acting all aristocratic. Which albeit being a bit irritating can be ignored. I suggest you do the same.

Didn't you also mention you are 16/17, !
Clearly understanding sarcasm is not one of your strongest trait.
Old 07-11-2019, 02:25 PM

Received 37 Likes on 25 Posts
2018 C63SA Cabriolet
This arguing between a couple of members plus all the bashing of the guy who makes a living off AutoVlog is enough already. I am going to stop taking comments and end this foolishness.
The following 4 users liked this post by C6Jeff:
brevets (07-11-2019), Chrisk03 (07-11-2019), mrv9292 (07-11-2019), playalistic (07-12-2019)
Old 07-11-2019, 03:06 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
2019 C63WS
My 19 C63S got delivered in January and even with the valves open I wasnt too pleased with with decibels. By March I had FI downpipes and a Eurocharged stage 2 install done at Eurocharged Houston. Since then I've been head over heels in love with my baby. Only complaint is probably a little too much wheel spin.
Old 07-11-2019, 03:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 868 Likes on 451 Posts
2023 Urus Performante - 2021 Ferrari Roma - 2017 Ferrari 488 GTB - 2022 GLE 63 S Coupe
Originally Posted by C6Jeff
This arguing between a couple of members plus all the bashing of the guy who makes a living off AutoVlog is enough already. I am going to stop taking comments and end this foolishness.
I just watched his latest video and it was a very interesting story. Dare I say perhaps some on this thread could learn a thing or two from it.

The following 2 users liked this post by benzbell:
C6Jeff (07-11-2019), Chrisk03 (07-12-2019)
Old 07-11-2019, 06:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 197 Likes on 158 Posts
2018 GT R; Tesla M3P
Originally Posted by superswiss
Oh man, sorry about your experience. That's a poorly built specimen for sure. This would certainly bum me out and deter from the experience as well. So far the only issue I had with mine was false oil level warnings, interestingly only when I was driving casually. No warning whenever I was going like a bat out of hell on the Autobahn etc. Took it to two local dealers and the second one said it looks like it's a known issue that AMG is looking into. I mentioned it to MBUSA European Delivery and put a note in the glove compartment and the VPC will take a look at it. May need a new oil sensor or could be a bug in the software. The actual oil level was steady throughout the 2 months. Did you have/notice these issues while you were in Europe, if so you were supposed to mention them to the drop off location so it goes on the condition report, and put a list with all the issues in the glove compartment, so the VPC will address them. I concur if you are not getting anywhere with your current dealership, then consider looking for another one.
My dealer and especially sales person are great, if it wasn't for them I'd cancel the order back in December. MBUSA are complete idiots, so many mistakes on their end I lost count already
Old 07-11-2019, 08:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
My dealer and especially sales person are great, if it wasn't for them I'd cancel the order back in December. MBUSA are complete idiots, so many mistakes on their end I lost count already
You seem to have had some bad luck. MBUSA, especially the European Delivery department has been flawless in organizing everything for me. Your regional office may be incompetent. The only thing that still hasn't been resolved is the whole areo and CF package combination dilemma, but it seems like that problem was created by the factory and MBUSA wasn't really properly informed. I'll be curious how my side blades not being carbon fiber is ultimately going to get resolved. Other than that, everything went pretty smooth including changing my order a couple of times due to the areo/CF issue. I did make sure I stayed on top of it and had my SA and SM send me build printouts from Netstar to make sure the order is correct in the system. The delivery in Sindlefingen at the Center of Excellence was exceptional and they were only a bit confused when I spoke fluent German to them. They were expecting something different .
Old 07-11-2019, 09:36 PM
Xec

Received 117 Likes on 89 Posts
IG: @amg.svr
Saw the M4 comments and just wanted to chime in that I think the M4 is a boring car and absolutely not more exciting than the C63. I have driven it and it is a fast machine but has zero character. Sound is truly awful and nonexistent. Dynamically the car is not all that special and steering feedback is mediocre. Of course it corners better than the C63 due to the huge weight advantage, but the C63 oversteer is much more fun anyway. The M2 is a much more rewarding track machine. For the price, the best handling experience is the 718 GTS or a used GT4 no question.

Oh, and Car & Driver tested the C63S sedan to be faster around Lightning Lap than the M4 coupe. So there’s that lol.
Old 07-11-2019, 09:39 PM

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
2010 BMW M3, 2010 Lancer Evolution X, Incoming 2020 C63S Coupe

Do you anticipate having these issues corrected under warranty? That kind of quality is extremely lacking.
Old 07-11-2019, 09:43 PM
Xec

Received 117 Likes on 89 Posts
IG: @amg.svr
Ouch @NYCSoiL those quality issues are really not acceptable. I’d be furious and would have refused delivery. Glad your dealer is good, a good dealer goes a long way. Got a couple of small bugs worked out on my car and the 2 dealers did a great job. Left me feeling very good about the car and Mercedes.

Hope you get yours fixed along with the misfires and this will be a long forgotten memory.

The Germany plant really needs to get its **** together. Not the first time I’ve seen panel gaps on the coupes. You’d think they would fix these issues on the FL.

Last edited by Xec; 07-11-2019 at 09:46 PM.
Old 07-12-2019, 08:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Damn, I just saw the video. If that was my car and the dealership refused to do anything about it, they would not sell any other car that day.
Old 07-12-2019, 11:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Why accept delivery of a car with poor fitment and paint issues?

And for misfires, I would tell them to keep the car till its fixed or I don't want it back. If problem is still there, go directly to MB of America and get start CCing the dealership managers. Your problems will be solved real quick.
Old 07-12-2019, 11:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Clearly understanding sarcasm is not one of your strongest trait.

Right. Sarcasm. Anyways this will be my last reply on this stupid topic, you clearly have too much time on your hands to frequent forums of cars you don't own. Good luck.
Old 07-12-2019, 11:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
Why accept delivery of a car with poor fitment and paint issues?

And for misfires, I would tell them to keep the car till its fixed or I don't want it back. If problem is still there, go directly to MB of America and get start CCing the dealership managers. Your problems will be solved real quick.
@NYCSoiL did European Delivery like I did. With ED you have to pay for the car 30 days before leaving for Germany excited to take delivery of your car there and drive it on its home turf. One sees the car for the first time after flying thousands of miles. Refusing delivery is really not an option at that point anymore. However, there are protocols in place to deal with issues. Worst worst case they'll give you a loaner while fixing the car. That isn't very ideal, because the whole point of one flying there is to drive their own car. The other option is to live with the issues while in Europe and then bring them to the attention of the drop off location, MBUSA ED and your dealership at the time of dropping off the car in Germany, so that the issues can get addressed at the VPC. This is why I asked him if he discovered these issues while he was in Europe and if he reported them, but he hasn't answered. Technically if these conditions had been there while in Europe, he should have never been reunited with the car in its current condition. The VPC was supposed to correct them if they have been informed. Same goes for any damage that occurred while driving in Europe or during shipping. The temporary insurance in Europe covers pretty much all issues. I actually managed to scrape my rear bumper a bit in a tight parking lot. This will also get repaired once the car gets to the VPC and restored to factory condition. A car is not supposed to leave the VPC at non-factory conditions, something went wrong here.

Last edited by superswiss; 07-12-2019 at 11:56 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Autovlog Video Review of 2019 C63S Coupe