Sponsored by:

Looudest setup short of going DP's?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-30-2019, 05:38 AM

Received 72 Likes on 52 Posts
2018 e63s edition 1
Looudest setup short of going DP's?

I just came from a 2012 c33 with long tubes, catless X pipe, resonator delete into stock muffler and although I love my 2017 in every way the car is just WAY too quiet for me, even with performance exhaust (although I also don't want it long tube w204 loud either). I'm trying to avoid tuning and also want to keeo my almost 2 more years of warranty, so I'm curious to what my options are. I already ordered the valve simulators to keep my stock valves open all the time and I'll probably do a secondary cat delete ASAP. My friend has the AWE track exhaust on his car and it sounds great but still a bit tame when you're ripping around giving it some throttle, so if my first setup doesn't work I may pair the awe track exhaust with the secondary cat delete (if the awe track is much louder than the performance exhaust). What other options might I have? I can't imagine any other catback eing much louder since the AWE track appears to pretty much be a 3" straight pipe setup. These turbo cars just seem to be inherently more quiet. On a side note, does anyone know the cheapest place to order the AWE track? I swear I found it for 1700 USD last week when searching on google and I can't seem to find that link anymore.
Old 07-30-2019, 05:51 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2016 c63
I have an AWE track exhaust, which is a straight pipe from cat back, no mufflers. Secondary cat delete and this exhaust is the loudest youre going to get unless you get downpipes.
I just recently ordered downpipes and I don't know how Ill feel about having a turbo back, might throw on stock exhaust with downpipes, if its too loud and obnoxious. willing to give you a good price for the AWE track if thats the case!
The following users liked this post:
ShaneN. (07-30-2019)
Old 07-30-2019, 06:07 AM

Received 72 Likes on 52 Posts
2018 e63s edition 1
Originally Posted by ManveerS
I have an AWE track exhaust, which is a straight pipe from cat back, no mufflers. Secondary cat delete and this exhaust is the loudest youre going to get unless you get downpipes.
I just recently ordered downpipes and I don't know how Ill feel about having a turbo back, might throw on stock exhaust with downpipes, if its too loud and obnoxious. willing to give you a good price for the AWE track if thats the case!
Is your stock exhaust the PE exhaust? Does the AWE track work on either stock exhaust setup as long as you use the simulators for the PE cars, or is there two different track exhaust part numbers?

I'd like to hear your car how it is currently, if you also have secondary cat delete with that AWE track.

I think in a perfect world a set of race cats and down pipes with the AWE track would give me what I want but I'm trying to avoid tuning, as much as I'd love to!

Anyways, please keep me in mind if that AWE track gets pulled off.
Old 07-30-2019, 06:29 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2016 c63
Originally Posted by ShaneN.
Is your stock exhaust the PE exhaust? Does the AWE track work on either stock exhaust setup as long as you use the simulators for the PE cars, or is there two different track exhaust part numbers?

I'd like to hear your car how it is currently, if you also have secondary cat delete with that AWE track.

I think in a perfect world a set of race cats and down pipes with the AWE track would give me what I want but I'm trying to avoid tuning, as much as I'd love to!

Anyways, please keep me in mind if that AWE track gets pulled off.
I dont have the S model, so Im assuming I had the regular exhaust. It did get louder and popped in sport +. I don't have an exhaust valve switch.

My current setup is Stock downpipes + AWE track...I really tried to hold off on tuning but had an unbeatable price for downpipes I had found so thought what the heck.

And if youd like to hear it you can add me on snap @sanghamanveer
or watch my instagram highlights @manveersangha .

Im not to sure on what you mean when you say "Does the AWE track work on either stock exhaust setup as long...."
But I do know that they are pipes, if you remove your stock ones these bolt on
Old 07-30-2019, 06:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 179 Likes on 143 Posts
Mercedes-Benz E63s AMG
AWE Track and secondary cat delete will be the closest you can get. The more cats you delete, the louder it'll be. I've got cattless dp's and stock PE and it's perfect.
Old 07-30-2019, 09:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 605 Likes on 345 Posts
19 E63s, 23 M3 compX, B9 SQ5
Originally Posted by skim7x
AWE Track and secondary cat delete will be the closest you can get. The more cats you delete, the louder it'll be. I've got cattless dp's and stock PE and it's perfect.
Pretty much this.

I have catless DPs with AWE track exhaust and that's the loudest possible setup on the cars. It's honestly not that loud in comfort mode, only under WOT and cold starts it's wake up the dead loud.
Old 07-30-2019, 04:02 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
2019 C63WS
Originally Posted by skim7x
+1 on this. I'm running downpipes and stock PE exhaust and it's the best if both worlds. Sounds mean on startup and not too loud when cruising but when you climb the revs it gets aggressively loud real quick.
Old 07-30-2019, 05:44 PM

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
2017 AMG C63, 2001 C5 Corvette

I have NON PE, stock DP’s. I just added an AWE Track I bought from a forum member here who sold his car.

It sounds great but could be louder. It does have some drone which is expected with basically straight pipes and NO mufflers. Not as much the volume, but Drone is what I decided to try Plan B.

Plan B: I just received and installed the AWE Switchpath Conversion Kit. Since I had the Non PE, I have to tap 1 wire in the trunk in order to use the wire harness to get power to each side to open and close the valves via a Key Fob.

I got sent sent the wrong wire harness so I couldn’t wire things up and am now out for the week on vacation.

Im interested to hear exhaust with valve Closed and Open it’s supposed to a Track Exhaust as the Mufflers are bypassed. Need some drive time to report back.

Last edited by TexasBenzBandit; 07-30-2019 at 05:47 PM.
Old 07-30-2019, 07:45 PM

Received 149 Likes on 112 Posts
2017 C63S Coupe
Originally Posted by TexasBenzBandit

I have NON PE, stock DP’s. I just added an AWE Track I bought from a forum member here who sold his car.

It sounds great but could be louder. It does have some drone which is expected with basically straight pipes and NO mufflers. Not as much the volume, but Drone is what I decided to try Plan B.

Plan B: I just received and installed the AWE Switchpath Conversion Kit. Since I had the Non PE, I have to tap 1 wire in the trunk in order to use the wire harness to get power to each side to open and close the valves via a Key Fob.

I got sent sent the wrong wire harness so I couldn’t wire things up and am now out for the week on vacation.

Im interested to hear exhaust with valve Closed and Open it’s supposed to a Track Exhaust as the Mufflers are bypassed. Need some drive time to report back.
it would be better if you posted a video of that exhaust instead of a picture