C63/C63S AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I want to lower my C63... what’s the process?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-28-2021, 11:52 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2019 C63 AMG
I want to lower my C63... what’s the process?

Just doing my due diligence here;

I’ve read a handful amounts of information and wanted to get the first hand experience from someone.

I have a 2019 C63 AMG facelift and I have read that in order to lower the car safely you must install the springs AND a front camber kit as the car comes down and ends up mutilating the front tires without it.

What are the required parts in order to safely get the car lowered as to remove my wheel gap?

HAS kit + springs?

Just springs?

Thank you!!
Old 02-28-2021, 01:03 PM

Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts
C63s AMG
I lowered my C63s using eibach springs. In my opinion, the drop and ride quality are perfect. You still maintain adaptive suspension functions so you can still change suspension settings from comfort, sport, sport+, and race.

If you want to control the height of your drop then you should get HAS kit. If I were to recommend a brand, I would go with Carbahn. Check out minute 7:27 on this video

Finally, our cars come with a fixed negative camber from factory, negative camber (along with a tow in) tend to wear tires faster than the norm. Once we lower our car, our negative camber grows and so does our tire wear. One way to remedy that is getting camber kit installed to give you the ability to adjust the camber to minimize tire wear. Most common kit is made by KMAC (current vendor here). I have a set I purchased for myself for sale, if you’re interested. https://mbworld.org/forums/market/806068

Old 02-28-2021, 01:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 421 Likes on 304 Posts
AMG C63s
I use KW HAS (no springs needed it's a spring and collar kit to allow height adjustment) and love it. Have not installed a camber kit and so far 5000miles w/o visible camber wear (or not more than before lowered). May do it sometime but not in a hurry. Maybe different for different people who use it more for racing. I only use it as DD with a sporty driving style.
Old 02-28-2021, 01:31 PM

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
2019 C63s
I recently installed the KW Variant 4 suspension kit as well as CarBahn's eccentric control arms and did so primarily for track use as the factory Bilstein suspension wasn't stiff enough and I wanted to ability to fine-tune rebound and compression settings.

I don't have many data points yet as I haven't driven it much - next weekend is first track session of 2021.
The following users liked this post:
gilmdjd (03-02-2021)
Old 02-28-2021, 02:17 PM

Received 80 Likes on 57 Posts
2019 C63S Sedan
I'm also lowered on eibach pro kit and I find the drop perfect, also feel the ride quality is alot better across all driving modes.
Camber wise I left the front as is which came to 2.3 after lowering but I have adjustable rear camber arms installed and camber is set to 2.0 degrees which was the factory camber spec that my car had. I did have front upper adjustable camber arms on hand incase the front camber became way to excessive.
Alot of people on this forum have said we should install camber correction kit for the fronts especially after lowering but after 13000km my front tyres (crappy factory dunlops) were worn very evenly to my surprise and there was still plenty of tread life on them aswell which I think could last another 8000km or so.
Toe is set at 0 degrees and personally I think toe in/out is the major factor is premature worn tyres.
If my tyres wear out prematurely then I'll just get the front camber arms installed or just change tyres more often.
I have a 19 c63s sedan.
Old 02-28-2021, 02:28 PM

2019 C63S Sedan
Originally Posted by W213e63s
I recently installed the KW Variant 4 suspension kit as well as CarBahn's eccentric control arms and did so primarily for track use as the factory Bilstein suspension wasn't stiff enough and I wanted to ability to fine-tune rebound and compression settings.

I don't have many data points yet as I haven't driven it much - next weekend is first track session of 2021.
Let us know how the carbahn control arms are. I really like how it's pretty much oem and the oems are so much lighter than aftermarket stuff. One aftermarket rear camber arm weighed more than both my oems combined. I have sent carbahn a few emails without reply so would appreciate if you could give some feedback in how they are. Thanks.
Old 03-01-2021, 06:37 AM

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
C63S
Originally Posted by dctwc63s
I'm also lowered on eibach pro kit and I find the drop perfect, also feel the ride quality is alot better across all driving modes.
Camber wise I left the front as is which came to 2.3 after lowering but I have adjustable rear camber arms installed and camber is set to 2.0 degrees which was the factory camber spec that my car had. I did have front upper adjustable camber arms on hand incase the front camber became way to excessive.
Alot of people on this forum have said we should install camber correction kit for the fronts especially after lowering but after 13000km my front tyres (crappy factory dunlops) were worn very evenly to my surprise and there was still plenty of tread life on them aswell which I think could last another 8000km or so.
Toe is set at 0 degrees and personally I think toe in/out is the major factor is premature worn tyres.
If my tyres wear out prematurely then I'll just get the front camber arms installed or just change tyres more often.
I have a 19 c63s sedan.
you in the US?
Old 03-01-2021, 07:03 AM

2019 C63S Sedan
Originally Posted by Barbalatte
you in the US?
No
Old 03-02-2021, 02:46 AM

C63S
Originally Posted by dctwc63s;[url=tel:8281799
8281799[/url]]No
I'm in Sydney. Looking to do the same thing. Where abouts you located?
Old 03-02-2021, 03:57 AM

2019 C63S Sedan
I'm in Sydney. Looking to do the same thing. Where abouts you located?
I am actually from Sydney but currently based in Taiwan.
Old 03-02-2021, 06:53 AM

C63S
Originally Posted by dctwc63s;[url=tel:8282644
8282644]I am actually from Sydney but currently based in Taiwan.
No way! Eastern Suburbs here. You?
Is your C63S in Sydney or Taiwan. I'm thinking of lowering mine with Coilovers or Springs. I just don't want to get errors.
Old 03-02-2021, 07:05 AM

2019 C63S Sedan
No way! Eastern Suburbs here. You?
Is your C63S in Sydney or Taiwan. I'm thinking of lowering mine with Coilovers or Springs. I just don't want to get errors.
I'm lower north shore area. The car is in Taiwan otherwise wouldn't mind showing you how it looks in person.
If you want something simple then just get lowering springs. I havnt got any errors and the roads here are way more trash than Sydney.
Personally I wouldn't go coilovers unless I was gonna track the car often. I like the simplicity of just lowering springs and camber arms, more of just install and forget about it.
Old 03-02-2021, 08:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 284 Likes on 194 Posts
2021 Mercedes C63s AMG Coupe
Guys, so for what do we have so far for alignment adjustment so far for our cars?

The KMac bushings
And the Carbahn ones

Correct? I trust the Carbahn ones more. Are they enough to adjust all alignment parameters to reduce tire wear? I noitced Carbahn does not have anything for rear camber.

Last edited by munis; 03-02-2021 at 08:15 AM.
Old 03-02-2021, 09:37 AM

2019 C63S Sedan
Originally Posted by munis
Guys, so for what do we have so far for alignment adjustment so far for our cars?

The KMac bushings
And the Carbahn ones

Correct? I trust the Carbahn ones more. Are they enough to adjust all alignment parameters to reduce tire wear? I noitced Carbahn does not have anything for rear camber.
I'm using hardrace rear camber arms and have the front upper camber arms but not installed.
Old 03-02-2021, 03:12 PM

C63S
Originally Posted by dctwc63s
I'm lower north shore area. The car is in Taiwan otherwise wouldn't mind showing you how it looks in person.
If you want something simple then just get lowering springs. I havnt got any errors and the roads here are way more trash than Sydney.
Personally I wouldn't go coilovers unless I was gonna track the car often. I like the simplicity of just lowering springs and camber arms, more of just install and forget about it.
Good point on Coilovers vs Springs. I've always had KW Coilovers on all my cars but with these new age cars with Mag Ride in my RS3 I'm worried about errors are **** like that.
Old 03-03-2021, 09:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG C63s
Good point on Coilovers vs Springs. I've always had KW Coilovers on all my cars but with these new age cars with Mag Ride in my RS3 I'm worried about errors are **** like that.
That's the problem - the standard coilovers and you loose your OEM damper adjustment and even the once who have it (to my best knowledge) are not fully integrated with the OEM ride control and instead you have a separate control for that. That might be okay for racing application but for my DD I want to retain the OEM damper adjustment integrated with S/S+/I mode settings.
Old 03-03-2021, 10:03 AM

2019 C63S Sedan
Originally Posted by tobeit
That's the problem - the standard coilovers and you loose your OEM damper adjustment and even the once who have it (to my best knowledge) are not fully integrated with the OEM ride control and instead you have a separate control for that. That might be okay for racing application but for my DD I want to retain the OEM damper adjustment integrated with S/S+/I mode settings.
Same here, biggest reason I went with just lowering springs is to retain the oem damper control.
Cars now a days has so many computers/electronics/sensors that if something comes up it's such a PIA to rectify. I even get a cel show up sometimes after a car wash that's how sensitive cars now are.
Old 03-03-2021, 06:25 PM

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
2016 C63S W205 2019 E63S W213
I have kw v3's and it rides a lot more stiff but great at handling . I also purchased the front kmac camber bushings because i was having lots of pre mature wear on the inside of the tires.
Old 03-03-2021, 09:52 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2018 C63S, 2020 GLE580
I have the renntech adjustable lowering springs on my 2018 sedan and they have been noise free and great so far. Mild drop, probably in 1/2 inch territory which was the OEM+ look I was going for. Lowering spring options were too aggressive for my tastes and explain camber wear. So far, even tire wear and improved looks... Ride is stiffer, handling so far not has been stellar, predictable and reasonably compliant. Only complaint is the continual chasing of rattles which was a problem with stock springs anyway. My gauge cluster surround is constant... and has been addressed by dealer several times. Install and purchase was near $3k so not cheapest option, but then again neither was the car so everyone forms their own opinions about subpar component modification risks.
Old 03-03-2021, 10:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG C63s
Originally Posted by Quattrouser
I have the renntech adjustable lowering springs on my 2018 sedan and they have been noise free and great so far. Mild drop, probably in 1/2 inch territory which was the OEM+ look I was going for. Lowering spring options were too aggressive for my tastes and explain camber wear. So far, even tire wear and improved looks... Ride is stiffer, handling so far not has been stellar, predictable and reasonably compliant. Only complaint is the continual chasing of rattles which was a problem with stock springs anyway. My gauge cluster surround is constant... and has been addressed by dealer several times. Install and purchase was near $3k so not cheapest option, but then again neither was the car so everyone forms their own opinions about subpar component modification risks.
When you say adjustable Renntech you mean this HAS Kit, right? $1500 for install, that's steep.
Old 03-03-2021, 10:21 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2018 C63S, 2020 GLE580
Correct, Tobeit. That kit. It was about $1,300 install which included alignment and a height adjustment change after I inspected. It is steep, but I’m paying west coast prices at a top tier Mercedes/RENNTech Dealer/Porsche/Audi shop so ya know... it’s likely going to be $100+/hr labor rates. I trust them and their customer service has been great. Piece of mind means more to me than a few hundred bucks I might save going elsewhere. Not saying I got a deal, but hey she’s my girl so...

Originally Posted by tobeit
When you say adjustable Renntech you mean this HAS Kit, right? $1500 for install, that's steep.
The following users liked this post:
tobeit (03-03-2021)