Sponsored by:

MY21 Coupe Allocation

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-19-2021, 05:50 PM

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts
none
MY21 Coupe Allocation

This may be a long shot, but does anyone have any information regarding the cut off for MY21 coupe allocation? I know that with it being August and the MY22 freeze of V8's all point to the signs that the ship has sailed, but hoping to get any first (or second) hand info regarding if there will be anymore prior to the EOY. Looking to finally upgrade from my 2013 sedan and of course I have the worst timing...
Old 08-19-2021, 06:09 PM
Xec

Received 117 Likes on 89 Posts
IG: @amg.svr
Originally Posted by cornerjunkie
This may be a long shot, but does anyone have any information regarding the cut off for MY21 coupe allocation? I know that with it being August and the MY22 freeze of V8's all point to the signs that the ship has sailed, but hoping to get any first (or second) hand info regarding if there will be anymore prior to the EOY. Looking to finally upgrade from my 2013 sedan and of course I have the worst timing...
Pretty sure that's already done and we're already into MY22. The corporate memo said the only manufacturing that would continue into end of year completion were the G63's

If you want to upgrade you should hop on the few remaining cars on the lot fast
Old 08-19-2021, 07:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,945 Likes on 2,633 Posts
2019 C63CS
I don't know when the order window officially closes for MY21, but that information by itself won't help you much anyway. You'll have to find a dealership that still has unsold allocations, regardless of when the order window will actually close. From what I heard, all allocations are effectively gone. Contact your local dealerships and see if any still have an allocation, or one that they can still change to your specs. With all the shortages going on, I doubt you'll have much luck getting one built to your specs at this point.
Old 08-19-2021, 07:28 PM

none
Originally Posted by superswiss
I don't know when the order window officially closes for MY21, but that information by itself won't help you much anyway. You'll have to find a dealership that still has unsold allocations, regardless of when the order window will actually close. From what I heard, all allocations are effectively gone. Contact your local dealerships and see if any still have an allocation, or one that they can still change to your specs. With all the shortages going on, I doubt you'll have much luck getting one built to your specs at this point.
Yeah, I found one in FL and they already told me that they anticipate a $20k ADM when it arrives... Currently, nothing else allocated in the entire SEAST.
Old 08-19-2021, 07:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,945 Likes on 2,633 Posts
2019 C63CS
Originally Posted by cornerjunkie
Yeah, I found one in FL and they already told me that they anticipate a $20k ADM when it arrives... Currently, nothing else allocated in the entire SEAST.
Yep, that's what's happening across the board with the V8 models at the moment. There are even bidding wars over the remaining inventory from what I've heard.
Old 08-19-2021, 07:49 PM

none
Originally Posted by superswiss
Yep, that's what's happening across the board with the V8 models at the moment. There are even bidding wars over the remaining inventory from what I've heard.
It sucks, and terrible timing, lol. Used market isn't any better.
Old 08-19-2021, 08:47 PM

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
2021 AMG C63S Coupe
My salesman said the MY21 ordering is officially closed. I have an ordered 2021, c63s coupe on the way. Just was produced! Counting down the days!
Old 08-19-2021, 09:32 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C43
Originally Posted by cjqamg
My salesman said the MY21 ordering is officially closed. I have an ordered 2021, c63s coupe on the way. Just was produced! Counting down the days!
Didnt they just cut off all c63 orders including ‘22 with the no more v8 announcement?
Old 08-19-2021, 10:48 PM

none
Originally Posted by g8orscott
Didnt they just cut off all c63 orders including ‘22 with the no more v8 announcement?
He said his is a MY21, which are still being built. Announcement reflects MY22 for now.
Old 08-20-2021, 03:59 AM

2021 AMG C63S Coupe
Originally Posted by g8orscott
I ordered the 21 coupe c63s from the start in may. It's been moving along in the process as normal. It was just produced on Tuesday.
The following 2 users liked this post by cjqamg:
g8orscott (08-20-2021), gmpalm2 (08-20-2021)
Old 08-20-2021, 11:17 AM

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts
C63 S Coupe
I ordered the 21 coupe c63s from the start in may. It's been moving along in the process as normal. It was just produced on Tuesday.
Talk about cutting it close. Sounds like you're getting one of the last V8 C63s to ever be made.
The following users liked this post:
cjqamg (08-20-2021)
Old 08-22-2021, 11:43 PM

2021 AMG C63S Coupe
Originally Posted by gmpalm2
Talk about cutting it close. Sounds like you're getting one of the last V8 C63s to ever be made.
Absolutely! I am curious if there are anyone else here that has one on order/waiting?
Old 08-23-2021, 12:24 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2021 C63S Cabriolet, 2021 GLC63SUV, 2003 ML500 | Past: 2017 GLC300, 2018 C300 Cab, 2019 GLC300
I am curious if there are anyone else here that has one on order/waiting?
My wife and I had an order in for a MY22 C63s Cab that is still in the system, however as of yet not allocated. After hearing the confirmed rumor that V8s weren't happening for MY22, I scoured the country looking for dealers that had an unsold allocation or an unsold produced vehicle, either in stock or on the water/@ VPC. I was able to find a grand total of 6 C63 or C63s Cab models in the entire country. susman @ eurogermantown helped me out as he does for so many on this forum and pointed me in the right direction of some dealers. By the time I got in touch with him, I had already called about 30 or so dealers just trying to get an unsold allocation. From what I gathered allocations are done and the W205 coupe/cab production is wrapping up in the next few weeks for MY21, if it isn't already done. After all that fuss, I finally found one less than 2 hours from me that was probably the closest spec to what we have in the system on order. Big differences are Polar White vs her preferred Designo Diamond White Metallic, the Black Cross Forged Rims, and every single Carbon Fiber option available on the car. It looks like the car is on the water now, so hopefully we'll have it by October? Anyone know the chances?

On a sort-of side note: I'm rather furious with Mercedes on this decision and the **** poor, at best, communication regarding the ongoing supply constraints. I have a feeling this is more about emissions and noise regs than supply constraints, but maybe someone else here has some more insight. I know Mercedes is usually on the forefront of technology and advancement across the industry, however this feels like a slide backwards. I have a Tesla Model 3 Performance and it's fun and all and quick in a straight line, but it is no Mercedes and certainly not an AMG. There is like 0 emotion with that car. Every other car I've ever owned has had a personality. The model 3 doesn't, or if it does then she hasn't spoken to me in the 2 years I've owned her. No matter, with Tesla values soaring, I'm parting with her and using the surplus to cut the C63s payment in half

Last edited by njwatkins1; 08-23-2021 at 12:27 AM.
Old 08-23-2021, 12:37 AM

Received 131 Likes on 92 Posts
2010 BMW E63 M6 Coupe 2023 AMG C63s Coupe 2005 YZF-R1
Originally Posted by njwatkins1
My wife and I had an order in for a MY22 C63s Cab that is still in the system, however as of yet not allocated. After hearing the confirmed rumor that V8s weren't happening for MY22, I scoured the country looking for dealers that had an unsold allocation or an unsold produced vehicle, either in stock or on the water/@ VPC. I was able to find a grand total of 6 C63 or C63s Cab models in the entire country. susman @ eurogermantown helped me out as he does for so many on this forum and pointed me in the right direction of some dealers. By the time I got in touch with him, I had already called about 30 or so dealers just trying to get an unsold allocation. From what I gathered allocations are done and the W205 coupe/cab production is wrapping up in the next few weeks for MY21, if it isn't already done. After all that fuss, I finally found one less than 2 hours from me that was probably the closest spec to what we have in the system on order. Big differences are Polar White vs her preferred Designo Diamond White Metallic, the Black Cross Forged Rims, and every single Carbon Fiber option available on the car. It looks like the car is on the water now, so hopefully we'll have it by October? Anyone know the chances?

On a sort-of side note: I'm rather furious with Mercedes on this decision and the **** poor, at best, communication regarding the ongoing supply constraints. I have a feeling this is more about emissions and noise regs than supply constraints, but maybe someone else here has some more insight. I know Mercedes is usually on the forefront of technology and advancement across the industry, however this feels like a slide backwards. I have a Tesla Model 3 Performance and it's fun and all and quick in a straight line, but it is no Mercedes and certainly not an AMG. There is like 0 emotion with that car. Every other car I've ever owned has had a personality. The model 3 doesn't, or if it does then she hasn't spoken to me in the 2 years I've owned her. No matter, with Tesla values soaring, I'm parting with her and using the surplus to cut the C63s payment in half
That's awesome you were at least able to source one. I was on the fence with polar white vs diamond white as well. I even put money down on a polar white but backed out in favor of the diamond. They both look great, but the diamond just looks better in my opinion. If polar was the only option, I definitely would have gone with it. I think production will end before the end of September so you got one of the last C63s V8 cabs ever made. Congrats!

If your car is already on the water, then it should arrive to VPC in 2-3 weeks. Get the vessel name from your dealer and track it online. That's how long mine took. Then another 4-5 days to the dealer from the VPC. I'd say you probably take delivery sometime around the 3rd or 4th week of September. Post pics when it arrives!

Last edited by RavenM6; 08-23-2021 at 12:42 AM.
Old 08-23-2021, 12:41 AM

2021 C63S Cabriolet, 2021 GLC63SUV, 2003 ML500 | Past: 2017 GLC300, 2018 C300 Cab, 2019 GLC300
Originally Posted by RavenM6
That's awesome you were at least able to source one. I was on the fence with polar white vs diamond white as well. I even put money down on a polar white but backed out in favor of the diamond. They both look great, but the diamond just looks better in my opinion. If polar was the only option, I definitely would have gone with it.

If your car is already on the water, then it should arrive to VPC in 2-3 weeks. Get the vessel name from your dealer and track it online. That's how long mine took. Then another 4-5 days to the dealer from the VPC. I'd say you probably take delivery sometime around the 3rd or 4th week of September. Post pics when it arrives!
I'll do that, Thanks! Good to know, her birthday is in mid-October, so hoping to at least have by then. It's a replacement for her 2018 C300, she stepping up to the big boy (I'm so proud)! I had to pay sticker, but you do what you gotta do. I'm on the fence about all the carbon fiber tho. She is as well. It has ALL the carbon fiber options. Obviously the steering wheel and center console can be changed relatively easily, but what about the side skirts and front/rear air dam? I assume the front and rear we'd just have to order new bumper covers for and the likely same with the side skirts. I'm kinda exploring options at the moment as she really isn't a fan of the carbon fiber.

And will definitely post pics, here's a pic of her current C300 (The A/W205 is such a beautiful car, I'll probably catch crap for this but the new W206 is ugly on the inside. That screen screams Tesla and the vents look like the cheap vents from the GLA which are horrendous)

Last edited by njwatkins1; 08-23-2021 at 12:45 AM.
Old 08-23-2021, 12:51 AM

I'll do that, Thanks! Good to know, her birthday is in mid-October, so hoping to at least have by then. It's a replacement for her 2018 C300, she stepping up to the big boy (I'm so proud)! I had to pay sticker, but you do what you gotta do. I'm on the fence about all the carbon fiber tho. She is as well. It has ALL the carbon fiber options. Obviously the steering wheel and center console can be changed relatively easily, but what about the side skirts and front/rear air dam? I assume the front and rear we'd just have to order new bumper covers for and the likely same with the side skirts. I'm kinda exploring options at the moment as she really isn't a fan of the carbon fiber.
I wasn't a big fan of all the exterior carbon fiber parts either, so I'm glad my car wasn't spec'd with them. But then again I wasn't a fan of the night package and it really grew on me. So maybe she'll get to like it? I do have the carbon fiber console which I love. I'm not sure how easy it is to swap those parts, but you may be able to sell them for good money if you decide to remove them.

My car took just 5 weeks from the time it shipped from Germany to the time I took delivery. And 2 of those weeks was because of all the out of state paperwork, dealer tint/ppf job, and the dealer having to shipping it across the country. From the time it got on the water, it took just 12 days to reach the SoCal VPC, that's why I think you should have it mid to end of September at the latest barring something unusual coming up.
Old 08-23-2021, 12:57 AM

I wasn't a big fan of all the exterior carbon fiber parts either, so I'm glad my car wasn't spec'd with them. But then again I wasn't a fan of the night package and it really grew on me. So maybe she'll get to like it? I do have the carbon fiber console which I love. I'm not sure how easy it is to swap those parts, but you may be able to sell them for good money if you decide to remove them.

My car took just 5 weeks from the time it shipped from Germany to the time I took delivery. And 2 of those weeks was because of all the out of state paperwork, dealer tint/ppf job, and the dealer having to shipping it across the country. From the time it got on the water, it took just 12 days to reach the SoCal VPC, that's why I think you should have it mid to end of September at the latest barring something unusual coming up.
I'm hoping the exterior Carbon grows on her, I'd hate to have to deal with paint at all. As for the interior, I already know the steering wheel we are changing b/c it has the suede and that stuff breaks down in a couple of years and imho just doesn't look as classy as the all nappa leather one (bar the nappa and wood combo in certain combos).

The Dealer is ceramic coating the car, I'm waiting on the specs of the actual coating they use (I'm very particular), but I assume that'll add at least a couple of days to delivery date. Good to know on the timing. I'm in the Midwest and the car is going to Baltimore VPC, so I'd imagine your estimate is probably pretty close. I'll hopefully know tomorrow the vessel name and will be able to track.
Old 08-23-2021, 01:06 AM

Here's the renders of her new car, based on the build sheet (Every option except: Driver Assistance (who needs that in an AMG anyway), & the chrome bits on the exterior. Build comes out to $100,575 MSRP)

Last edited by njwatkins1; 08-23-2021 at 01:09 AM.
Old 08-23-2021, 01:08 AM

I'm hoping the exterior Carbon grows on her, I'd hate to have to deal with paint at all. As for the interior, I already know the steering wheel we are changing b/c it has the suede and that stuff breaks down in a couple of years and imho just doesn't look as classy as the all nappa leather one (bar the nappa and wood combo in certain combos).

The Dealer is ceramic coating the car, I'm waiting on the specs of the actual coating they use (I'm very particular), but I assume that'll add at least a couple of days to delivery date. Good to know on the timing. I'm in the Midwest and the car is going to Baltimore VPC, so I'd imagine your estimate is probably pretty close. I'll hopefully know tomorrow the vessel name and will be able to track.
Sounds good..I would think Baltimore VPC should be even faster than Long Beach VPC as it's on the other side of the country via the Panama Canal.

I was considering getting my car professionally ceramic coated. But I did a lot of research, and I went with a DIY using Armor Shield IX. The reviews were phenomenal, and I can see why. After using the product, I have to agree with them because I was pretty darn impressed by the results. By far the best coating I've ever used on a vehicle and I've used many. Watch videos on it if you like. It costs only around $45 (with $25 off coupon) for a bottle which is good for 2 cars, so it's just something to consider if you want to save a bit of money (no, I'm not affiliated with the product, I'm just a very satisfied customer ) .

https://avalonking.com/shop/ceramic-...y-kit/#reviews

Old 08-23-2021, 01:11 AM

Sounds good..I would think Baltimore VPC should be even faster than Long Beach VPC as it's on the other side of the country via the Panama Canal.

I was considering getting my car professionally ceramic coated. But I did a lot of research, and I went with a DIY using Armor Shield IX. The reviews were phenomenal, and I can see why. After using the product, I have to agree with them because I was pretty darn impressed by the results. By far the best coating I've ever used on a vehicle and I've used many. Watch videos on it if you like. It costs only around $45 (with $25 off coupon) for a bottle which is good for 2 cars, so it's just something to consider if you want to save a bit of money (no, I'm not affiliated with the product, I'm just a very satisfied customer ) .

https://avalonking.com/shop/ceramic-...y-kit/#reviews
You prefer this over the Dupont variant? It's as good, if not better? Is that what I'm hearing? (FYI Dealer is charging me $995 for the ceramic coating, which I think is a bit much but I haven't checked around on that price. I can deal with them on that later, if I change my mind).
Old 08-23-2021, 01:30 AM

You prefer this over the Dupont variant? It's as good, if not better? Is that what I'm hearing? (FYI Dealer is charging me $995 for the ceramic coating, which I think is a bit much but I haven't checked around on that price. I can deal with them on that later, if I change my mind).
I haven't researched the Dupont, but I'm sure it's probably just as good. I'm guessing that's what the dealers use. To me, it's all the same and just a marketing gimmick dealers use to charge customers $1k to wax a car which you can do yourself for 1/20th of the price.

PPF and tint is different, as it takes a very trained professional to install paint protection/tint properly. It's not something I could DIY, which is why I paid the dealer to get it done at a very reasonable price compared to my local market.
Old 08-23-2021, 12:04 PM

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts
C63
I just saw this on my dealers website-Nice color and spec's
They sold me my sedan at MSRP-

https://www.mbusa.com/en/inventory/M...WJ8HB7MG099852

Last edited by I_love_ICE; 08-23-2021 at 12:10 PM.
Old 08-23-2021, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by I_love_ICE
I just saw this on my dealers website-Nice color and spec's
They sold me my sedan at MSRP-

https://www.mbusa.com/en/inventory/M...WJ8HB7MG099852
Yeah I've seen that one, it's nicely spec'd but from what I recall was missing HUD. I'm pretty sure it's long gone...it was also listed at MB Alexandria and they emailed me last week saying that the car was most likely sold. It's also not listed on Cargurus or Autotrader.
Old 08-24-2021, 09:09 PM

So that iridium silver one is still available, for anyone interested. It’s on the showroom floor at MB Alexandria, VA. It’s nicely spec’d but they’re firm on $15k ADM.

https://www.mercedesalexandria.com/i...j8hb7mg099852/

Edit: Disregard.. It was available around noon today, they emailed back around 2pm stating it's sold!

Last edited by RavenM6; 08-24-2021 at 10:08 PM.
Old 08-25-2021, 01:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2021 C63S
Originally Posted by gmpalm2
Yeah! I was told by my dealer around that time that it wasn't possible to order one any more.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: MY21 Coupe Allocation