Sponsored by:

ZAC RPA BOV install question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-30-2021, 10:39 AM

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Current: 2017 C63S Prior: 2016 CLA45, 2015 Evo X Final Edition
ZAC RPA BOV install question

So I recently purchased the ZAC CF intakes and RPA BOV, and am almost complete with the install. The last step on the BOV is to “cut and trim the factory plastic hose going from the front of the inlet manifold to the check valve. trim approximately 15mm from the centre, and remove the braided sheath. Now push the second tee piece barb on as shown” I can’t find that line to save my life (not that I’m the most adept mechanic in the world). Anybody done this install that can help me out? Thanks!
Old 09-30-2021, 12:24 PM

Received 298 Likes on 214 Posts
AMG GLC 63s Coupe
Everyone I know, including me, ended up returning this BOV for various reasons.

Modal had a better solution for tying into the vacuum line when using the Turbosmart BOV but it seems they are out od stock right now. If you want to use the T-Piece adapter, you are just cutting the shield covering the vacuum line which is zip-tied right after and slightly under the air intake duct unless it is different on the C vs the GLC.

Tobeit may be your expert on this.

https://modalwork.com/collections/mi...m178-boost-tap

Last edited by ParadigmDawg; 09-30-2021 at 12:32 PM.
Old 09-30-2021, 01:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 421 Likes on 304 Posts
AMG C63s
Originally Posted by ParadigmDawg
Everyone I know, including me, ended up returning this BOV for various reasons.

Modal had a better solution for tying into the vacuum line when using the Turbosmart BOV but it seems they are out od stock right now. If you want to use the T-Piece adapter, you are just cutting the shield covering the vacuum line which is zip-tied right after and slightly under the air intake duct unless it is different on the C vs the GLC.

Tobeit may be your expert on this.

https://modalwork.com/collections/mi...m178-boost-tap
Thanks, but not really the expert ..however, the line your are looking for is under the left hand side air intake box (looking in driving direction). I can take a photo of the line later but as paradigm said its braided and goes into the manigfold. You can compare to the picture you showed and look underneath that plastic shroud. Justr don't cut to close to the end to leave you enough room. Also, I also bought a simple 2 sided barbed connector. (I found it in marine store) ...in case you have to revert or can't finish install before you want to drive again...btw, did you buy the original single RPA or the new dual version from ZAC?
Old 09-30-2021, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by tobeit
Thanks, but not really the expert ..however, the line your are looking for is under the left hand side air intake box (looking in driving direction). I can take a photo of the line later but as paradigm said its braided and goes into the manigfold. You can compare to the picture you showed and look underneath that plastic shroud. Justr don't cut to close to the end to leave you enough room. Also, I also bought a simple 2 sided barbed connector. (I found it in marine store) ...in case you have to revert or can't finish install before you want to drive again...btw, did you buy the original single RPA or the new dual version from ZAC?
thank you! Now I know the general vicinity. I bought the new dual version along with the intakes
Old 09-30-2021, 01:53 PM

Also, can I get to this line with the intakes and heat shields installed? Really hoping I don’t have to pull them off again in order to install it
Old 09-30-2021, 01:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG C63s
Originally Posted by Drisso88
Also, can I get to this line with the intakes and heat shields installed? Really hoping I don’t have to pull them off again in order to install it
Heat shields yes but I recommend to remove the ZAC intake tube and filter to have better access.
Old 09-30-2021, 02:19 PM

Received 298 Likes on 214 Posts
AMG GLC 63s Coupe
Originally Posted by Drisso88
Once you have don't the Intake install once, the other times it only takes 5 minutes.
The following users liked this post:
miamiboy (04-21-2022)
Old 09-30-2021, 02:42 PM

Heat shields yes but I recommend to remove the ZAC intake tube and filter to have better access.
any chance it’s in this picture and you can circle it?

Old 09-30-2021, 03:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG C63s
look under here...its too dark to see but should run under there from right to left.

Old 09-30-2021, 03:20 PM

look under here...its too dark to see but should run under there from right to left.

ok that helped, I found it. Thank you! With that ram air piece removed it looks exactly like the picture

The following users liked this post:
tobeit (09-30-2021)