Sponsored by:

BENZNINJA?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-07-2023, 10:09 AM

Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts
MY17 C63s Sedan
Thumbs down BENZNINJA?

I am just posting this to make folks aware. I posted a question to BENZNINJA on their thread https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-c63s-...a-s-n-1-a.html (which he keeps reposting as new)

The question was what kind of laptop I can use with their software. He then replies with I have to sign up to get that information. I then proceeded to ask why as that is not some sort of secret information. I just want to know which laptop I should buy ahead of time to use their software with. He then keeps deleting the original post and re-posting it so my questions would not be seen. I am really not sure why he keeps doing that.

Today he posted again with a new thread and I responded with telling the this is not really a good business practice...etc. And he then deletes the post again and PMs me asking me to not post on their thread anymore.

Sure he is a sponsor. But that doesn't give him the right to conduct business this way.

I am just posting this for posterity so folks know who they're dealing with.
The following 2 users liked this post by amg8:
Iridium.C63s (07-08-2023), roy777 (07-08-2023)
Old 07-07-2023, 10:59 AM

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts
'16 C63s
Honestly no surprise here - I went on their site some months back and filled out the form requesting more info; never head from them.
The following users liked this post:
amg8 (07-07-2023)
Old 07-07-2023, 01:46 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3,171 Likes on 1,977 Posts
AMG GTC Roadster, E63s Ed.1, M8 Comp. Coupe
Originally Posted by amg8
I am just posting this to make folks aware. I posted a question to BENZNINJA on their thread https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-c63s-...a-s-n-1-a.html (which he keeps reposting as new)

The question was what kind of laptop I can use with their software. He then replies with I have to sign up to get that information. I then proceeded to ask why as that is not some sort of secret information. I just want to know which laptop I should buy ahead of time to use their software with. He then keeps deleting the original post and re-posting it so my questions would not be seen. I am really not sure why he keeps doing that.

Today he posted again with a new thread and I responded with telling the this is not really a good business practice...etc. And he then deletes the post again and PMs me asking me to not post on their thread anymore.

Sure he is a sponsor. But that doesn't give him the right to conduct business this way.

I am just posting this for posterity so folks know who they're dealing with.
Sponsors have the right to update the selling threads.
Benzninja appears to be a membership model which isn't for everyone. By definition that means there is a paywall.

Members may not like this but also have the option to ignore the advertising and use someone else.

hyperion667 (07-07-2023)
Old 07-07-2023, 02:09 PM

MY17 C63s Sedan
Originally Posted by Wolfman
Sponsors have the right to update the selling threads.
Benzninja appears to be a membership model which isn't for everyone. By definition that means there is a paywall.

Members may not like this but also have the option to ignore the advertising and use someone else.
I get that they have right to update/delete their selling threads. But they're doing it to hide conversations. These questions asked from potential customers should be viewable to everyone and not hide it. Mind you, they were legitimate pre-sale asking questions. I am not asking for information on their trade secrets. I am asking just what hardware I need to buy beforehand as stated in my OP and on their deleted thread.

Just because they are sponsor (paid member), it does not give them right to treat us this way I would say. By you stepping in, you're empowering their behavior. I get that they've paid but censoring members because they "dare" to ask a question is bad for everyone in the community.
Old 07-07-2023, 02:27 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
AMG GT S
I support Benz Ninja

Peter from Benz Ninja is a great guy. I'm not sure what the issue is with the laptop but I'm using a Lenovo 440.

I also had an issue when trying to sign up and it turned out that their reply went to my spam folder.

I literally had a session with them today to reprogram a module and it saved me close to $1000 I would have paid if I had gone to the dealer for the whole process.
BenzNinja (07-07-2023)
Old 07-07-2023, 02:42 PM
Super Moderator

I get that they have right to update/delete their selling threads. But they're doing it to hide conversations. These questions asked from potential customers should be viewable to everyone and not hide it. Mind you, they were legitimate pre-sale asking questions. I am not asking for information on their trade secrets. I am asking just what hardware I need to buy beforehand as stated in my OP and on their deleted thread.

Just because they are sponsor (paid member), it does not give them right to treat us this way I would say. By you stepping in, you're empowering their behavior. I get that they've paid but censoring members because they "dare" to ask a question is bad for everyone in the community.
I agree that more information is helpful and suggested the same.
amg8 (07-07-2023)
Old 07-07-2023, 05:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 903 Likes on 548 Posts
N/A
The marketing is odd sometimes, but Mercedes coders in general are very secretive and don't like giving out unnecessary information.
Ninja seems to have happy customers and the service works well though.
BenzNinja (07-07-2023)
Old 07-07-2023, 05:50 PM

MY17 C63s Sedan
Originally Posted by cross117
No I'm just a regular guy who doesn't stand by while good people get maligned unjustly. You should try it sometime.
Sorry you said "unjustly"? I am not sure if you read the OP, but nothing stated was unjust or rude. I made this post because Benzninja kept deleting his main thread with our conversation so no one sees it (thats rude). If he hadn't deleted them, I wouldn't have posted this. I am just stating my experience with just dealing with him. You're of course entitled to your opinion towards him but I am just stating mine. My gripe isn't about how good or bad his software and/or product is. But his attitude towards people.

He even PM'd me asking me to stop posting on his thread. "I am thinking wait, so you advertise your services, we can't even ask a simple question?".
Old 07-07-2023, 06:26 PM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,355 Likes on 2,809 Posts
2012 CLS63
Question

Sorry you said "unjustly"? I am not sure if you read the OP, but nothing stated was unjust or rude. I made this post because Benzninja kept deleting his main thread with our conversation so no one sees it (thats rude). If he hadn't deleted them, I wouldn't have posted this. I am just stating my experience with just dealing with him. You're of course entitled to your opinion towards him but I am just stating mine. My gripe isn't about how good or bad his software and/or product is. But his attitude towards people.

He even PM'd me asking me to stop posting on his thread. "I am thinking wait, so you advertise your services, we can't even ask a simple question?".
I guess you got the answer to your question huh?
You simply do not like the response so now you try to 'get anyone you can on the bandwagon' to go against a member who's trying to make a living? The info you needed wasn't free so you're grinding an axe?
The following 2 users liked this post by hyperion667:
BenzNinja (07-07-2023), C Swenson (07-07-2023)
Old 07-07-2023, 06:33 PM

MY17 C63s Sedan
Originally Posted by hyperion667
I guess you got the answer to your question huh?
You simply do not like the response so now you try to 'get anyone you can on the bandwagon' to go against a member who's trying to make a living? The info you needed wasn't free so you're grinding an axe?
No, I am not trying to get everyone on the band wagon. I am posting my experience is all.
Old 07-07-2023, 06:42 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
AMG GT S
Yeah there's always two sides to the story.

In the interest of diplomacy I'm in the Chicago area and would be happy to help members out if you're looking for diagnostics. Benz Ninja still needs to be engaged for any changes but I have the hardware.
The following 2 users liked this post by cross117:
BenzNinja (07-07-2023), C Swenson (07-07-2023)
Old 07-07-2023, 07:05 PM

MY17 C63s Sedan
Yeah I too have the Xentry Diagnostic system but I got mine awhile ago and it is a very old version of the Thinkpad and it is becoming real slow and battery drains really quickly. This is the main reason why I am looking to upgrade to the newest possible laptop that would work with the software Benzninja was offering.

But I guess I will probably go the Autel route as I've seen some YT videos on how it CAN do SCN coding and such...
Old 07-07-2023, 10:50 PM

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts
C63 Vert
I asked him like a price or something directed me to a website I utilized previously. I received no prior response that route. I told him I wasn't going to do that. I'm not sure I'd start a thread about it but it wasn't an outstanding experience either.

Last edited by cls5504matic; 07-07-2023 at 10:53 PM.
amg8 (07-07-2023)
Old 07-08-2023, 03:30 AM
Super Moderator

The thread is quickly deteriorating. Cleaned up and closed. Thanks.