Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2023 C63 Lemon Lawed - Now What?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-17-2024, 05:47 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,651 Likes on 2,255 Posts
PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
Sorry to hear about everything that happened OP, I am glad you got the car back, painful process no one wants to deal with nonetheless. You mentioned you bought another car, any chance you can walk from that deal? I think the consensus from forum members is to keep it and I do too agree with their suggestion given your spec, the mileage, the condition and all the work you put in the vehicle. Not to mention all that waiting when you first placed the order, I don't know about you but time is indeed money.
Old 03-17-2024, 06:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 868 Likes on 451 Posts
2023 Urus Performante - 2021 Ferrari Roma - 2017 Ferrari 488 GTB - 2022 GLE 63 S Coupe
I'm supposed to be hearing from Sedgwick (MBs third party service they contract to handle buybacks) with a couple offers. One will be the buyback and another will be some form of compensation if I keep the car. There were three 2023 Coupes on Autotrader the other day. These cars are scarce and I just hate to get rid of it. I go back and forth on this. I'll just have to wait and see what it is and how I feel at that time. Of course I will update this thread so everyone will know.

Things are done slowly on purpose by MB I'm sure and this is the consensus on other buybacks as well. I believe they are experiencing a spike in buybacks the last couple of years. Frustrating part is no one calls you back or follows up. I've written corporate, repeatedly emailed and called my executive referral manger (intermediary pencil pusher). Not to mention have gone to the GM at the dealership to get things moving. I've bought ten, yes ten AMGs over the years. Doesn't mean jack anymore pal. You're still a nobody. MB has lost its luster if you ask me. I will never buy another MB product again.
Old 03-17-2024, 07:20 PM
Out Of Control!!

Originally Posted by benzbell
I'm supposed to be hearing from Sedgwick (MBs third party service they contract to handle buybacks) with a couple offers. One will be the buyback and another will be some form of compensation if I keep the car. There were three 2023 Coupes on Autotrader the other day. These cars are scarce and I just hate to get rid of it. I go back and forth on this. I'll just have to wait and see what it is and how I feel at that time. Of course I will update this thread so everyone will know.

Things are done slowly on purpose by MB I'm sure and this is the consensus on other buybacks as well. I believe they are experiencing a spike in buybacks the last couple of years. Frustrating part is no one calls you back or follows up. I've written corporate, repeatedly emailed and called my executive referral manger (intermediary pencil pusher). Not to mention have gone to the GM at the dealership to get things moving. I've bought ten, yes ten AMGs over the years. Doesn't mean jack anymore pal. You're still a nobody. MB has lost its luster if you ask me. I will never buy another MB product again.
I see, hopefully they speed it up a little.
Old 03-19-2024, 01:42 PM
Out Of Control!!

This thread might also help with your decision on keeping or getting rid of: https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-c63s-...-pure-amg.html
Old 07-02-2024, 08:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG
Originally Posted by benzbell

Thank you for sharing this. Your story is VERY similar to my experience. Retail price of mine is a few thousand less than yours, but mine also has a rare set of options, persistent brake-related issue, etc. It's now been out of my possession for over 2 months total at this point (over 6+ service visits). MB Customer Advocacy has been little help thus far. When I last spoke with them weeks ago, they said I could elect EITHER a buyback offer or downtime compensation. I told him that I still don't have the car back....and don't know if they've corrected the issue....nor do I yet know what the total amount of downtime will ultimately be.... so I can't yet make that decision. I'm debating on whether to pursue this with MB or hire a lemon law attorney. Interested to hear the details of your offer and welcome any guidance or detail on what you think is most effective approach. This is my first MB. Car is wonderful aside from this one single issue....
Old 07-03-2024, 10:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 868 Likes on 451 Posts
2023 Urus Performante - 2021 Ferrari Roma - 2017 Ferrari 488 GTB - 2022 GLE 63 S Coupe
Originally Posted by MB2324
Thank you for sharing this. Your story is VERY similar to my experience. Retail price of mine is a few thousand less than yours, but mine also has a rare set of options, persistent brake-related issue, etc. It's now been out of my possession for over 2 months total at this point (over 6+ service visits). MB Customer Advocacy has been little help thus far. When I last spoke with them weeks ago, they said I could elect EITHER a buyback offer or downtime compensation. I told him that I still don't have the car back....and don't know if they've corrected the issue....nor do I yet know what the total amount of downtime will ultimately be.... so I can't yet make that decision. I'm debating on whether to pursue this with MB or hire a lemon law attorney. Interested to hear the details of your offer and welcome any guidance or detail on what you think is most effective approach. This is my first MB. Car is wonderful aside from this one single issue....
Updated in this thread in case you missed it.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-c63s-...got-check.html

Last edited by benzbell; 07-03-2024 at 10:33 PM.