CL-Class (W215) 2000-2006: CL 500, CL 600

Does this happen to you? (CL600 or CL65)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-19-2006 | 04:36 PM

Does this happen to you? (CL600 or CL65)

I'm pretty sure I'm just venting, but I wanted to get this off my chest (bare with me).

As of late, I have been getting a lot of people coming up to me w/ comments about my recently acquired CL600. Now, most of the comments are good, but I've been getting a lot of what I would consider posers telling me that "Yeah, I'm suppose to pick one of those up next week." or "yeah, I have one in gold, but I'm not sure what year it is."

Now, I have never been one to even worry about what someone else says, but I think that people have a tendency to get carried away and inflate the truth a tad. It's a natural part of the human psychy to want to "match" your status against someone (i.e. pissing matches), but sometimes you got to know when you're out of your league.

Besides, looking at my specific CL, you couldn't tell what year the car is. It looks brand new. I don't know why this is pissing me off, but I feel better now.

I guess it bothers me that I put some serious coin on the car & some of these people are acting like Safeway is handing out CL600 keys w/ any $100 purchase. Like I said, it's me with the problem.

Thanks for the soapbox.
Old 06-19-2006 | 08:58 PM
Banned

03 SL 500 Launch Edition, 98 ML 320 (sold), 01 S 500 (sold), 03 CLK 55 (sold)
Sounds too me they are just some average haterz. Don't worry about them, you got a CL 600 and they would be lucky if they could afford even 1/6 of the engine your car has. Don't let them get to you because they are just trying to say something to get you upset and have you enjoy your car less. Benz pride and keep that head up
Old 06-20-2006 | 09:31 AM

Thanks for the board of support that I know I should already be feeling.

I think the whole "I have one of those in gold, but I don't know what year it is" comment p*$$ed me off.

My reply: "No you don't!"
Old 06-20-2006 | 11:49 AM

SL 500
I don't have a CL 600, but own a CL 500. My take on your comments. Don't worry, some people are either geniuenly nice and complement your car, and some will attempt to BS you.

Either way, i wouldn't stress it because you bought the car for your enjoyment and satisfaction, knowing it's a beast of a car and amazingly good looking, let the others droll and get memerized when they approach your car..you simply smile and give a nod of appreciation.. cause you know, you own the Beast! Nuff said. enjoy your car!

Amer
Old 06-20-2006 | 03:42 PM

CL500
I have a CL500 with some 20" and I have only got one look from an old guy in an escalade ext. Also was at a car show at Hooters and they pick a white stock C6 corvette over mine. I got 2 votes to 5 votes here is the car
https://mbworld.org/forums/cl-class-w215/150782-new-gfg-wheels.html
Old 06-20-2006 | 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by djamer
I don't have a CL 600, but own a CL 500. My take on your comments. Don't worry, some people are either geniuenly nice and complement your car, and some will attempt to BS you.

Either way, i wouldn't stress it because you bought the car for your enjoyment and satisfaction, knowing it's a beast of a car and amazingly good looking, let the others droll and get memerized when they approach your car..you simply smile and give a nod of appreciation.. cause you know, you own the Beast! Nuff said. enjoy your car!

Amer
Well said.

I just passed through Alexandria on my way back to MD. I was coming from Fairfax & the delays even w/ the new Wilson bridge took me 1.5 hrs for what is typically about a 30 min drive w/ no traffic!

It was OK, since I just slide the seat back w/ my memory position #2, rolled up all the windows & sunroof w/ the recirculating auto button, turned on the A/C to an auto temp of 57-degrees, hit the rear shade button to dispell those prying eyes and gently tapped on the pulse and seat fans to cool my warm back & relax my lower body.

Ahhhhh....what comfort. It's like a spa on wheels.
Old 06-21-2006 | 10:40 AM
Banned

2005 SL55, 2000 CL500
Its called resentment

Originally Posted by lexlyf
I'm pretty sure I'm just venting, but I wanted to get this off my chest (bare with me).

As of late, I have been getting a lot of people coming up to me w/ comments about my recently acquired CL600. Now, most of the comments are good, but I've been getting a lot of what I would consider posers telling me that "Yeah, I'm suppose to pick one of those up next week." or "yeah, I have one in gold, but I'm not sure what year it is."
I have the same issue.

When you get something nice like a CL600. People resent it. Def=
"Indignation or ill will felt as a result of a real or imagined grievance".
They think its not fair you got it and they cant or never will.

It was bad when I got my CL500 a couple years ago.
But you should see what happens with my new SL55. Yikes.
I get a few "Awesomes". But others are just plain mean
spirited. "AMG`s are ****. Just marketing" "Should have got the 600. V12 is better" Its amazing how people react. I just get in the car. Put the top down
and smile. I dont say a word back. It drives them crazy.

All that matters is you got something that says who you are and that
you can appreciate and own a fine automobile.

Damn Posers. Ignore them
Old 06-21-2006 | 12:24 PM

Good view point and pretty much the original sentiment that I had.

Thanks for the support & advice.