CL-Class (W215) 2000-2006: CL 500, CL 600

Extended Warranty that covers ABC ???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-10-2009, 08:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 CL600
Extended Warranty that covers ABC ???

I have a 2004 CL600 that was put in service 9/2005 - meaning I have until this Sept. on the factory warranty (25,000 miles on the odo). I am trying to find a good solid extended warranty that will affirmatively cover the ABC components of the car. I find the sales drivel and the lack of good compairative information on this mind-numbing. Can anyone weigh in on recent experience or expertise on this? Cost is not a big a factor as service and coverage for me.

Thanks....
Old 04-10-2009, 05:01 PM

i think the chrysler extended warranty might - there's a good thread about it going in the w211 e55/63 forum.
Old 04-10-2009, 05:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 Cl 500
I have a wheels warranty that I bought from my local dealer. They are shady but so far they have repaired many different things including a rear strut.

ALi
Old 04-13-2009, 03:39 PM

2004 CL600
Model year vs. in service date

I am having an issue with most of the warranty shops. They view the car as 5 years old, which is correct in terms of model years. My car was put "into service" 9/2005 so it still has the MB new car warranty until this coming September. Based on what I am hearing though, I should have secured an extended warranty prior to the 2009's coming out as this seems to be a cut-off date for bumper-to-bumper type coverage.
Old 04-14-2009, 10:07 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
E90 N54 & W251
Originally Posted by Inlitend1
I am having an issue with most of the warranty shops. They view the car as 5 years old, which is correct in terms of model years. My car was put "into service" 9/2005 so it still has the MB new car warranty until this coming September. Based on what I am hearing though, I should have secured an extended warranty prior to the 2009's coming out as this seems to be a cut-off date for bumper-to-bumper type coverage.

That seems very odd. One of the questions they usually ask is if the car is still covered under the original manufacturers warranty; and then they base the available coverage options on that. Whatever company you decide to go with, just shop around heavily and go with a decent company. You don't want to pay for a warranty and end up paying for repairs as well. For this very reason, I decided to just wing it and not buy a warranty. When I was shopping around, I narrowed down my choice to following:

www.warrantydirect.com
At the time, their contracts indicated that they do cover "suspension pumps" but nothing else pertaining to ABC. Also, this was not the best coverage they had because my car did not qualify by age.

Good luck!

Last edited by ~CL500~; 04-14-2009 at 02:19 PM.
Old 04-14-2009, 12:16 PM

2002 CL500
Warranty

I have a exclusionary type warranty by Warranty America and they have been good so far. Paid $3100 for 5years/100,000mi, 0 deductible and covers everything except normal maintainance.
Old 04-14-2009, 05:15 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W215/X164/W124
Originally Posted by GALBA
I have a exclusionary type warranty by Warranty America and they have been good so far. Paid $3100 for 5years/100,000mi, 0 deductible and covers everything except normal maintainance.
Bumper to Bumper Extended Warranty with Warranty America but yet they are not making any repairs on my vehicle. I didn't get any contract from them before hand however I received a letter saying that they will extend my GMC Warranty. They knew all my information so I expected that they were affiliated with GMC. But now there not willing to fix my car.¡¡They said some of the things that we have broken in our car are not factory defect when my own mechanic said it is. When I first went to get my car looked at Warranty America did not tell my mechanic anything because they said I didn't pay for my bills. I called Mepco ( there the company that handle the finances ) They said they received all of our payments on time.

Warranty America made me wait on the phone for hours calling Mepco then I finally got in contact with Warranty Activation. I never had to call 3 places to know they received my bill. This is a thumbs down as consumers we should just call one place and be taken cared of. Secondly Warranty America is not accepted by all auto - repair, we went to repair shops near my house and they rejected our warranty we ended up having to go to a place and hour and thirty minute drive from my house just to hear that my car is not covered by any insurance company.

When we called Warranty America it seems that the person named Brian who said he will take care of us, suddenly disappeared. I mean at first I felt sorry for the guy because his fellow workers said he's at the hospital but when I called the following day they said he was off with a different excuse. When I finally got in contact with Brian to send over a fax concerning the repairs that needed to be made for my vehicle. but when I called 5 minute after to see if he received it. his buddy's told me that 'He's on a break' now this seems pretty shady to me.

It's been over a month that I been just sitting around waiting for them and still received no answer and it seems as though the person who said who's going to help me seems to be M. I. A (missing in action.) This is one of the biggest insurance fraud company. SOMEONE HELP ME.

Howard
Flushing, New York
U.S.A.
Old 04-14-2009, 07:05 PM

Yes!
Warranty America

Howard,

I posted a visitor message on your page. I don't know if you checked it or not.
I'm kind of in the same predicament as you. I'm on the verge of purchasing a warranty from Warranty America. Here's my personal email: haroonkhaleel@yahoo.com

FYI: I spoke to Warranty Direct and they don't cover CL600 or any V12 Benzes.
Old 04-15-2009, 01:58 PM

2002 CL500
Originally Posted by wease206
Bumper to Bumper Extended Warranty with Warranty America but yet they are not making any repairs on my vehicle. I didn't get any contract from them before hand however I received a letter saying that they will extend my GMC Warranty. They knew all my information so I expected that they were affiliated with GMC. But now there not willing to fix my car.¡¡They said some of the things that we have broken in our car are not factory defect when my own mechanic said it is. When I first went to get my car looked at Warranty America did not tell my mechanic anything because they said I didn't pay for my bills. I called Mepco ( there the company that handle the finances ) They said they received all of our payments on time.

Warranty America made me wait on the phone for hours calling Mepco then I finally got in contact with Warranty Activation. I never had to call 3 places to know they received my bill. This is a thumbs down as consumers we should just call one place and be taken cared of. Secondly Warranty America is not accepted by all auto - repair, we went to repair shops near my house and they rejected our warranty we ended up having to go to a place and hour and thirty minute drive from my house just to hear that my car is not covered by any insurance company.

When we called Warranty America it seems that the person named Brian who said he will take care of us, suddenly disappeared. I mean at first I felt sorry for the guy because his fellow workers said he's at the hospital but when I called the following day they said he was off with a different excuse. When I finally got in contact with Brian to send over a fax concerning the repairs that needed to be made for my vehicle. but when I called 5 minute after to see if he received it. his buddy's told me that 'He's on a break' now this seems pretty shady to me.

It's been over a month that I been just sitting around waiting for them and still received no answer and it seems as though the person who said who's going to help me seems to be M. I. A (missing in action.) This is one of the biggest insurance fraud company. SOMEONE HELP ME.

Howard
Flushing, New York
U.S.A.
Sorry to hear this. I did not buy the bamper to bamper warranty but the exclusionary type which cover much more then the bamper to bamper. The bamper to bamper covers only what is listed on the warranty contract but the exlusionary type covers everthing else except what is listed. I've had it for a year already and they have covered:
Power Steering Pump = $1700
PSE Pump for the Seat = $350
Valve Cover Replacement = $390
Tire Sensors = $250
Front Ball Joints = $475
Total = $3165
So, they been ok to me so far. It has already paid for it self in a little over a year and I have 3.5 left on it. I take it to a MB dealer and they have take care of everything for me, all I do is drop it off and they call me when it's done. But to anyone looking for one make sure you buy the exclusionary type.
Old 04-15-2009, 05:52 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W215/X164/W124
Originally Posted by GALBA
Sorry to hear this. I did not buy the bamper to bamper warranty but the exclusionary type which cover much more then the bamper to bamper. The bamper to bamper covers only what is listed on the warranty contract but the exlusionary type covers everthing else except what is listed. I've had it for a year already and they have covered:
Power Steering Pump = $1700
PSE Pump for the Seat = $350
Valve Cover Replacement = $390
Tire Sensors = $250
Front Ball Joints = $475
Total = $3165
So, they been ok to me so far. It has already paid for it self in a little over a year and I have 3.5 left on it. I take it to a MB dealer and they have take care of everything for me, all I do is drop it off and they call me when it's done. But to anyone looking for one make sure you buy the exclusionary type.

DOES IT COVER 'ABC'
Old 04-16-2009, 08:06 AM

2002 CL500
I ask if it covered the entire suspension on this car and they said yes. I have not done anything on the suspension on my car but the ball joints
Old 04-17-2009, 06:46 AM

CL 65/LX470
Fidelity warranty covers the system. I started another thread about warranties that has details: https://mbworld.org/forums/cl55-amg-...-warranty.html

This is another useful thread: https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...-warranty.html

Search is your friend