CL-Class (W215) 2000-2006: CL 500, CL 600

CL600 CUSTOM EXHAUST

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 11:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
s65
CL600 CUSTOM EXHAUST

So yes...your mercedes CL600 sounds like well let's say stealthy. But guess what there is a German V12 in there... pull the socks out of its mouth and it sounds GREAT. Probably picked up a few ponies too.
(Idea courtesy of Marcin at SPEEDDRIVEN) <----- props given

OUT WITH THE OLD!!!
X-PIPE

STRAIGHT DUAL 3" no mufflers or resonators. The Magnaflow x-pipe is from summit racing and my local muffler shop did all the install and 3" pipe work for $165.00 sorry Eisman, Kleeman, Renntech... saved a few thousand and sounds much better!

The best a mercedes has EVER sounded... for about $250.00 TOTAL HAHA!!

Last edited by onelightmind; 06-15-2010 at 11:43 PM.
Old 06-15-2010, 11:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 45 Likes on 34 Posts
02 C32 AMG, 05 SL55 AMG, 09 SL63 AMG, 14 E350, '18 G550, 92 300ZX & 15' GL63 AMG
.....yet you dont have any sound clips...fail until u have vids up.
Old 06-15-2010, 11:55 PM

s65
Will do it soon.
Old 06-16-2010, 02:35 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
03 S55 AMG,ECU/TCU Tuned,BMC Filters, E-Lowered,20's, 03 Hummer H2/ 00 996 (SOLD)
Originally Posted by SGTzAMG
.....yet you dont have any sound clips...fail until u have vids up.
BUMP!
Old 06-26-2010, 07:47 PM

s65
OKOK... so I had a few Jack n Cokes and I seem (to myself) like I'm speaking to loud...HAHA! My GF's honda and I'm getting her a new benz soon. Small home, but I can get what I want...just prefer to be practical for my needs. Enjoy the sound. V12TT x pipe dual 3" sraight to the tips... ~$250.00 DO IT!!!

Last edited by onelightmind; 06-26-2010 at 08:04 PM.
Old 06-26-2010, 07:55 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02 S500 Sport
Sounds Great! Nice car too
Old 06-26-2010, 08:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Go (1) step further into the rabbit hole & remove or/& replace the HUGE OEM cats w/hi-flo 300 cell + 3" Down Pipes from turbos, you'll be blown away by the difference
Old 06-26-2010, 09:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Your worst nightmare...
Originally Posted by onelightmind
OKOK... so I had a few Jack n Cokes and I seem (to myself) like I'm speaking to loud...HAHA! My GF's honda and I'm getting her a new benz soon. Small home, but I can get what I want...just prefer to be practical for my needs. Enjoy the sound. V12TT x pipe dual 3" sraight to the tips... ~$250.00 DO IT!!!

Have you dynoed your car with the new ECU and TCU? Nice sound.
Old 06-26-2010, 11:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
2014 C63 Sedan

sounds good, but the C63 sounds better
Old 06-27-2010, 09:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
new balance
Originally Posted by tasho3
sounds good, but the C63 sounds better
thats was an off the wall comment, i dont think anyone was trying to compete with the sound of another car, if you want to compete line the two up in a race
Old 06-28-2010, 04:07 AM

s65
No dyno yet... I want to document the changes so I'll try soon. I feel the tune flasher and TCU pkg is TOTALLY worth the money.

SGT:So maybe the uhhmm c63 sounds better...and your c looks great so no offence, but a c class could massage my ***** and I still wouldn't drive it daily amg or not (the c63 looks good too). Similar size as my girlfriends civic. Something I like about big gas hogs. Lifted Excursion on 34's is my tonka toy. In Texas I just don't feel safe in little cars...EVERYONE has a huge SUV and soccer moms will smash you. I will eat my words in Europe when I get stuck in a c-class for 22 days. I will update this thread to let ya know...but that's actually BIG for europe...haha. Check out this T-bone that toatled my old CL600. I was going 60+ when struck...Spun the car and bent rear axle and tore up most of the suspension components on all four wheels. In a C-class I would not have walked away <----no fun

Thericker: Yes it is on the list. I have the cash to do it all but want to wait for Marcin to perfect the turbos and get a set to swap me (looking for stock 65 turbos to upgrade if anyone has em for sale)...not sure about the cats, may delete but not sure as I don't want to smell gas in traffic... I want to discuss what works best. I will be upgrading intercoolers, heat exchanger, ECU (again), and possibly loosing spare tire for reservoir...all at the same time...so we need to talk. Hopefully get it all done before the TX Mile event later this year. Marcin is super helpful and never too busy to talk. Better customer service than the stealership by light years.

Last edited by onelightmind; 06-28-2010 at 04:36 AM.
Old 06-28-2010, 06:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
110% Agree Marcin/SPEEDRIVEN has class & the know how to match MB branding

No dyno yet... I want to document the changes so I'll try soon. I feel the tune flasher and TCU pkg is TOTALLY worth the money.

Thericker: Yes it is on the list. I have the cash to do it all but want to wait for Marcin to perfect the turbos and get a set to swap me (looking for stock 65 turbos to upgrade if anyone has em for sale)...not sure about the cats, may delete but not sure as I don't want to smell gas in traffic... I want to discuss what works best. I will be upgrading intercoolers, heat exchanger, ECU (again), and possibly loosing spare tire for reservoir...all at the same time...so we need to talk. Hopefully get it all done before the TX Mile event later this year. Marcin is super helpful and never too busy to talk. Better customer service than the stealership by light years.
Ahh sounds like you're on the correct path, remember you can just have your stock 600 turbo's upgraded as well, the HP/TQ difference between the 65 vs 600 Turbo's after upgrading turbo wheels (Told to me by Marcin) will only be about 20-25 HP in the Top-End... NO worries on gas smells w/Hi-Flo cats, I have 300 cell & ZERO chk engine lights or gas smells.

Just trust me, have Marcin do the swap or guide you thru it, the increase in sound is seriously unique (I've had guys in huge lifted/modded LOUD diesel turbo trucks roll up @ stop lights asking "What the hell do you have in that thing?" I simplify answer & retort "Straight Piped V12 Turbo, NO mufflers")

They reply back "I like the way you think!" w/thumbs raised

These V12tt's are very exceptional/special when modded, I'm on Marcin's list for upgraded Turbo's as well I plan on keeping this beast for a long time, 3 years in & still smiling..

Edit: I was incorrect, the 65 turbo's other MAIN advantage over 600 turbo's is the 65 Turbo's can ultimately run much more boost. So the 65 turbo swap is the BEST option & def worth more than 25 rwhp...

Last edited by Thericker; 06-30-2010 at 01:13 AM.
Old 06-28-2010, 09:44 PM

s65
Hmm... high flow cats does sound better than the cat delete. I plan on keeping mine also. It is almost to the point where I bough a stock s600 to daily drive...errr umm slightly mod and drive.. haha. I love these platforms. Marcin is waiting to get the data back. If I can get a set of 65 turbos and sell the 600's no big deal. He says by flow data that the 65 turbo's upgraded will make more boost than the "black series" turbos. So that's what I'm shooting for. If in fact the difference is only 15 or so ponies then yes I will just swap the old ones with him. All of it will be done at once and that should save a little time and $ on the install. I am also wanting a slick engine cover instead of exposed filters...maybe wishful thinking however. I might just have to settle with powder coated heat exchangers and massive k&n's starring at me. The engine throws codes at high rpm's when pushing the hell out of it in this 100deg texas heat SO the ignition coils will be replaced soon...I feel like riding them out till he is ready with everything. It's crazy bc the codes clear themselves after a restart and a half day of driving. Think there are some weak ones that give up when they get too hot. Going to take my GF on a tour of Europe for 22 days beginning the 10'th so I'm sure there will be great progress by the time I return... Man your car looks slick with those red calipers shining through... the perfect recipe to ditch a cop quick..haha
Old 06-29-2010, 05:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
You will see more HP/TQ across entire RPM band replacing the OEM cats

Hmm... high flow cats does sound better than the cat delete. I plan on keeping mine also. It is almost to the point where I bough a stock s600 to daily drive...errr umm slightly mod and drive.. haha. I love these platforms. Marcin is waiting to get the data back. If I can get a set of 65 turbos and sell the 600's no big deal. He says by flow data that the 65 turbo's upgraded will make more boost than the "black series" turbos. So that's what I'm shooting for. If in fact the difference is only 15 or so ponies then yes I will just swap the old ones with him. All of it will be done at once and that should save a little time and $ on the install. I am also wanting a slick engine cover instead of exposed filters...maybe wishful thinking however. I might just have to settle with powder coated heat exchangers and massive k&n's starring at me. The engine throws codes at high rpm's when pushing the hell out of it in this 100deg texas heat SO the ignition coils will be replaced soon...I feel like riding them out till he is ready with everything. It's crazy bc the codes clear themselves after a restart and a half day of driving. Think there are some weak ones that give up when they get too hot. Going to take my GF on a tour of Europe for 22 days beginning the 10'th so I'm sure there will be great progress by the time I return... Man your car looks slick with those red calipers shining through... the perfect recipe to ditch a cop quick..haha
Marcin/SPEEDRIVEN helped w/this too, Just FREE excellent advice. Beer Keg sized OEM cats 1 on ea side (actually contain 2 cats squeezed into each side w/lil' gap between in middle, so in reality ALL 600/65 models do indeed have (4) VERY HIGH CELL COUNT RESTRICTIVE, HEAVY CATS... when you open 'em up you'll see how heavy & restricted the OEM's really are

(around 20+ rwp gain MOSTLY top-end HP NOT TQ + absolute possessed German b!tch unleashed after swapping for Hi-Flo cats or removed entirely... 300 cell will keep you legal on SMOG chks, & keep Chk Engine lights off)

Lastly, I just had left Coil Pack replaced abour 3 wks ago under warranty thank you JESUS

(about $3k per side including labor w/outlandish dealer markup on parts, it can be done for half that sourcing parts yourself & have Indyshop or preferably Marcin replace)

Don't DRIVE around above 3500 rpm's... After it goes into limp mode, effected coils shut dwn some of your Cylinders, you'll get horrible lumpy idle w/NO power till restart. It's NOT good to push the car especially w/blinking chk engine light, fully safe when you have non blinking Chk engine light, just get fixed ASAP

Safe to putt around town slowly, or slowly accelerating to merge on Fwy, but I wouldn't push it AT ALL till fixed, also great time for Tune-Up w/either 1 step colder plugs or direct replacement 65 AMG spark-plugs, as the Labor for swapping out Plugs will be nil w/ALL Coil Packs off...

Weighed ALL & removed exhaust parts/spare delete/tools/jack/air machine/tire inflater etc = EZ weight loss of about 130-150 lbs Funny I was starting to get a bit annoyed w/constant pm's "where'd you get this?" "How'd you do that?" "send me this, send me that picture & details" etc..But I love sharing what works/doesn't work, I like the thought of helping other 55k/600/65 enthusiasts, go FAST! Especially when they DON'T flat out demand answers in PM or elsewhere...

I've seen other equally option equiped SL600's w/heavy large aftermarket 20" wheels weighed on scale @ back east 1/4 trac weighed 4370 lbs, easy guestimate my SL weighs around 4170 lbs -4200 lbs , my Drag setup weighs neary 30lbs LESS per wheel/tire in back...

ALL my mods inc pictures/write-ups are ON this site w/detailed pix so ANY simple Q you can PM me or use search function

Last edited by Thericker; 06-29-2010 at 06:15 AM.
Old 06-29-2010, 06:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
As far as I know the exhaust manifolds are exactly SAME on both models, ONLY turbo wheels slightly larger on 65 vs 600...
Old 06-29-2010, 07:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W215
nice sound!