Cl500 No start No working engine

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-25-2016, 04:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cl500
Cl500 No start No working engine

hey guys , I have a problem with my cl 500 2000
the battery is low so I decided to connect the charger in the fusebox left . I plugged in a bad cable ( pointed him in the picture )
finally decided to connect the charger cables under the feet of the passenger . when I opened the trunk and pulled out the battery it charged . Today I wanted to fire up the car and it turned out that the car everything works but the key is you do not hear the starter just silence and does not appear in the position of running on the computer. Please help me what could have happened , that's all that bad charger plugged where you do not need . tell me more of what is the cable
It comes in place of the fuse F35 penultimate place
What to do to fire up auto ask you for help

Last edited by adirozzz; 08-25-2016 at 04:43 AM.
Old 08-25-2016, 05:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 472 Likes on 419 Posts
Mercedes
You probably fried the electronics by trying to charge the battery from the fuse box

No telling which parts got fried , best bet is to buy a complete eBay fuse box from a used car with same part number and replace the whole unit
Old 08-25-2016, 07:09 AM

cl500
[QUOTE=tusabes;6898031]You probably fried the electronics by trying to charge the battery from the fuse box

No telling which parts got fried , best bet is to buy a complete eBay fuse box from a used car with same part number and replace the whole unit[/QUOTE

gentlemen I just checked the fuses and relays multimeter and they are good
where to look for further causes?
Old 08-25-2016, 08:27 AM

cl500
I just checked the relays and translated them in other places , when returned to his place now nothing works . After turning the key does not display anything on the clocks or is not working horn , windows, absolutely nothing to operate radio and light when you turn it on . Everything worked yesterday not to run it in and today no longer work when nothing has translated these relays . I was checking the battery is okay . ask you for help again, what is wrong
if I burned all the relays ?
Old 08-25-2016, 09:35 AM

cl500
diagnosis placed
Battery efficient interleaved second measured operational measure
All relays and fuse boxes efficient and proven meter connected in diode and rectifier . efficient
And now listen
Current goes everywhere with the same fuse box is still 12v
As I enter into the fuse box dies
There is no electricity in the box because nothing works
Because everything is current and in the box of fuses is not simply breaks off . everything else can be excluded and therefore Gentlemen what is wrong there is no current in the case of relays and fuses in the left and right of the engine compartment. the back of the sofa is and everything that feeds the box works and those not under the hood
please help
Old 08-25-2016, 03:21 PM

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts
2018 C300
It's really hard to read your posts, my friend. It's easier for people to help you when they don't have to read the post a couple times to figure out what is says.

Tusatubes is right, it sounds like you did indeed fry something trying to charge it improperly. Your owner's manual would have given you the proper instructions on how to do it. Now, the quickest way to resolve this is to take it to a reputable Mercedes mechanic(not necessarily the dealer) to do the diagnostics. It's not just fuses at risk from improper charging. They can diagnose it, and if you don't like their repair costs, you can take it back and do it yourself. If you can't do it yourself, paying them to do it will be your only option.
Old 08-25-2016, 05:37 PM

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
W215 CL500 2005
Originally Posted by Jack_88
It's really hard to read your posts, my friend. It's easier for people to help you when they don't have to read the post a couple times to figure out what is says.

Tusatubes is right, it sounds like you did indeed fry something trying to charge it improperly. Your owner's manual would have given you the proper instructions on how to do it. Now, the quickest way to resolve this is to take it to a reputable Mercedes mechanic(not necessarily the dealer) to do the diagnostics. It's not just fuses at risk from improper charging. They can diagnose it, and if you don't like their repair costs, you can take it back and do it yourself. If you can't do it yourself, paying them to do it will be your only option.
How many languages do you speak?
Old 08-25-2016, 06:55 PM

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts
2018 C300
Originally Posted by renault12ts
How many languages do you speak?
I had thought I had phrased that as politely as possible. If English is not this persons language, I understand the difficulty and am happy to try to work through it. However, that was a note more targeted to someone who was does speak English naturally but is rushing to post, at the expense of clarity. If I ever move or begin to travel frequently to Europe, and learning another language would be of functional benefit, I would. In short, stuff it, and stop making assumptions.
Old 08-25-2016, 06:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 472 Likes on 419 Posts
Mercedes
I think he is using a translation program , which does not correctly translate every word

Regardless , first step I would take is to find a good used fuse box with all the relays and components from a wrecked car or on eBay , swap them to your car and see if that fixes it

They cost a lot when new but these parts aren't very expensive used .
Old 05-03-2017, 09:15 AM

Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts
2015 CLS63 S AMG
Idk if this got fixed since it was a while ago and I am searching for my own issues. But check the x4/10 box where you jump start the car. There are prefuses in there and if there is little to no power to the car at all, more than likely you blew the one that does to the battery. I believe in a 500 it is a 150amp and 55 it is a 200amp. Unsure of the other models. I hope this helps. And you could always google X4/10 fuse box for whichever specific model you own.