TPMS not present

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-24-2020, 07:08 PM

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
C215 600TT
Question TPMS not present

Hi folks.

I have a 600 and the equipment list according to the vin includes: 475 TIRE PRESSURE MONITOR (TPM) HIGH LINE/MID LINE

However, I do not have the TPMS menu in my dash. A tell tale would be the E63 wheels fitted by the previous owner and I imagine the sensors disappeared with the old rims.

So I guess my question is, what do I do now to re-add the system? Any recommendations on replacement pressure monitors (assuming they are missing)?

Thanks!
Old 11-25-2020, 10:13 AM
SPONSOR

Received 818 Likes on 634 Posts
WWW.BENZNINJA.COM
just get the compatible mercedes frequency (for W215) valves with the size for those E63

then activate in minutes with Xentry

​​​​​​​1.
Select Control unit, hit F3
Select Body, hit F3
Select CGW, hit F3
Select Control unit adaptations, hit F3
Select Read coding and change if necessary
Select All codes
Change Tire Pressure Loss Warner status to PRESENT

Press F3 to accept the changes, followed by F3 (Yes) to transfer the coding to the control unit.
Click F2 to back to the CGW section, and then click F1 to go back to Control unit menu.

Select Body
Select Chassis
Select ESP
Select Control unit adaptations
Select Tire pressure loss warner (activating)

F4 to switch the system on, then press F12 to reactivate it.
Press F2 to accept the changes and then click F1 to back to the Control unit menu.
You may get ESP / BAS errors on the upper MFD - turn the ignition off then on again to clear faults codes.

Last edited by BenzNinja; 11-25-2020 at 10:16 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by BenzNinja:
biker349 (11-25-2020), ChrisVannoy (10-09-2021)
Old 11-25-2020, 02:34 PM

C215 600TT
Wow! That’s very comprehensive!

i don’t have access to Xentry but I think I know a pal that has STAR (same idea?)

Good shout on the valves - they may well be different on these different rims. Maybe it has sensors in there already for the E63 that they came off of and just aren’t compatible. Until I get a tyre off I won’t know.

Can anyone tell me what I should be looking for with sensors? There are so many different types! Or do I have to go to Merscabies and buy new ones?

Thanks! I think the above response will prove very useful to those looking to re-enable their TPMS.
Old 11-25-2020, 03:48 PM
SPONSOR

Received 818 Likes on 634 Posts
WWW.BENZNINJA.COM
Originally Posted by ukcl600
Wow! That’s very comprehensive!

i don’t have access to Xentry but I think I know a pal that has STAR (same idea?)

Good shout on the valves - they may well be different on these different rims. Maybe it has sensors in there already for the E63 that they came off of and just aren’t compatible. Until I get a tyre off I won’t know.

Can anyone tell me what I should be looking for with sensors? There are so many different types! Or do I have to go to Merscabies and buy new ones?

Thanks! I think the above response will prove very useful to those looking to re-enable their TPMS.
Das is part of Xentry since long

just type your original part in google and find a aftermarket for A0008223306
you need 433 Mhz

then, for the size, you need to check if the size for E63
part should be
A0009054100 as reffrence

so if you find that they are the same size and fit you are done

again, you must have the electronic specs from the W215 part
with the size specs from the E63 wheels
The following users liked this post:
biker349 (11-15-2021)
Old 11-25-2020, 05:48 PM

C215 600TT
Thanks Mista Ninja!

As soon as I can pop a tyre bead, I'll have a little look at what's already installed and report back. I will be fitting a full set of new boots (tyres) next year, so this would be a great time for a light refurb and to get the sensors working.

In the mean time, I'm off to the tyre section to discuss the 305s currently mounted to my 10J rims...

Stay tuned!
Old 04-01-2021, 02:50 PM

C215 600TT
Ordered a set of aftermarket TPMS sensors - they come coded for specific vehicles and have been assured they will be compatible with the above part number you shared. My star man comes in a couple of weeks so will show him the above code also and get the system switched back on with any luck

Will update when all done.

if anyone’s interested, these are the sensors I’ve ordered.

biker349 (10-05-2021)
Old 06-29-2021, 07:30 PM

C215 600TT
Solved

Just to update anyone that picked this thread up in their late night searching.

Got the TPMS switched back on through star, fitted the wheels with the aftermarket sensors and all is well. Had to go for a long drive for them to pick up, but they picked up eventually and have been fine since.

£125 for 4x sensors seemed pretty sensible to me.
biker349 (11-17-2021)
Old 10-05-2021, 06:15 PM

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
07' E63
That’s a great price! I paid $350 locally just last week for 4. I however made the mistake of relying on a Chat with an Android Head Unit Co stating that if I were to install OEM TPMS with 433 Frequency, the USB receiver would work (ie-be able to decode) but after getting them installed, balanced etc., I’m now told they “may” work! My Bad, I know, live and learn. I checked Xentry and the TPMS function is NOT installed, so I’m torn between possibly trying to “Add” the OEM Coding Functionality, since I have now installed the OEM TPMS in all 4 wheels, or if I should buy another lesser quality set provided with the Head Unit as an Add-on and have them installed and try to sell the “new OEM TPMS” ones I have?

Last edited by E63007; 12-19-2021 at 12:29 PM.
Old 10-09-2021, 01:41 AM

C215 600TT
Originally Posted by E63007
That’s a great price! I paid $350 locally just last week for 4. I however made the mistake of relying on a Chat with an Android Head Unit Co stating that if I were to install OEM TPMS with 433 Frequency, the USB receiver would work (ie-be able to decode) but after getting them installed, balanced etc., I’m now told they “may” work! My Bad, I know, live and learn. I checked Xentry and the TPMS function is NOT installed, so I’m torn between possibly trying to “Add” the OEM Coding Functionality, since I have now installed the OEM TPMS, or buy another lesser quality set provided with the Head Unit as an Add-on and have them installed and try to sell the “new OEM TPMS” ones I have?
That’s a shame - does your car have the antennae behind each wheel? They should be hidden behind each ****-shield. If these are not present, you’ll have a job commissioning an OEM setup - that being the case, the Android aftermarket units are probably your only option.

I’m sure you’ll have no problem moving the OEM units on.

if the antennae are there and they cannot be switched on in DAS/Xentry - you may need to take a look (with a translate app) in Vediamo, but as you may well already know; this is not for the feint-hearted!
biker349 (11-17-2021)
Old 11-14-2021, 04:52 PM

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
07' E63
Well rebuilding the M156 Engine (Heads w/new Headbolts, IM, new PS Pump, injectors, Compressor, Condenser, A/C Valve, Oil Cooler Pipe Seals, Catch Can, various sensors, VRP Shorty Headers) Front and Rear suspension, Rear Main, replacing every bushing for and aft including all subframe bushings, Evap Unit, Driveshaft Discs/bearing, Tranny Valve Clean, and changing the Rear Diff Gears from 2.82 to 3.06 and doing the variant coding for it isn’t for the feint of heart either!

I’m in the midst of my 2nd phase of my rebuild which started with rear main seal > rear suspension and am geared up to install a upgraded stereo (Head Unit TBD, 2 Gladen Amps [9 Channels] Audison Bit Nove, Stereo Integrity 6.5” MKiii’s and their 3” Mids in Pods on dash, 6.5 Focals for rear doors, front and rear Cameras) and will be removing the whole interior to spray 4-6mm of Dampener throughout. So while I’m at it I will have the room to lay the required Wiring loom, provided it’s plug-n-play and not a required total replacement! I have Airmatic and understand those E63’s that did come with both Airmatic and TPMS had the TPMS Cable incorporated as part of the 80lbs of Loom originally installed at the factory. My question is whether I can plug into that Loom, as well as the CANBUS and if so, must I install the Antennae in the Wheel Wells up front, or can I get away with the W212 or others that simply require the Receiver with its own antenna and a cable that runs from the Rear up to the front area either under the seat or in the dash to tie into the CANBUS, followed by variant coding?

Has anyone tried to use the simpler OEM setup as mentioned in their W211 E63 or any other earlier models for that matter? If so, that would be quite an eye opener for those of us attempting to cut corners with less parts, so to speak! I mean, if the W212 Reciever can pick up signal from the 4X 433 frequency TPMS Sensors and then convert it to CANBUS signal, that would be easier than installing all those antennae!

My understanding from the EPC is that MY 2007, if so outfitted at the time, could have had either the Beru or the Siemens since both are offered in the EPC? Further, there was both a front and rear Receiver whereby the front operated at 125 freq IIRC? and the Rear at 433, however the sensors were either 315 or 433, so that adds to the confusion. I surmise that by the front receiver operating at 125 transmitting at that freq and the Rear Transmitting at 433 simply delineated between front and rear, even though the front seemingly would pick-up signal from the 315-433 sensors and visa versa for the rear Receiver. Perhaps the later model W212 Receiver with its own antenna is just “smarter” whereby it can both pickup signal from all 4 TPMS and differentiate between front and rear for all 4 sensors and transmit to CANBUS? If so, the plug-in would be the same, right? It certainly would be an easier and less cumbersome install, not that I’m afraid of that. It would just make sense to use less parts for the same result, if possible!

Last edited by E63007; 11-14-2021 at 05:09 PM.
biker349 (11-15-2021)
Old 11-17-2021, 08:24 AM

C215 600TT
I suspect the question in a more Laymans form, was;

Has anyone else tried retrofitting TPMS in either setup?

On another note, I had no idea they changed the system from antennae per wheel well to a seemingly simpler system. You might need to speak to pmercury about retrifitting kit via Xentry - he will have the answer, or at least a good idea.

Good luck!
biker349 (11-17-2021)