Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 06:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 58 Likes on 52 Posts
Protecting the Earth from the Scum of the Universe
Originally Posted by WSH
Dr., I admire your choice of "patients"
This is really hilarious. One of the funniest comments I've heard in a long time
Old 05-20-2008, 06:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 58 Likes on 52 Posts
Protecting the Earth from the Scum of the Universe
Originally Posted by markopolo
I had them balanced once already as I complained car loosing it's smoothnes around 75-80 mph.
He whispered (confidential?) to my ears - replace Contis, they are not so good. Again, might be the case of another sales pitch or break-in issue. I'll drive it for 1k. miles with open mind and report back the findings.
Mark.
As I promised an update on Contis...
I just came back from the dealer (changed my SA, ATMOF)
Maybe WSH was right about Contis being OK. Guess what. My 2 (read TWO) rims are bent!.
Since I complained from the begining and it is recorded, dealer agreed to change them free of charge. I'm very suspicious about delivery guys having fun at the drop-in time
and hitting a pot hole or something. No wonder they had a problem with balancing act.
I guess, a good SA ($) is a gold
Old 05-30-2008, 03:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by WSH
Have opted to pass on SL63 030 after much consideration....CLs are just too damn capable and addictive...and the relatively weak structural safety (and primitive interior aesthetics/safety and comfort tech) of SL was a deal-killer for me...

Anyway, now pestering my dealer about getting an '09 CL63 030/65 ASAP...

Have early July build of '09 CL63 030....latest rumblings are that CL63 will get MCT....and cf not available on 030; my current 030 has cf....so will have to live w/blk wood...

Asked about 65 spec flexibility....currently, no way to spec it w/030 wheels or cf....my salesman will call MBUSA this wk to figure out if some work-around poss...prob know 3-4 guys in SF who would opt for '09 CL65 (rather than CL63 030) if it had 030 wheels...(I have zero tolerance for any dealer doing wheel swaps at any cost...too much risk to tires/wheels/brakes in process....dealers can barely figure out how not to rape the front bumper, as per markopolo's expce....simplicity and factory-specs/installation are highly preferred)

BTW, radar detectors are a funny, region-specific topic/issue....such an Eastern US fixation; my condolences to our Eastern pals, having served my time in NYC....can't think of any of my car nut pals on SF Peninsula who've ever bothered w/silly radar detectors.....and they have impeccable driving records....and seem to routinely "stress-test" tq of their AMGs more than anyone in world, aside from our German pals (perhaps more than our German pals, given CA lacks a gruesome winter, requiring those girlie winter tires/wheels and a negative risk adjustment to one's driving style)....
are you serious?

You dont think a dealer can perform a wheel swap effectively? Do you do your own servicing? I have to think a dealer can R/R twenty bolts without issue. Am I missing something?