w216 cl550 rear window help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-07-2017, 04:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 cl550
w216 cl550 rear window help

hi i just picked up a 2007 cl550
the rear windows won't work but i noticed the passenger side had a motor noise and comes out the string was broken. so i have it replaced with new regulator
i thought same issue for driver side so i removed and turns out it was not broken i plugged in new regulator nothing

and i tried testing power nothing is coming out of the driver side rear harnesss that plugs into the regulator what can it be?? anyone ?? please thanks help

the passenger side rear works now after i replaced the regulator

the driver side rear no power coming from harness ? i plugged my solus scanner can't find any codes regarding that.

someone please help!! when i use my driver side main switch to try to make rear window driver side nothing

i use the small switch on rear driver side nothing as well.
but all 3 other windows work

please someone help thanks!
Old 02-07-2017, 10:38 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2007 Mercedes Benz CL 550
Chances are the rear window control module is at fault. The control module is located on the right hand side at the bottom below the right rear window. That module controls both rear windows. Check out all your window fuses first. Unplug the connector that leads to the left side window. Now with a battery or jump box you can go straight to the 2 window motor wires and activate the window up and down by directly adding power. And reverse the polarity to go up or down. If that all works OK you know the motor and regulator are fine. Check all related fuses for the windows... all good....then I would replace the rear window control module. On the S class each rear door has its own door control module but on the CL class its just one module located on the passenger side. You can get one on eBay for around $125 used. Good luck with it!
Old 02-07-2017, 02:07 PM

2008 cl550
thank you!!!
Old 02-16-2017, 12:55 PM

CL550
I had this happened and brought it to the dealership. They did a system update and it corrected my problem. It cost me $125 and that covered the diagnostic and update.
Old 12-07-2017, 11:42 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
CL55
I have the same issue. Rear driver side worked fine, then just stopped working. Nothing else going on with the car recently. I pulled battery and reset procedures, no changes...window does not operate at all.

RXZOCO did the control box fix your issue????? I want to avoid dealership, unless there is a specific software update for this issue.

I checked fuse, pulling #80, 81, 82 on the passenger side, this disabled all windows so I know I have the correct fuse.
Are there any other fuses for the driver side rear window? I could not see any on the fuse diagrams.

thanks in advance for any tips

Last edited by Titan1969; 12-07-2017 at 12:54 PM.
Old 12-29-2017, 04:09 PM

CL550 W216 2008
I'm not sure how this can help, but there is a lot of stuff with those windows is being controlled from the computer. I had an issue after door replacement - window won't close without any visible reason. Finally was solved with re-calibration procedure using xentry. there is 2 Hall sensors and bunch of logic.
Do you have someone with xentry?
Old 01-01-2018, 07:09 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
w212 E63S wagon, w210 E350 wagon, and a variety of other interesting non-Mercedes cars
had the same issue. took it to the dealer and they found the rear controle module was faulty, along with the window regulator itself. however they could not get the two replacement parts to communicate. the car has been there for 6 weeks.....luckily i got the extended warranty on this car !
Old 08-08-2020, 12:39 PM

CL600 2007
Hello,

I wonder if you can help - I’m trying to find the rear window control module on my 2007 CL600 (W216), but I don’t seem to be able to find it. All diagrams I have seen suggest it’s in the boot (trunk), behind the carpet on the right wall,however, all I seem to be able to find is the keyless go module and the rear parking sensor module. I have purchased the module, but don’t know where to fit it. Am lost for ideas - can you shed some light on this?

thanks
Old 08-08-2020, 09:13 PM

Received 794 Likes on 617 Posts
CL
Originally Posted by Sandeep Parmar
Hello,

I wonder if you can help - I’m trying to find the rear window control module on my 2007 CL600 (W216), but I don’t seem to be able to find it. All diagrams I have seen suggest it’s in the boot (trunk), behind the carpet on the right wall,however, all I seem to be able to find is the keyless go module and the rear parking sensor module. I have purchased the module, but don’t know where to fit it. Am lost for ideas - can you shed some light on this?

thanks
rear passenger side seat
lift up the seat
module is where the seat belt starts
Old 08-09-2020, 02:38 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
CL55
Hello,

thanks
mine was located behind side panel next to rear passenger seat, below right rear quarter window. I tried to find a lower cost used unit when my window failed to operate however no luck due to so many different versions of the circuit board, so in the end I bought a new OEM from Mercedes and it fixed the issue.
The following users liked this post:
Sandeep Parmar (08-13-2020)
Old 08-09-2020, 04:03 PM

CL
Originally Posted by Titan1969
mine was located behind side panel next to rear passenger seat, below right rear quarter window. I tried to find a lower cost used unit when my window failed to operate however no luck due to so many different versions of the circuit board, so in the end I bought a new OEM from Mercedes and it fixed the issue.

That is exactly what I said as location
And its not about "versions of the circuit board"
Its about have Xentry DAS to variant code it once installed

You can not work properly on electronics with these cars without having a proper MB Xentry diagnostic system being able to code the modules
Just look up my profile, you'll find info

Old 08-13-2020, 03:32 PM

CL600 2007
Originally Posted by Titan1969
Thanks for this to all that have contributed. I was a little confused as I was looking on the left rear for this as I have RIght Hand Drive (UK).

Sorry for the next will question - how do I take off that panel without triggering the airbag or messing up anything else that is in there? I see the single nut that needs removing once the seat base has been lifted. How do I safely get the panel off?

Appreciate the help already provided!

Old 08-13-2020, 03:42 PM

CL
Thanks for this to all that have contributed. I was a little confused as I was looking on the left rear for this as I have RIght Hand Drive (UK).

Sorry for the next will question - how do I take off that panel without triggering the airbag or messing up anything else that is in there? I see the single nut that needs removing once the seat base has been lifted. How do I safely get the panel off?

Appreciate the help already provided!

Old 08-13-2020, 04:20 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,415 Likes on 3,145 Posts
'71 Pinto
FYI 216 & 221 power window in any door not functioning this may be due to a software error in the door control module. Check all door control modules and update using MB Diagnostics: Control units - Seats and doors - DCM-XX - Door control module - Control unit adaptations - Control module programming.

pmercury (08-16-2020)
Old 08-16-2020, 05:45 PM

CL600 2007
Module location and fitting

Hello,

just wanted to update on the issue.

I ended up buying a brand new module from Mercedes, which cost £238. However, they will refund me circa £35 if I return the old module. Given that it comes with a 2 year MB warranty, and used ones seem to be going for at least £130/£140 (sometimes more), I think it was the right option. Although, it’s a lot for a module that only operates windows, and should be a hell of a lot more reliable!

Anyway, there was debate about the location of the window module. The instructions for removing the rear side panel was priceless - really helpful, so thank you. I am attaching a picture of the module in situ with the side panel removed, so that it’s easier to know what to do.

Getting the side panel is by far the biggest hurdle to overcome. There is a nut behind the backrest of the seat (right up in the corner), which is difficult to get to. The instructions on removing the side panel don’t clearly point out that there is a bolt under the seat that holds the backrest of the seat in place. Removing this makes it easier to pull the seat forward a little in order to access the top nut.

Once you have taken the side panel off, the module is covered by a piece of polystyrene block, which just lifts out. The module is then held in by two 10mm bolts. You then simply need to remove all the electrical connections, and connect up the new one.
My W216 is a 2007, and therefore the module didn’t need any form of software update/“flash”. I believe that things could be different for later models, but I don’t know.

All working fine now - the rear window moves slightly up and down as it should when the door is opened, forming a good seal again when closed.

Old 08-16-2020, 06:04 PM

CL
Hello,
My W216 is a 2007, and therefore the module didn’t need any form of software update/“flash”.
not correct
only hooking up Xentry ( a recent one, not a vintage unless newer custom database is hooked up) will tell you you have the latest version
Old 08-16-2020, 06:46 PM

CL600 2007
Originally Posted by pmercury
not correct
only hooking up Xentry ( a recent one, not a vintage unless newer custom database is hooked up) will tell you you have the latest version
OK.

What I can state with complete certainty is that I didn’t need to get this hooked up to Star (or anything else) to get it to work. It was plug and play.

I can check the software version at some point, if this is of any help to anyone.
Old 08-16-2020, 07:09 PM

CL
OK.

What I can state with complete certainty is that I didn’t need to get this hooked up to Star (or anything else) to get it to work. It was plug and play.

I can check the software version at some point, if this is of any help to anyone.
ok

but don't worry, it will keep working
but keep in mind that if you have problems, and as stated above, to fix issues on this module, upgrading firmware needs Xentry
I say this just that in case it happens, you don't think you have latest firmware inside
might be, might not

well done !
Willie Bringier (02-20-2021)
Old 03-16-2021, 08:39 AM

2007 CL550.
Hi Sandeep,
Sorry for bringing up an old post, would you happen to know which connectors on the module feed the window motors?

Thank you
Frank
Old 05-20-2023, 06:18 AM

Received 280 Likes on 182 Posts
2008 CL550, 2022 EQB300, 2022 EQS580
I was just reading through threads regarding quarter windows, looking for some help. I've got my quarter window/side panel/seals taken apart. I was replacing the seals, and also putting in a new (used) window to fix some damage to the black trim strip on the front of the window. My problem is twofold...firstly, I've got a small leak where the front window seal meets the seal rail. Second problem is that I can't get it all knitted back together. The silver cover/end cap will not sit correctly, without me using force to screw in the 3 tiny screws. This is driving me crazy, as I've had it apart before on a scouting mission, and all went back together okay.

So, I'm wondering...would someone please post close up photos of the seal rail and front seal from the outside, side, and inside? If I had good reference photos, I may be able to tell what I'm doing wrong. Or, any helpful input will be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 06-02-2023, 12:43 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
CL500 C216
I have the same issue at the moment, driver side rear window doesn't move. Checked it with Xentry and it says the door module is ok. If i try to open the window with xentry, driverside isn't moving at all, otherside works perfect. I don't have error codes..
What do you guys think? Door motor?
Old 06-02-2023, 06:44 PM
SPONSOR

Received 777 Likes on 603 Posts
WWW.BENZNINJA.COM
I can fix that done tons
Old 06-03-2023, 02:23 AM

CL500 C216
How do you mean, i can fix that?
I just looked at your website, you think it is solved by recoding ? I have a full working Xentry with Vediamo and offline coding here....
What are the costs? I cannot find them at your website.

Last edited by Basso1001; 06-03-2023 at 02:28 AM.
Old 06-03-2023, 06:00 PM
SPONSOR

Received 777 Likes on 603 Posts
WWW.BENZNINJA.COM
Originally Posted by Basso1001
How do you mean, i can fix that?
I just looked at your website, you think it is solved by recoding ? I have a full working Xentry with Vediamo and offline coding here....
What are the costs? I cannot find them at your website.

I can repair your window not working yes
for non members (members all is free ) minimum charge 1 hour so $175
Old 06-04-2023, 03:29 AM

CL500 C216
I will contact you next thursday as i am away for work till then. What are the costs for the mebership? I will send you my email in a private message

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: w216 cl550 rear window help