CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

DVD Playback

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-03-2006, 03:08 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'06 CLS55 AMG
DVD Playback

Ok, so my daughter's been bugging me to try to playback Little Nemo in the car. I've never tried, so I thought what the heck. Popped in the DVD but the screen just says "picture dimmed so that driver is not distracted" or something to that effect. Is there a way to over-ride this and get a picture on the screen? Audio is fine. Looked in the owner's manual, but it isn't very clear.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 05-03-2006, 09:38 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nothing MB related (sorry)
US spec DVD comands for the W215 can't play movie DVDs. That is, no picture. Euro spec units can, BUT they don't support Sirius SAT radio...

greetingz,

BigSis
Old 05-03-2006, 12:34 PM

2003 CL500
do a search on the word 'dvd' in this forum. many websites, company names, and relevent tips. also, i highly recommend 'raging bull' for your kid's viewing pleasure.
Old 05-03-2006, 09:05 PM

'06 CLS55 AMG
*sigh* Ah well...should have assumed it wouldn't and couldn't be THAT easy! Shame though...

Thanks for the help folks.

ps. Phat, since kids are so "contemporary" nowadays and don't appreciate the classics, I was thinking more along the lines of Saw II or the recent version of Texas Chainsaw Massacre to mentally scar her for life.

...just kidding, I wouldn't do that!
Old 05-04-2006, 03:09 AM

2003 CL500
i was in the same predicament. i wanted to play dvd's on my comand unit but i didn't want to deal with running wires, install, etc. i just didn't want to re-live my college days of an audiophile, dumping money into my honda prelude. that is to say i didn't feel comfortable doing it to my CL. i am sad though because it would have been so nice to have that feature. oh well.
p.s. 'if you liked nemo, you'll love -Requiem for a Dream-, just kidding..um not for kids...not for kids.
Old 05-04-2006, 02:38 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Audi A5 Sportback + Cannondale Prophet
I have nothing to contribute to this thread, except to clarify that is either "Finding Nemo" or "The Little Mermaid"... I'm sure your daughter will appreciate you get it rigth.
Old 05-04-2006, 02:53 PM

2017 E400 CAB 2007 BMW 650i CONV
Originally Posted by BlackKompressor
*sigh* Ah well...should have assumed it wouldn't and couldn't be THAT easy! Shame though...

Thanks for the help folks.

ps. Phat, since kids are so "contemporary" nowadays and don't appreciate the classics, I was thinking more along the lines of Saw II or the recent version of Texas Chainsaw Massacre to mentally scar her for life.

...just kidding, I wouldn't do that!
I would recommend The Exorcist !! my daughter loves Hostel and Haute Tension ... LOL

mentally scar her just play BrokeBack Mountain !!!
Old 05-04-2006, 06:03 PM

'06 CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by Nola
I have nothing to contribute to this thread, except to clarify that is either "Finding Nemo" or "The Little Mermaid"... I'm sure your daughter will appreciate you get it rigth.
Yes, absolutely you're right. It is "Finding" Nemo, not "Little" Nemo!

Ah, I must be so "uncool" in her eyes I imagine by the time she's a teenager she'll be thinking of her old man.
Old 05-04-2006, 06:07 PM

'06 CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by phat-ho
i was in the same predicament. i wanted to play dvd's on my comand unit but i didn't want to deal with running wires, install, etc. i just didn't want to re-live my college days of an audiophile, dumping money into my honda prelude. that is to say i didn't feel comfortable doing it to my CL. i am sad though because it would have been so nice to have that feature. oh well.
p.s. 'if you liked nemo, you'll love -Requiem for a Dream-, just kidding..um not for kids...not for kids.
When I was a kid, I think about 7 years old, my parents took me to a strange movie called "Kentucky Fried Movie" (?) or something like that. After 10 minutes they marched me straight out! Bizarre movie.

Not sure what this has to do with anything...just a memory.
Old 05-04-2006, 06:10 PM

'06 CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by raycanales
I would recommend The Exorcist !! my daughter loves Hostel and Haute Tension ... LOL

mentally scar her just play BrokeBack Mountain !!!
Ah yes, the Exorcist. Now that movie totally freaked me out as kid. Still does to this day. One of the best horror movies EVER, IMO. My older sisters let me watch it to get a kick out of my reaction I think
Old 05-04-2006, 08:03 PM

2017 E400 CAB 2007 BMW 650i CONV
The Exorcist I think I was like 12 when I went with my mother to go see it. thats after I had read the book ... to this day it still hits the spot ... even though I have seen it 100000 times ...