CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

Cl Amg Or Cls Amg ??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-15-2007, 07:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Audi
Cl Amg Or Cls Amg ??

Simple and easy ... which is better CLS or CL ??
and why there is huge price difference between them ?
Old 09-15-2007, 08:48 PM

2005 Cl65 AMG, 2004 S500, 2005 CLK500, 2005 Ml350
???

asking which one is "better" isnt really a valid question. They are both great in their own ways. The Cl is more expensive because it is bigger and probably is marked up to make it an exclusive car. Why is the S class 30k more than the E class? When you ask which is better, we dont know if you mean performance, everyday use, or just as an all around car, so please elaborate.
Old 09-15-2007, 09:16 PM

CL and CLS .......the name sounds similar, but two VERY differnt cars.
Old 09-15-2007, 10:00 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2015 Mercedes-Benz CLS63 AMG S
Originally Posted by S.Ol
CL is the flagship Benz. Completely different suspension and ride. I almost got a CLS55 but after driving both the CLS and CL I went for a used CL. It is soooo comfortable. Just my opinion.
Old 09-15-2007, 10:01 PM

i drive an ///M6
...I owned a CL before my current bimmer (2000 CL500)... but IMHO nothing, and I mean nothing compares to the CL in terms of luxury, style, and just making you feel like a king. With that being said, it is not necessarily better than the CLS (or my 645 for that matter), but definitely in a class of its own. Where the CLS will make you feel like a hotshot, the CL will make you feel like you own a team of hotshots.

My $.02
Old 09-16-2007, 06:14 AM

2014 S63 AMG 4Matic
I am currently driving a E500 (2003) and have a CL 63 AMG (black + designo interior sand) on order which will be delivered early January.

The dealer gave a CL63 for a whole weekend and it was a fantastic experience.
Although the CL63 was equipped with 20" rims, the ride comfort was better than in my E500 with standard 17" rims. Put 18" rims on a CLS (technology of E-class) and the ride will definitely be firmer than in a CL63.

I refer to a quote by Deniska who apparently ownes both a CL 63 AMG and CLS 55 AMG:
Originally Posted by deniska
Even though the CL is equipped with factory 20" wheels it rides much softer and less stiffer then the CLS amg with the 19's. I would say the CLS is more sport oriented then the CL. However I prefer the ride of the CL, maybe because the car is a lot more heavier and larger then the cls. Overall the 63 engine is strong, even though it has not been pushed to full potential, but the kompressor engine has a much louder/sportier exhaust note in my opinion. If you want a sportier feel go for the CLS, the CL is a luxury cruiser with plenty of power

Bottomline: if you can afford it and don't really care about the 2 extra doors, go for the CL 63 AMG. If you need the extra doors, consider the S63 AMG.

I can not wait to get mine....
Old 09-16-2007, 11:08 AM

2003 CL55 Kompressor Horizon Blue Metallic
Originally Posted by S.Ol
The CL is a two-door S class, the CLS is built on the E class platform. Park a CL next to a CLS and you will realize that the CL is a very big two door.
Old 09-17-2007, 04:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
I've driven almost every Mercedes model (E500, CLS500, SL500 etc...), and I can tell you the CL-Class is very special. The CL is Mercedes' top-of-the-line coupe, so it always gets special treatments. The car provides a super luxurious ride with a rich feeling of high class and high quality. You just get that feeling of being king of the road.... It is very hard to describe, but definately attempt-able

Aside from the luxury and quality, the CL-Class also gets all the high-tech goodies and options before any other class. In addition, you also get an elevated status that comes inherently with the CL-Class.

The CLS on the other hand is an awsome compromise between luxury and performance. It has a fresh new look, very sporty, very aggressive, yet very classy. It provides some luxury, but has enough power to take down most sports cars when you need to

The decision is ultimately up to you. The two cars are different enough for you to make a distinct decision. Drive both cars at least 5 or 6 times (at different dealerships if you have to) and I'm sure you'll start leaning towards one or the other.

I don't know if I helped or made matters worse, but good luck on your decision....
Old 09-19-2007, 09:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63S coupe, X5M
Originally Posted by france2112
CL is the flagship Benz. Completely different suspension and ride. I almost got a CLS55 but after driving both the CLS and CL I went for a used CL. It is soooo comfortable. Just my opinion.
SL is the flagship benz