CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

I will sell my performance package wheels to the best offer....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 10:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I will sell my performance package wheels to the best offer....

Just wend me a PM with your offer and I will accept the best offer.

These wheels and tires have 20 miles on them and of course, are perfect.
Old 11-29-2007, 02:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55 ///AMG
Pics?
Old 11-30-2007, 01:12 AM

https://mbworld.org/forums/cl55-amg-cl65-amg-cl63-amg-c215-c216/215896-im-really-stating-like-performance-pkg-wheels.html
Old 12-11-2007, 01:16 PM

last chance to ****** these up from ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ksid=p3907.m32

12 hours left on the only set of these your'll ever see!

Wheels are brand spanking new and are boxed and reasy to ship out.

Turn your car into the $7,500 upgraded beast that is so desirable in this model design. You can't even order these wheels at all with a CL550. These will also fit the S class.

With out a doubt, the best looking 20" wheel you can put on your W216.

What ever you pay for these, less what you can get for your OEM wheels, net, your car will definately appreciate in value to the point you can recover every penny at the time of re-sale. You are in essence, getting these wheels for free at any price!
Old 12-12-2007, 01:11 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1953 Fiat Topolino
Really!

Barolo: Your statement to us re: "the only set of these your'll ever see!" Please! We have seen them before in Ebay and we will see them again - many times over. You are not the only CL63 performance pkg owner that will 'upgrade' to another set of wheels, no? The last set (see link) went for only $4000 a few months ago. I my humble opinion, we will see them for even less money soon. I do agree they are very attractive and very lightweight. So good luck in your auction today...but there is no need for hyperbole. Z356

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/AMG-2...spagenameZWDVW
Old 12-12-2007, 03:18 AM

why would you care how i word my ad?

when you run your ad, you word it exactly how you like...ok?

And by the way buffoon, that auction was a buy it now auction which is why they only sold for $4000, his asking price. Had he taken the time to run it as an auction, he would have gotten another $1000-1500 for them. So dont guess about whether you can get them cheaper in the future, you have no clue.

I've looked back at the history of your posts and you seem to attempt to be a wealth of information about a car you dont even own. How about a little less research and a little more ownership. Buy one any time soon and then I'll listen a bit more wholeheartedly to your commmentary. As of now, you arent even qualified to post these type of comments.

I, personally, would never, ever live my CL dreams vicariously through other forum members. You're probably the kind of guy thats thumbed through his CL brochure so many times you actually starting to feel as if you actually own one. You think your parents can arrange a test drive for you?

Last edited by Barolo CLS; 12-12-2007 at 04:36 PM.
Old 12-12-2007, 01:21 PM
ieb

CL63 030 Blk/Blk
You don't need a weather man To know which way the wind blows - Bob Dylan
Old 12-13-2007, 03:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1953 Fiat Topolino
Dear Barolo CLS...

I have had, up to now, nothing but a very positive experience with the members of this Forum. I came here to learn about the experiences and issues that concerned new CL & S class owners since I was about to purchase a similar Mercedes vehicle. I have been impressed with the cooperation, helpfulness and consideration of many of its members, including Konigstiger, WSH, Trumpet1, wwtell, Rsevinor, cjfMoraga, FloridaE55, Leto, diesel benz, Germancar1 & pmrogers, to name but a few. But you, Barolo CLS, are in a class all by yourself. Unfortunately, it is probably not the 'class' normally associated with Mercedes Benz CL or S owners, which on the whole, are a pretty refined & educated group. But you have a right to be here and state your views. And I hope, although your earlier post equivocates on the subject, you also would respect my right to participate in this forum with my own views.

Let me also remind you of the rules of this forum unambiguously state that: "You agree, through your use of the Discussion Forums, that advertising on MBWorld.org will only be permitted by officially recognized site sponsors and advertisers. Advertising includes, but is not limited to, direct and indirect solicitation of business in posts". Clearly what you tried to do in this post was direct solicitation. By your inopportune response, you have drawn attention to it and now, hopefully, the moderators that monitor this forum will be on the alert for further transgressions in your posts. You also recently posted that " few of us are working on a solution that will work on cars with sportspackages. For those tha [SIC] love the lines of the AMG OEM body but want a racier look at an affordible [SIC] price (no need for a full bodykit). I'll give you guys a sneek [SIC] preview of the fender to get some opinions." I sincerely hope, Barolo, that you are going to sign-up as a paid advertiser if you want to continue using this forum to peddle your parts to our membership. I would also remind you that there is a Classified section for use when you have legitimate items for sale, such as these lightweight AMG 20" wheels. But to continue using the regular discussion groups to hustle business should not be tolerated in this Forum. I hope that the paid advertisers that help support and make possible this forum (which must be expensive to keep & maintain) with their monetary contributions will hold you and/or the moderators accountable when you engage in these contraventions. Some of these advertisers represent Lorinser, Kleemann, Brabus & Carlsson, against whom you might be in direct competition with your new 'line' of products.

Finally, why did you go back approx. 12 hours after your original posting and edit the contents? I was hoping you would have left it with all of its hysterics intact to show your fellow Forum members what you really are all about. Thankfully, you left enough material in place so that I could come back today, after your editing period had expired, and review your permanent comments with our Forum members. What did I say in my post that would elicit a remark such as: 'you need to get a woman' ? Even you, after some cogitation, found this comment over-the-top and inappropriate.

All of us that participate in this fine Mercedes forum should pause & reflect when an incident like this takes place. Clearly, if this type of personal attack goes unchallenged and repeated, it will simply drive people like me away...permanently. And if this becomes commonplace, sooner or later others will also leave and stop participating. In the end, you will be left with ONLY the Barolos of this world to inhabit this formerly great Forum. Would Internet Brands or Simon Atik (MBWorld Founder & Administrator) care? I would think so. And if this were to happen, shame on them and shame on all of us for letting it fail. Z356.
Old 12-13-2007, 05:03 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Silver CLS550, Blk M45, Lexus GX470 & an endless fleet of Avis Premium Rental Cars
I can't believe you typed all of that

click on the "X" in the top right corner and forget about it. It aint that serious my man. If you do not want to buy them...... move on

Last edited by CakeDaddy; 12-13-2007 at 05:05 PM.
Old 12-13-2007, 06:36 PM
Almost a Member!

2003 S500
Originally Posted by Z356
I have had, up to now, nothing but a very positive experience with the members of this Forum. I came here to learn about the experiences and issues that concerned new CL & S class owners since I was about to purchase a similar Mercedes vehicle. I have been impressed with the cooperation, helpfulness and consideration of many of its members, including Konigstiger, WSH, Trumpet1, wwtell, Rsevinor, cjfMoraga, FloridaE55, Leto, diesel benz, Germancar1 & pmrogers, to name but a few. But you, Barolo CLS, are in a class all by yourself. Unfortunately, it is probably not the 'class' normally associated with Mercedes Benz CL or S owners, which on the whole, are a pretty refined & educated group. But you have a right to be here and state your views. And I hope, although your earlier post equivocates on the subject, you also would respect my right to participate in this forum with my own views.

Let me also remind you of the rules of this forum unambiguously state that: "You agree, through your use of the Discussion Forums, that advertising on MBWorld.org will only be permitted by officially recognized site sponsors and advertisers. Advertising includes, but is not limited to, direct and indirect solicitation of business in posts". Clearly what you tried to do in this post was direct solicitation. By your inopportune response, you have drawn attention to it and now, hopefully, the moderators that monitor this forum will be on the alert for further transgressions in your posts. You also recently posted that " few of us are working on a solution that will work on cars with sportspackages. For those tha [SIC] love the lines of the AMG OEM body but want a racier look at an affordible [SIC] price (no need for a full bodykit). I'll give you guys a sneek [SIC] preview of the fender to get some opinions." I sincerely hope, Barolo, that you are going to sign-up as a paid advertiser if you want to continue using this forum to peddle your parts to our membership. I would also remind you that there is a Classified section for use when you have legitimate items for sale, such as these lightweight AMG 20" wheels. But to continue using the regular discussion groups to hustle business should not be tolerated in this Forum. I hope that the paid advertisers that help support and make possible this forum (which must be expensive to keep & maintain) with their monetary contributions will hold you and/or the moderators accountable when you engage in these contraventions. Some of these advertisers represent Lorinser, Kleemann, Brabus & Carlsson, against whom you might be in direct competition with your new 'line' of products.

Finally, why did you go back approx. 12 hours after your original posting and edit the contents? I was hoping you would have left it with all of its hysterics intact to show your fellow Forum members what you really are all about. Thankfully, you left enough material in place so that I could come back today, after your editing period had expired, and review your permanent comments with our Forum members. What did I say in my post that would elicit a remark such as: 'you need to get a woman' ? Even you, after some cogitation, found this comment over-the-top and inappropriate.

All of us that participate in this fine Mercedes forum should pause & reflect when an incident like this takes place. Clearly, if this type of personal attack goes unchallenged and repeated, it will simply drive people like me away...permanently. And if this becomes commonplace, sooner or later others will also leave and stop participating. In the end, you will be left with ONLY the Barolos of this world to inhabit this formerly great Forum. Would Internet Brands or Simon Atik (MBWorld Founder & Administrator) care? I would think so. And if this were to happen, shame on them and shame on all of us for letting it fail. Z356.
WoW, i think you scared him, lol
Old 12-13-2007, 08:02 PM

What is wrong with him... Will someone pass this guy the Gray Poupon!

Originally Posted by Z356

"The Barolos of this world...."?

What i do to **** this character off?

I made a comment that the wheels in my ad were rare in my ad and that one may not get another opportunity to bid on another set anytime soon and this guy went to the extent to find the only other ad, post it, and insinuate that I was asking too much for my wheels when all I did was let the free market dictate their worth. I pointed to the ad here only so the guys on the forum that were interested wouldnt miss out and for this I get "contractual breach" language fired back at me...

Doesnt take much nowadays for the inner venom to surface.

How can you dislike a complete stranger?

I have absolutely no history with this fella and he takes the time to write a page long docudrama about guys like me that ruin it for everybody else....

Tell you what, I'm willing to take a vote as to who is more helpful to this forum, myslef who submits pics and posts of an actual CL63 owned by the author or yourself, who post facts gleaned from sales brochures.

We can submit a poll as to who the rest of the forum vibes with.

If they want me out, they wont have to ask twice, I dont get paid for any of this, I do it becasue of the fact that we share the same cars and at least the interest in the cars we've bought.

I dont know whats gotten into you but hey, I have a suggestion, just ignore my posts from this point forward and I'll do the same as far as yours...

Even if I ever feel the desire to obtain a leather wrapped OEM German wheel with stitching, I'll do my own research.

I dont think theres ever been a clearer situation where the phrase "get a life" apllies more appropriately...

STOP!

Last edited by Barolo CLS; 12-13-2007 at 11:00 PM.
Old 12-13-2007, 08:11 PM

none
Barolo, while you simply just statef the wheels are rare or whatnot, he too just simply stated they wern't as rare as you would like. You then took it personal and started attacking him with childish names and remarks. While I was first to say "it's his ad leave it alone", I do think you took it too far. Just a thought...

And just for future reference, owning your car doesn't make you smarter then him; no not even in relation to your car. While feedback from driving can only be aquired through actually driving the car; facts such as wheelbase length and number of seats in vehicle can be learned and shared without actually owning the car, accurately mind you.
Old 12-13-2007, 09:15 PM

Thumbs down I didnt ask him to leave

he opted out.

As far as his response to my ad...

he decided to make two desparaging remarks...

The wheels arent rare
the wheels are too much

and he took it upon himself to suggest that I "stop with the hyperbole."

That was my introduction to him. Not even a hello.

My harsh reaction is based on the fact that he clearly set the tone and drew a line in the sand for some unknown reason.

I know that you dont have to own a particular car to be knowledgable about it, let's use a service manager for instance but thats not the case here. The case is that as a non owner, he should post things that are relavent to his limited area of expertise. Not make guessed assumptions as to the value of my wheels when in fact his basis was one BIN auction that lasted a day. Neither he nor I are qualified at that point to make a statement as to what the value of my wheels are going to be UNTIL AFTER WE BOTH SEE WHAT THE FINAL PRICE BECAME. Nor how many more of the same auctions will soon come down the pike.

The clear statement he was trying to make was "forum, dont fall for his BS his wheels arent worth what he's asking nor as rare as he claims" There is no other point he could have been trying to convey. As for that intervention into my personal credibilty I stroke back.

I'm done with this topic and will close the thread if I can. This was not the point of this thread and I dont want to continue justifying my actions...feel free to post your thoughts but I, personally, am done with the topic. The wheels sold for what I am happy with and there are no more auctions with the same wheels so at this point, I havnt lied.

Last edited by Barolo CLS; 12-13-2007 at 11:03 PM.
Old 12-13-2007, 09:40 PM

2008 Dodge Charger R/T
WOW! I'll never get those five minutes back!
Old 12-13-2007, 10:42 PM

well damn...

I got 25 mins invested...and for...?

how about a change of topic...here is the new baby coupe...

oops hope i dont get admonished for posting in the wrong place.
Attached Thumbnails I will sell my performance package wheels to the best offer....-car_photo_231126_25.jpg  

Last edited by Barolo CLS; 12-13-2007 at 10:58 PM.
Old 12-14-2007, 12:26 AM

No longer car shopping...
Barolo - I also think it was you who went too far. At least you did go back and "clean it up" but his point was based on your ORIGINAL remarks, not the "sanitized" version so with you?

He's also right on the "self-promotion" aspect. There is a place for selling on the board and in the regular section ain't it. IMHO, were I a mod here, you would be on probation. So, my recommendation to you is that you be a bit more careful about what you do and what you post in here for a while.

Oh yea, you own him an apology. After that, I would think that we can all live in peace...

There's my 1 minute and 35 seconds of value this thread was worth...
Old 12-14-2007, 03:19 AM

I posted what I felt

If thats not good enough so be it

If you think i feel i owe him anything I cant help you. If I violated the rules and offended anyone by offering the wheels and making them available for sale then I'll appologize for that but it's funny that this post has been up since 11/29 two weeks and NO ONE complained.

Now that this guy made his tirade certain people seem to be offended.

As I recall a guy sold his lowering module on here without being a vender....remember?

I also remember recently a member selling a set of HRE's and another posting a link to an ebay CL that he thought was a good deal. There was yet another CL65 link that was posted and commented on with the low mileage. We all particiated in those exchanges and not a peep was mentioned.

Hell as slow as this site is sometimes, I look forward to new postings no matter what the subject matter. Certainly astute members that see deals out there and let us know about them are doing us favors, not bombarding us with self serving ads.

You know the spirit of the rules and know that I'm not on here to spam, I do ok at my day job. But if need be I'll refrain from anything that appears controversial becasue there seems to be a few issues brewing under the surface.
Old 12-14-2007, 11:00 AM
ieb

CL63 030 Blk/Blk
not quite done

I am relatively new to the forum and I look here for information and entertainment. The barolo has unintentionally set himself up for ridicule and the type of response that we have seen here. I have taken a much harder position against the mods so as to create some interest. In that regard I am as guilty as the barolo. Personally, I’d love to get a CL63 rear diffuser in black carbon.

I don’t think that the line was crossed. The barolo is an enthusiast and not a dealer or distributor. I think that it’s very entrepreneurial to try to sell a few left over parts here.

An unintentional consequence, The coining of a new term; ”barolo”.

barolo – “a pompous overbearing insecure windbag with way too much time on his hands that means no harm but still manages to irritate.” As in, He just pulled a real barolo.
Old 12-14-2007, 11:40 AM

No longer car shopping...
Originally Posted by Barolo CLS
If thats not good enough so be it. If you think i feel i owe him anything I cant help you....
His "opinion" that your wheels aren't really that rare was not a justification for THE WAY you responded (personal attacks). My personal feeling is that you should have apologized for the inappropriate behavior. However, some people simply cannot admit when they are wrong and rather than apologizing (maybe they are missing the humble gene As with Barolo here, they seem to think that simply editing out the comments is sufficient....Hmmm, I guess now we know why the world is in the state it is in today.

If I violated the rules and offended anyone...We all participated in those exchanges and not a peep was mentioned.
Whoa, hold up there fella. There are two separate and distinct issues here. One of where you were an overbearing pompass *** and another where you were hocking your wears. Don't put those two together, they are separate issues. Since I've already addressed the first, lets move on to the second, Selling your stuff..

I don't think any of us have ANY problem with you creating a second message in a forum to let us know that you are selling something in the Black Market section of this forum. As you stated and we are already more than aware, this is VERY common and is also quite acceptable. Even commenting that you "have the greatest product EVER" is acceptable (overbearing but tolerable)

Hell as slow as this site is sometimes, I look forward to new postings no matter what the subject matter. But if need be I'll refrain from anything that appears controversial because there seems to be a few issues brewing under the surface.
I too look forward to new posts so I can understand your comments here. Controversy is understandable but so should acknowledging when you are wrong (i.e. the unprovoked personal attacks). What does your "job" have to do with ANY of this?

I hope everyone here has a great holiday season.
Even you, Barolo.

Last edited by ndabunka; 12-14-2007 at 11:44 AM.
Old 12-14-2007, 12:44 PM

The spirit of the post

what i am not going to appologize for is placing an ad and wording it the way I so chose. It is getting twisted around as to my saying "I have the best wheels in the world for sale..." that is not the case.

If one put in an ebay ad, "cleanest CL63 around", he shouldnt be held to an appology if another one has a few less miles. He is merely saying, Hey my CL is as clean as you'd expect. Nothing more.

I chose to word my own ad the way I did because YES, the wheels are rare. I also said "You may never see onother set of these on ebay an time soon". I beleive that to be true, "may" and "anytime soon" being clear operative words. But even if it isnt, we can all agree that these cant be found every day. Look lets just call a spade a spade...If his motivation was to advise me on how to be a bit more forthcoming in my auction lingo, that could have been done in a PM with no potential adverse byproduct.

Again his only point in this entire dialog was to steer potential buyers away from considering a purchase. He even chose to include a link to a "buy it now" auction. Now lets say in the last day of auctioning, the bidding was up to $5,000 and one of the bidders listened to him and was confused into thinking that another set was bid up only to $4,000. He would rightfully stop any futher bidding. His post and comment "you can get them cheaper" could have actually hurt the bidding process. That alone, in my book denies him any appology as, again the entire point of his post in the first place was to sabotage my auction.

Now all you guys can explore the spirit of our posts and draw your own opinion.

I would never take the time to research a method to sabotage another fellow forum members attempt to make a sale then post it publically for him to have to defend. That is the work of someone that has malice in his heart and too much time on his hands. I lashed out because I am angry about it. yes I make no bones about it. I dont even know if I want an appology....How do you trust someone that would even consider these actions in the first place. And that what I meant by deep resentments under the surface.

So before anyone has an opinion on this matter....Take a look at what the spirit of the post was.

Mine...to sell some wheels, nothing more
His...to sabotage my auction, nothing more

You dont have to like my posts, you dont have to like my mods, you dont have to like my choices in color whatever but if you take the time to act in a fashion that is to cause a problem to another member for no other reason that pure entertainment, be prepared to be made aware of it.

Last edited by Barolo CLS; 12-14-2007 at 01:10 PM.
Old 12-14-2007, 01:25 PM

none
If thats not good enough so be it

If you think i feel i owe him anything I cant help you. If I violated the rules and offended anyone by offering the wheels and making them available for sale then I'll appologize for that but it's funny that this post has been up since 11/29 two weeks and NO ONE complained.

Now that this guy made his tirade certain people seem to be offended.

As I recall a guy sold his lowering module on here without being a vender....remember?

I also remember recently a member selling a set of HRE's and another posting a link to an ebay CL that he thought was a good deal. There was yet another CL65 link that was posted and commented on with the low mileage. We all particiated in those exchanges and not a peep was mentioned.

Hell as slow as this site is sometimes, I look forward to new postings no matter what the subject matter. Certainly astute members that see deals out there and let us know about them are doing us favors, not bombarding us with self serving ads.

You know the spirit of the rules and know that I'm not on here to spam, I do ok at my day job. But if need be I'll refrain from anything that appears controversial becasue there seems to be a few issues brewing under the surface.
Whether or not other people sold stuff here isn't quite the issue, that is more of a legality the way I see it. It's the way you responded to the original post just because it wasn't in your favor.

No disrespect to anyone here, but an apology would be in favour...
Old 12-14-2007, 01:33 PM

01 CLK 55 AMG
the wheels sold...is this bickering over now?!?!
Old 12-14-2007, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by Exodus
Whether or not other people sold stuff here isn't quite the issue, that is more of a legality the way I see it. It's the way you responded to the original post just because it wasn't in your favor.

No disrespect to anyone here, but an apology would be in favour...
sorry. We done?