CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

CL65 rotors.. where to get them?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 08:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
06 E55
CL65 rotors.. where to get them?

Hey guys

A buddy of mine is looking for CL65 rotors, the cheapest he found is $800 a peace, what do you think about it? Is it cheap enough or does anyone have a source to get those rotors cheaper

Thanks
Old 07-29-2009, 01:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
06 CLS55 w/ P030, 05 Jag S Type R, 05 TBird-68 Dodge Charger R/T-440 w/4speed I'm original owner
You have one of the finest cars made with a super hi performance braking system in a $200k package. Why do you want to put crap parts into a car like this especially if performance is a concern?

You can only get factory brembo brake rotors for the 65 from a MB dealer. All other sources are non-brembo and you are sacraficing the metalurgy integrity with 3rd party parts.

Highly recommending purchasing the factory brembo rotors. A good low dust high performance brake pads are EBC red stuff or Porterfield S4 which are a ceramic/kevlar compound.
Old 08-02-2009, 06:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
06 E55
Originally Posted by m_berman
You have one of the finest cars made with a super hi performance braking system in a $200k package. Why do you want to put crap parts into a car like this especially if performance is a concern?
I didn't say that He wants to put crappy parts on his car, just asked if there is a source a cheaper OEM stuff besides stealerships.
Old 08-03-2009, 02:14 PM
Super Moderator

Received 745 Likes on 726 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
what year is it?
Old 08-03-2009, 02:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
a g
Why bother getting the most expensive CL only to be cheap with the brakes, or even entertain the idea of being cheap?
Old 08-03-2009, 02:27 PM
Super Moderator

bone stock E55 AMG
Originally Posted by RedG
Why bother getting the most expensive CL only to be cheap with the brakes, or even entertain the idea of being cheap?
cheap - if u buy $100 rotor from ebay...
smart - if u shop around and find best deal on OEM rotor...
dumb - have dealer replace the rotors...
Old 08-03-2009, 03:02 PM

a g
Originally Posted by MJ50
cheap - if u buy $100 rotor from ebay...
smart - if u shop around and find best deal on OEM rotor...
dumb - have dealer replace the rotors...
Dumber - Price shopping brakes on a $200,000 car.
Old 08-03-2009, 03:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Dumber - Price shopping brakes on a $200,000 car.
Are you just dense or plain stupid? They're a myriad of OEM part sources on the Internet offering the exact same parts (65 AMG rotors in this case) for far less expense than Dealership RETAIL

Some of the wealthiest people I know spend their money wisely I.E. price shopping...

Last edited by Thericker; 08-03-2009 at 03:23 PM.
Old 08-03-2009, 04:24 PM
Super Moderator

bone stock E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Thericker
Are you just dense or plain stupid? They're a myriad of OEM part sources on the Internet offering the exact same parts (65 AMG rotors in this case) for far less expense than Dealership RETAIL

Some of the wealthiest people I know spend their money wisely I.E. price shopping...

some rich ppl are one of the cheapest ppl in the world...
Old 08-03-2009, 04:26 PM

a g

I'm not stupid, nor dense, and aim your buffoonery elsewhere in this case. If you want to price shop your brakes then by all means go for it, but don't discount the fact that it is a $200,000 automobile, its not a honda. Don't treat it as such.

I'm all for wise spending, just not when it comes to brakes. Btw, I'd like to see you (or anyone) find CL65 brake rotors for under $800 shipped on the internet, then find someone willing to install brake parts on a $200,000 that you didn't buy from them.
Old 08-03-2009, 04:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
WoW you are indeed...

I'm not stupid, nor dense, and aim your buffoonery elsewhere in this case. If you want to price shop your brakes then by all means go for it, but don't discount the fact that it is a $200,000 automobile, its not a honda. Don't treat it as such.

I'm all for wise spending, just not when it comes to brakes. Btw, I'd like to see you (or anyone) find CL65 brake rotors for under $800 shipped on the internet, then find someone willing to install brake parts on a $200,000 that you didn't buy from them.
Special I've taken multiple discounted OEM parts bought elsewhere to Dealership for install, & FYI Rainman $800 isn't Dealer list
Old 08-03-2009, 04:41 PM
Super Moderator

bone stock E55 AMG
Btw, I'd like to see you (or anyone) find CL65 brake rotors for under $800 shipped on the internet, then find someone willing to install brake parts on a $200,000 that you didn't buy from them.
list price is $985
online price is $738.75
Old 08-03-2009, 04:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
list price is $985
online price is $738.75
But...but.. it's a $200k CL65 you have to pay Dealer markup of $246.25 per side = $492.50 you guys are idiots skimpin' on Rotors, plus they wont install them
Old 08-03-2009, 05:22 PM
Super Moderator

bone stock E55 AMG
Old 08-03-2009, 06:58 PM

a g
Special I've taken multiple discounted OEM parts bought elsewhere to Dealership for install, & FYI Rainman $800 isn't Dealer list
list price is $985
online price is $738.75
For giggles, source?

But...but.. it's a $200k CL65 you have to pay Dealer markup of $246.25 per side = $492.50 you guys are idiots skimpin' on Rotors, plus they wont install them
Don't really care how much you get off on it, nor what you think of my opinions and choices. You started the name calling and buffoonery, so go aim that garbage elsewhere please.
Old 08-03-2009, 07:04 PM
Super Moderator

bone stock E55 AMG
For giggles, source?
STFF

Don't really care how much you get off on it, nor what you think of my opinions and choices. You started the name calling and buffoonery, so go aim that garbage elsewhere please.
well, u pretty much started by calling majority of 65 owners in the forums "dumber" as many of them buy online and DIY or take it shop/dealer they trust...
Old 08-03-2009, 07:07 PM
Super Moderator

Received 58 Likes on 16 Posts
2019 GT3 RS, 2017 M3 30 Jahre

what's wrong with price shopping? there's a reason that some people were able to afford a $200k car. what do you drive?

I can find a myriad of quality, competent shops that deal in high end cars that will install simple rotors on ANY car, even if they didn't buy the car or parts from them. I bet for no more than $150 too.

plus, many of the people that have CL65's now purchased their cars used after the price had tanked--I wouldn't exactly put them in the $200k owners club.
Old 08-03-2009, 07:25 PM

a g
STFF
Gotcha.

well, u pretty much started by calling majority of 65 owners in the forums "dumber" as many of them buy online and DIY or take it shop/dealer they trust...
Disingenuous on your part, I asked a rather direct question...Why buy a high end automobile than price shop its maintenance? Even if you could find it for cheaper online, what about shipping, installation, and warranty? No dealer would warranty product not purchased from them, even if they are OEM parts.

Originally Posted by nlpamg
what's wrong with price shopping? there's a reason that some people were able to afford a $200k car. what do you drive?
Not sure why what I drive matters in this case. But I buy what I want for my rides because of the quality of customer service I receive, not because of the price. I want to know the service is done responsibly and correctly. I'll price shop my refrigerator or television.

I can find a myriad of quality, competent shops that deal in high end cars that will install simple rotors on ANY car, even if they didn't buy the car or parts from them. I bet for no more than $150 too.
Good for you, really seriously. But good luck getting them to warranty any of it.

plus, many of the people that have CL65's now purchased their cars used after the price had tanked--I wouldn't exactly put them in the $200k owners club.
That may be, but there is still expendable income for someone who can afford even a used CL65.
Old 08-03-2009, 07:32 PM
Super Moderator

bone stock E55 AMG
Even if you could find it for cheaper online, what about shipping, installation, and warranty? No dealer would warranty product not purchased from them, even if they are OEM parts.
this is completely false...
Old 08-03-2009, 07:34 PM
Super Moderator

Gotcha.

Disingenuous on your part, I asked a rather direct question...Why buy a high end automobile than price shop its maintenance? Even if you could find it for cheaper online, what about shipping, installation, and warranty? No dealer would warranty product not purchased from them, even if they are OEM parts.

Not sure why what I drive matters in this case. But I buy what I want for my rides because of the quality of customer service I receive, not because of the price. I want to know the service is done responsibly and correctly. I'll price shop my refrigerator or television.

Good for you, really seriously. But good luck getting them to warranty any of it.

That may be, but there is still expendable income for someone who can afford even a used CL65.
are you that dense?

the reason why I asked what you drive is because it seems to me that you have no idea about high end cars. you come off as a just a dreamer that lives in the boonies that probably drives a rust bucket and that in turn makes you think that some sort of reverence should be placed on a the buyer of a pre-owned CL65 or on a pre-owned CL65.

it also seems that you really don't know much about cars as well. do you know how easy it is to swap out rotors? if you have the tools, it's a very easy job that doesn't take someone very skilled. if the rotors were ceramic, then I'd agree with you, but steel rotors require minimal skill and tools.

with regards to warranty, they're brakes, MB warranty doesn't cover brakes and if you're worried about some sort of catastrophic failure, you should remove your tin-foil hat. also, most people would rather trust a competent shop than most MB dealerships.
Old 08-03-2009, 07:48 PM

a g
this is completely false...
No, actually it isn't. I don't know a single shop in all the states I've lived and worked in that would warranty anything (especially brake rotors) not purchased their. And I mean the independents, not the dealerships.

are you that dense?

the reason why I asked what you drive is because it seems to me that you have no idea about high end cars. you come off as a just a dreamer that probably drives a hoopty and that in turn makes you think that some sort of reverence should be placed on a the buyer of a pre-owned CL65 or on a pre-owned CL65.
Right, I guess you know me pretty well.

it also seems that you really don't know much about cars as well. do you know how easy it is to swap out rotors? if you have the tools, it's a very easy job that doesn't take someone very skilled. if the rotors were ceramic, then I'd agree with you, but steel rotors require minimal skill.

with regards to warranty, they're brakes, MB warranty doesn't cover brakes and if you're worried about some sort of catastrophic failure, you should remove your tin-foil hat.
No tin foil hat here...

Actually I know quite a bit about automobiles in general. I'm perfectly competent to remove, replace, service just about anything on a car. Aside from your completely baseless assertions that I don't know anything about cars.

I'm not worried about some sort of catastrophic failure, how you maintain your car really doesn't matter to me. Go right ahead and be a meticulous price shopper, take 3 weeks to think about trying to save a few hundred dollars over the safety of yourself or your loved ones on your brakes.
Old 08-03-2009, 07:51 PM
Super Moderator

bone stock E55 AMG
I'm not worried about some sort of catastrophic failure, how you maintain your car really doesn't matter to me. Go right ahead and be a meticulous price shopper, take 3 weeks to think about trying to save a few hundred dollars over the safety of yourself or your loved ones on your brakes.
i get it know... u must work at stealership...
Old 08-03-2009, 07:57 PM
Super Moderator

he probably does. he sounds like one of those service writers that knows JACK about cars or he could be a valet.

RedG probably stands for Red Galant (Mitsubishi). although he probably would like us to believe that he has a Red G-Class.
Old 08-03-2009, 08:00 PM

a g
Nope.

he probably does. he sounds like one of those service writers that doesn't know JACK about cars.

RedG probably stands for Red Galant. although he probably would like us to believe that he has a Red G-Class.
No, I don't drive a G-class. No reason for me to misrepresent myself in anyway. I know plenty about cars, I don't need to defend myself to you, nor anyone else here. So how about you get off of it, and move on down the road.

I'll maintain my cars how I wish, and you can maintain yours how you wish, that's that.
Old 08-03-2009, 08:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 A4 S Line
RedG(alant) FTL.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: CL65 rotors.. where to get them?