CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

After Market Warranty for 02 Cl55 AMG w/ 70,400mi? Help!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-09-2010, 03:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cl55 amg
After Market Warranty for 02 Cl55 AMG w/ 70,400mi? Help!!!!

All,

Does anyone know where i can find a warranty for my 02 cl55 amg? Will it be pricey?

Michael Case over at Chrysler told me I am one year out, so he can't sell me one.

Mercedes Benz of Buckhead quoted me $4300 for 24 month thru Easy Care and would have to pay that up front.

Mercury Insurance does not cover hydraulic components and suspension valves.

Warranty Elite will sell me one, but also told me there is no warranty that will cover bumper to bumper.

I have 70,400 miles on vehicle.

I was also told by a Mercedes salesperson that suspension valves on the CLs can run upwards of 5K-6K to repair! Is that true!

I never owned one of these things, so I need lots of advice. One of you in this Forum did educate me some on ABC system. I have to remember tandem pump and ABC resovoir.

Anyone know of a really good independent mechanic in Atlanta,GA that knows AMGs? And that won't break the bank?

Need to hear from somebody out there!
Old 04-09-2010, 03:41 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Originally Posted by Campbell Family
All,

Does anyone know where i can find a warranty for my 02 cl55 amg? Will it be pricey?

Michael Case over at Chrysler told me I am one year out, so he can't sell me one.

Mercedes Benz of Buckhead quoted me $4300 for 24 month thru Easy Care and would have to pay that up front.

Mercury Insurance does not cover hydraulic components and suspension valves.

Warranty Elite will sell me one, but also told me there is no warranty that will cover bumper to bumper.

I have 70,400 miles on vehicle.

I was also told by a Mercedes salesperson that suspension valves on the CLs can run upwards of 5K-6K to repair! Is that true!

I never owned one of these things, so I need lots of advice. One of you in this Forum did educate me some on ABC system. I have to remember tandem pump and ABC resovoir.

Anyone know of a really good independent mechanic in Atlanta,GA that knows AMGs? And that won't break the bank?

Need to hear from somebody out there!
Let me get a vin# and I will get a quote for you on one.
Old 04-09-2010, 04:36 PM

cl55 amg
vin# WDBPJ73J72A05076. Let's hope its a really good deal!

Anyone can chime in on the other questions I asked in previous message.
Old 04-10-2010, 10:33 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

vin# WDBPJ73J72A05076. Let's hope its a really good deal!

Anyone can chime in on the other questions I asked in previous message.
Your vin number is one number too short.
Old 04-10-2010, 10:50 AM

cl55 amg
WDBPJ73J72A025076. here you go. Thank you.
Old 04-10-2010, 11:19 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

I will give you quotes for 2 year warranties and 3 year warranties. The first one is the deluxe warranty which is the best warranty available for your car with that mileage and for 2 years it is $4850 and 3 years is $5975.00. For the enhanced coverage which is a warranty that covers complete drivetrain which is what the Easy care warranty is would be $4250.00 for the 2 year warranty and $4950 for the three year warranty.

I only sell this warranty because, as a shop owner, they pay. They pay our full labor rate, they allow us to buy brand new parts from the dealer, they don't deny claims on borderline repairs, they don't limit the amount of the claim, they pay sales tax, they pay for rental car and towing, they cover suspension. The things they don't cover are belts, hoses, sensors, exhaust, brakes (pads and rotors).

As a shop owner I hate aftermarket warranties and I cringe everytime a customer has one and thinks that the warranty company is going to pay for the repair. 99% of the time the warranty companies will not pay, no matter what they tell you on the phone there is so much fine print that makes them not liable it is ridiculous. Most warranty companys limit the amount they will pay for any repair and I have seen where they limit the amount of total coverage for the contract and often times itis only a few dollars higher than the actual contract was for.

Buyer beware when you buy these warranties. This is one of those items that you get what you pay for. Most of the warranties that I hear about people talking on the forums do not pay for a lot of the repairs that we do at our shop. If you have any questions please feel free to give me a call.

Thanks-
Old 04-10-2010, 11:59 AM

cl55 amg
Ok. I appreciate this feedback. This is the kind of stuff i need to hear. What is the best number to reach you and what is your name?
Old 04-10-2010, 01:04 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Ok. I appreciate this feedback. This is the kind of stuff i need to hear. What is the best number to reach you and what is your name?
My name is Craig and you can reach me at (516) 870-0351.
Old 04-14-2010, 02:30 PM

E 350
Try pricing the Easycare Warranty over at MB in Duluth " Atlanta Classic Cars". That is where I bought mine for my CL...