CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

Jerry @ Eurocharged really messed up!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-25-2011, 10:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
GL450
Jerry @ Eurocharged really messed up!

Jerry at Eurocharged really messed up. They offered discount pricing for the V12 tune, and posted about it on the SL and S forums:
https://mbworld.org/forums/sl55-amg-...-aug-31st.html
https://mbworld.org/forums/s55-amg-s...-aug-31st.html
But forgot to post about it on the CL forum. Hello, we have a V12, too! Totally inexcusable.

Fortunately, one email to Jerry and he offered to honor the rate a few days late, since I had just noticed the deal. A couple days later, and I was plugging the EuroTuner into my car with the map that Jerry had just emailed me.

First, it's worth noting what a great job Mercedes did on the stock 600. You know the beginning sequence of Quantum of Solace? That's what a V12 wants to do. And yet, the 600 is totally civilized. I rolled the throttle to the floor on an on-ramp with my grandmother in the car, and all she said was "whoa, don't get a ticket." No panic, just a sense of quiet, smooth, rapid acceleration.

With the tune, that is transformed. The car is still completely drivable in a civilized manner: just keep the throttle under 50%. But whereas the stock tune would keep the car civilized (quiet and smooth), even at WOT, the tuned car turns into a banshee. The traction control can't cut power fast enough, so the tires will spin even with it on. The car accelerates violently, as if it's angry. Lift throttle on the stock tune is quiet and smooth. With the Eurocharged tune, you can hear the blow-off valve fire and feel the sudden engine braking. If you've driven a high power turbo car before, this tune transforms the 600 into exactly that. Before, it is a country-club worthy ride, even with your foot on the floor and accelerating rapidly. After, it is a country-club ride up to half throttle, and then a viciously fast, super-car devouring, snarling and barking machine.

Thanks to Jerry and Adam. You guys do great work.
Old 09-25-2011, 11:29 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2003 CL600 2005 745Li
Sounds great, did you get the TCU tune also? If yes can you tell, if no why not ?

Thanks

Old 09-25-2011, 03:46 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
CL65
cant say anything bad about eurocharged. tony came out to vegas and did a dyno tune on my 65 and picked up alot of hp and a ton of tq over my brand x stage 1 tune. great price too
Old 09-25-2011, 04:56 PM
NRL

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CL65, FJ80, Sportsmobile 4x4, Model X Plaid
Nice
Did you get the block tuner (that box that let's you switch which map)? Or had it done onsite? Or get that computer that he sends ahead, not sure if he still does that since the block tuner came out. I think there is a valet option possible with the block tuner.

I saw that deal.. I would have jumped on it for the CL65.. But he mentioned about the bigger better HE (heat exchanger) which made me think about it..

I might just get the block tuner and then put the HE in later, anyone recommend otherwise?
Old 09-26-2011, 09:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GL450
I did not get the TCU tune. I don't think it's a good idea (from any vendor, not just Eurocharged). First, they increase shift speed. That's going to result in rough shifts and more wear. Second, they change the torque limits. That's great if you reinforce the transmission, but otherwise it's begging to break it. The limits are there for a reason.

I used the EuroTuner (block tuner). It sucks. The software is terrible. It is nowhere near as useful as something like the Cobb AccessPort. Unfortunately, the Mercedes ECU is a pain to tune. The tuner is actually made by a company in Germany, not Eurocharged, and my guess is that all of the Mercedes tuners on the market are from this company. In theory you could have a valet tune, but it would require having a Windows laptop with internet access and 15 minutes to flash it.

The tuner is nice because it avoids having to mail the ECU, which was the big hurdle for me to get tuned. But it's really something you only use once or twice, not something you would want to use constantly.

The 65 already has a bigger HE than the 55/600. But with the amount of heat these make, the bigger you can go the better. Eurocharged generally retunes for free, so you could tune now, install the HE, and then get a new tune emailed to you to flash later.
Old 09-26-2011, 10:25 AM

2003 CL600 2005 745Li
Originally Posted by saintz
I did not get the TCU tune. I don't think it's a good idea (from any vendor, not just Eurocharged). First, they increase shift speed. That's going to result in rough shifts and more wear. Second, they change the torque limits. That's great if you reinforce the transmission, but otherwise it's begging to break it. The limits are there for a reason.

I used the EuroTuner (block tuner). It sucks. The software is terrible. It is nowhere near as useful as something like the Cobb AccessPort. Unfortunately, the Mercedes ECU is a pain to tune. The tuner is actually made by a company in Germany, not Eurocharged, and my guess is that all of the Mercedes tuners on the market are from this company. In theory you could have a valet tune, but it would require having a Windows laptop with internet access and 15 minutes to flash it.

The tuner is nice because it avoids having to mail the ECU, which was the big hurdle for me to get tuned. But it's really something you only use once or twice, not something you would want to use constantly.

The 65 already has a bigger HE than the 55/600. But with the amount of heat these make, the bigger you can go the better. Eurocharged generally retunes for free, so you could tune now, install the HE, and then get a new tune emailed to you to flash later.
I have been told that the TCU tune makes the biggest difference for us 600 guys, as the 65 guys already have most of what we could get build in. I have also been told that these tranys are built to last and are not the weak link.

I'm confused you love the Eurocharged tune but you dislike the EuroTuner (block tuner) and its software is terrible.

Old 09-26-2011, 10:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GL450
I would be curious to hear from someone with the TCU tune. The V12 has so much torque, the gearing (and shift algorithms) seems less important. And while the transmission is stout, it appears to be rated for 900 newton meters (664 lbs ft.). The tuned 600 puts out more than that. I assume the torque limits are there for a reason, and removing them sounds like a bad idea.

The tune from Eurocharged is great. The block tuner is made by another company, and is basically just a means to get the tune installed without shipping the ECU. It is not useful for on the fly mapping, such as a valet or race mode. It's only real benefit is not removing and mailing the ECU.
Old 09-27-2011, 09:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
86 190E 2.3-16v, 92 500E, 03 CL55 AMG, 08 E3504M Brabus
how many miles you got on that thing?
Old 09-27-2011, 02:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Aston Martin V8 Vantage
What a crappy title. You know this thread is going to pop up when people google jerry and his company? I'd pm a moderator and get the title changed.
Old 11-23-2011, 08:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GL450
I'm just over 100k miles.

The title is on purpose. Anyone that reads it will quickly see that I am a very happy customer. No one could in any way use that negatively against Jerry or his company.
Old 11-23-2011, 10:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GL450
Also, they appear to have messed up again. They are offering black friday pricing but are not advertising it much. If you are looking to make your 55, 600, or 65 faster, now is the time to give them a call.
Old 11-23-2011, 05:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Euro Cars Only
You could have chosen a better title you fruit!!
What michael kuzni said is very true about the google search. If you're satisfied with the results, you should change the title ASAP and think twice, maybe trice before you start your next thread and post such a retarded title.
I'd be pissed if I were Jerry!!
Old 11-23-2011, 07:37 PM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
Originally Posted by elijah
You could have chosen a better title you fruit!!
What michael kuzni said is very true about the google search. If you're satisfied with the results, you should change the title ASAP and think twice, maybe trice before you start your next thread and post such a retarded title.
I'd be pissed if I were Jerry!!
no worries....and nice watches....I have the same taste...but added the Hublot Big Black instead of the pam in my collection...

Old 11-23-2011, 07:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK55
Eurocharged ftw
Old 11-24-2011, 09:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Euro Cars Only
Originally Posted by loungn14
no worries....and nice watches....I have the same taste...but added the Hublot Big Black instead of the pam in my collection...

Very nice sir

Hublot Big Bang is next on my list