CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

new 2004 cl 600 renntech owner

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-27-2011, 08:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c300
new 2004 cl 600 renntech owner

Hello all. Initially I would like to thank the forum community at large, in this my first post, for extremely useful information, with the occasional opinions thrown in. The various views & info have helped me to make what I belive was my best choice.

I have been researching this forum for a couple of months now in what was originally a research quest for a cl 55. Ultimately after driving several, I found a cl600 with the renntech ecu & tcu upgrade to 625 HP & 745ft/lbs torque. I got a mint condition example with 63K on the clock for $28,500. Best of all is that the ABC was completely redone at a cost of over 6K. The car is black with the AMG sport package and with every option except for the distronic.

WOW. I have had the pleasure of some very fast cars. Hopped of Vettes from varius eras & and a warmed over 2002 911 to cite a few recent examples. The thing about this car is the ease with which it accelerates. I suspect I will never reach the limits of this car. THe torque is endless and as has been well documented in these pages the effortless acceleration as contrasted with the 55. I guess at 45, I'm finally appreciating the more luxury end of things as compared with the AMG.

It is hard to appreciate that I really dont need any performance mods, save for maybe a limited slip differential, since by the numbers, this car should run high 11s, although I havent run it yet.

Thanks again to all
Old 11-27-2011, 10:22 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2003 CL600 2005 745Li
Congrats and welcome to the fold. Update your info so we know where you are located and post up some pix of you new ride.

Are you planing any mods at all?

Lowering, wheels, sticky rear tires, cooling mods ?

These are great cars !
Old 11-27-2011, 10:51 AM

c300
Thanks will get some pics up. Right now just gonna finish off the interior with a set of matts & maybe a carbon fiber mask. Performance wise the car is totally dialed in with brand new nittos all around. Maybe a lowering module or rear diff down the road. As far as exhaust, I dont see going there. The car is whisper quite, locking it up as the ultimate sleeper. What? for 15 horsepower on a 600HP car, its not necessary, but I know the exhaust debate is very subjective. I've done that for years & ready to go quitely for now.
Old 11-27-2011, 11:01 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2003 CL600 2005 745Li
Originally Posted by Rpfesq
Thanks will get some pics up. Right now just gonna finish off the interior with a set of matts & maybe a carbon fiber mask. Performance wise the car is totally dialed in with brand new nittos all around. Maybe a lowering module or rear diff down the road. As far as exhaust, I dont see going there. The car is whisper quite, locking it up as the ultimate sleeper. What? for 15 horsepower on a 600HP car, its not necessary, but I know the exhaust debate is very subjective. I've done that for years & ready to go quitely for now.
If you want to keep your power and not heat soak, you should do some cooling mods, maybe start with a 2ndary HE. Take a look here https://mbworld.org/forums/m275-v12-...own-v12tt.html

For exhaust if you like it quite keep it stock, want a bit of a growl do a muffler delete, what more power remove or put high flow cats. See here https://mbworld.org/forums/m275-v12-...ification.html

Lots to learn no this site as you know.

Old 11-27-2011, 11:36 AM

c300
Good suggestions with the cooling mods & for the weight savings the muffler delete. The renntech intercooler upgrade is like 4 grand. Anyone know of a cheeper way around this issue. Also what performance gains are to be expected from the cooling mods. Otherwise just accents for know, maybe bluetooth update a little challenge on the 04 & stuff like that for know.