CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

2005 CL65 Satellite Radio Add-On

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-03-2014, 11:38 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 Mercedes CL65
2005 CL65 Satellite Radio Add-On

Hey all,

I was thinking of picking up a used Sat radio module for my CL, but was curious if anyone else has ever done this?

Ideally I'd like to upgrade the entire thing, but if I end up stuck with the stock system, I thought this would be a nice idea.

I was just wondering if installing it was straight forward or a pain and not worth the effort.

Thanks!
Old 02-10-2014, 12:22 AM

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Buick T-Type, 70 cuda, S65 and a very FAST Truck!
I did the same thing to my 2006 S65. You can definitly add the SIRI reciever, just check the classifieds and ebay. Several different part numbers will work just do some searches on here. There are two different antenna configurations wired in the car. A two plug and a single plug. My car had the dual plug but I used a single plug reciever. I only used one input and it works great. Once installed you will get the ESN number on your Command screen and then you need to call Sirius and activate it.

You will need to make sure the wiring is already in your car, if not, it is much more difficult, but still possible.
Old 03-20-2014, 07:15 AM

2005 Mercedes CL65
Thanks for the reply... My apologies on the delay.

I've got a friend who will be looking to make sure all I need is the module and antenna. It would be nice to have it all run through the OEM system.
Old 03-20-2014, 10:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 SL 500
Originally Posted by CobraCommander
Thanks for the reply... My apologies on the delay.

I've got a friend who will be looking to make sure all I need is the module and antenna. It would be nice to have it all run through the OEM system.
I've been having a hard time installing the factory sat receiever in my 2005 SL 500. Thwere are very limited instructions. I found the corerect module on eBay and the plugs match but there is no fiber connection. There is a post about this eslsewhere in this forum and they indicated you need access to the Nav unit to tie in the fiber. I have that I can get to everything but there is a single fiber that goes to the nave and does not fit the sat. I've found some hints I need a fiber adapter tie the nav and sat together to make it all work but can't find anything about that. Does anyone have any information?
Thanks
Old 03-22-2014, 06:05 AM

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Buick T-Type, 70 cuda, S65 and a very FAST Truck!
The orange fibre network goes in a ring, from on box to the next to the next. There is some good information located here,

http://www.mercedestechstore.com/pdfs/
Old 03-23-2014, 03:20 PM

2005 SL 500
Originally Posted by Flight Test
The orange fibre network goes in a ring, from on box to the next to the next. There is some good information located here,

http://www.mercedestechstore.com/pdfs/
Thanks I'll give it a try, so far I can't find the loop
Old 08-30-2014, 01:56 PM

2005 Mercedes CL65
Since I started this thread, I've found so many modules for sale that SHOULD work, but I'd hate to make a $130-$350 mistake. I've been searching for the actual part number specifically for the 2005-2006 CL65.

I don't want to come off lazy like I've not tried to do the homework, but just more paranoid that either perhaps someone posted incorrect information or just the source is incorrect.

I believe the Sirius module part number is: 1698270162

However, I've also seen it begin with an "A" and seen it listed for several different Mercedes models which makes sense, but then again I've read where there may be a special requirement for the fiber connections as someone mentioned earlier.

Here are my questions - Any help is greatly appreciated

• Is there someone here that may know all of the parts to make this work? Cables, antennas, etc. or can point me in the direction of a definitive source for looking it up?
  • For anyone who has done this upgrade, does the head unit need to be removed and a cable run to it or is there a pre-installed connection location or junction?
  • Should I be concerned about any security on the Sirius unit such as VIN locking or otherwise? (One site issued a warning on this, but it might have been generalized for all radio components.)

Thanks in advance!!!
Old 09-16-2014, 11:40 AM

'03 CL55 AMG
HERE'S How mine turned out. My car is an '03, so I didn't have the options you have.
Old 11-15-2016, 05:04 PM

CL65 AMG, CLK55 AMG, CLA45 AMG, 560SL, S550
Hello everyone. The correct MB part number for the Sirius Satellite Radio Receiver designed for use with the 2005 CL 65 AMG is 2208201797. Some people put an "A" in front of the number. It was made by Delphi, licensed to Sirius and sold to MB, and is no longer available for purchase by MB. You can find them online by searching ebay for "2208201797 mercedes". I confirmed that this is the correct part number for the 2005 CL65 AMG with the MB parts department at my dealership.
Old 11-16-2016, 04:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts
CL65
Originally Posted by justinanderson
Hello everyone. The correct MB part number for the Sirius Satellite Radio Receiver designed for use with the 2005 CL 65 AMG is 2208201797. Some people put an "A" in front of the number. It was made by Delphi, licensed to Sirius and sold to MB, and is no longer available for purchase by MB. You can find them online by searching ebay for "2208201797 mercedes". I confirmed that this is the correct part number for the 2005 CL65 AMG with the MB parts department at my dealership.
So is it plug and play or are other parts required? Have you done this with success? I thought of going that route but wasn't sure if any other components were needed.
Old 08-19-2019, 01:45 PM

2005 Mercedes CL65
I wanted to thank everyone in this thread and others for all the contributions on this topic. It's funny how many others wanted to do the same things and I do kick myself for not searching just a bit harder last time.

Anyway, I have the Sirius module in-hand and jumped on it because it included the adapter taking the SAT and TER lines (Satellite and Terrestrial) into one line. I don't think I need this for my 2005 CL65 since I have the pre-wired leads for both.
I just figured whomever had this before knew what they were doing and it was more likely the unit actually worked. LOL.

The only question I have is whether I should dig deeper for an unused MOST connector or try to buy one to add to the chain. I read all the posts, downloaded the PDFs, etc. There isn't one for the CL Class, so that's why I'm here.
I have a great Merchanic locally, but I'd like to save him a headache of tracking down parts if I can.

Does anyone know for certain whether there is an unused plug dangling somewhere to connect the fiber to the unit. The port has the dual fiber, but also four small pins.

I would have taken out the entire stack of the changer/nav, but it seems to be riveted to the wheel well. All posts to date seem to suggest that I need a MOST connector, but of all the posts I've seen, none have the four small pins as part of the connector.

There are entire harnesses on Ebay that I can see plain as day which include this, but I can't tell if I spend the 200+ dollars for the whole mess whether or not I can separate that piece at one of the junctions. If that makes sense.
Also, does anyone have the CL class part number for the mounting bracket? I'd rather not ghetto the install with zip ties. LOL.

Thanks everyone!