CLA 45 AMG (C118) 2019 to Present

Question about Race Mode?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-03-2021, 06:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2020 CLA 45 AMG 4MATIC+
Question Question about Race Mode?

We recently got a 2020 CLA 45 AMG with the 4MATIC+. Is the race driving mode not available until the car reaches a certain amount of miles? There's no option after sport +. Not sure how to make it appear. Any info would be greatly appreciated, as I haven't been able to find much regarding the C118 and this "issue" i have.

EDIT: Solved by superswiss, the car wasn't optioned with the proper package! Thread closed

Last edited by Kushkaki; 01-03-2021 at 11:01 PM.
Old 01-03-2021, 06:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,930 Likes on 2,626 Posts
2019 C63CS
The CLA45 doesn't have Race mode. Only the CLA45S has Race mode. In general, Race mode is reserved for S models and up. Some non-S models like the GT63 have an optional Dynamic package that adds Race mode and Drift mode, which otherwise only the S model has.

Last edited by superswiss; 01-03-2021 at 06:38 PM.
Old 01-03-2021, 06:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,930 Likes on 2,626 Posts
2019 C63CS
Ah, just noticed the CLA45 is the same. You have to add the AMG Dynamic Plus package to get Race and Drift mode. If you do have it, then Race mode should be available right away. Race Start is not available until you are past the official break-in period.

The following users liked this post:
Kushkaki (01-03-2021)
Old 01-03-2021, 08:17 PM

2020 CLA 45 AMG 4MATIC+
Originally Posted by superswiss
Ah, just noticed the CLA45 is the same. You have to add the AMG Dynamic Plus package to get Race and Drift mode. If you do have it, then Race mode should be available right away. Race Start is not available until you are past the official break-in period.

thank you for that. Just checked the sticker and looks like it’s the one package we didn’t get. Oh well, wouldn’t have been safe for us anyway and the cars plenty of fun as is. Appreciate the prompt response!
Old 01-03-2021, 10:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,000 Likes on 586 Posts
N/A
Originally Posted by Kushkaki
thank you for that. Just checked the sticker and looks like it’s the one package we didn’t get. Oh well, wouldn’t have been safe for us anyway and the cars plenty of fun as is. Appreciate the prompt response!
FYI, Race mode can be enabled via coding. Probably not Drift mode, though.

Last edited by Eaton; 03-29-2021 at 11:12 AM. Reason: Apparently drift mode can be done!
SebastianSierra (03-02-2021)
Old 01-03-2021, 11:00 PM

2020 CLA 45 AMG 4MATIC+
Thanks for the info! Probably won't go that route as this isn't even my car and the sport + mode is fun enough. Appreciate the response!
Old 03-02-2021, 05:29 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CLA 45 (C118)
Hey man! Can you please look at my latest two posts about you comment pretty much. If you have any knowledge it would be super appreciated
Old 03-02-2021, 05:43 PM

2020 CLA 45 AMG 4MATIC+
Hey Sebastian.

So to me it looks like your two questions are why the cla45s has more power, and how to get the drift / race mode correct?

From my understanding the reason the S has more power and torque is just the tuning. Im almost certain that the internals (of the engine) are identical, so you can remedy that with a tune. The Race / Drift mode, as mentioned by another user above, they likely can be enabled via software but I'm not too sure.

Sorry for the lack of information, still new to the AMG scene myself. Have a good one!

SebastianSierra (04-13-2021)
Old 03-29-2021, 10:53 AM

CLA 45 (C118)
Hey, I just wanted to give a little update. A member reached out to me and put me in contact with RJ Automotive. He is based in London and he sells a package that includes a remote OBD2 and an online session where he remotely accesses your car from anywhere (I am from Florida). I didn't have Race or Drift mode in my (US Spec) CLA45 as I don't have the dynamic plus package. He not only activated Race and Drift mode for me (I did have the hardware in my car spec to be able to unlock drift mode "4matic +") but he also activated the exhaust valve control on my AMG drive unit which I didn't have access too. He also activated a European Highbeam feature where the LED's individually move and turn on and off when there is a corner and or a car on the opposite lane. (US spec LED high beams just turn on and off when it encounters another car, it doesn't individually turn off the headlight LEDs accordingly) (but correct me if I'm wrong). RJ Automotive was extremely professional and easy to communicate with through WhatsApp. I am writing this as an incredibly satisfied customer. He did not pay or compensate me in any way. His website has his WhatsApp phone number as well as the other services he offers. 10/10 review from me and I with Race mode and Drift mode my CLA45 feels like a completely different beast.

https://www.rjautomotive.net
Old 04-13-2021, 02:13 AM

2020 CLA45 AMG
Originally Posted by SebastianSierra
Hey, I just wanted to give a little update. A member reached out to me and put me in contact with RJ Automotive. He is based in London and he sells a package that includes a remote OBD2 and an online session where he remotely accesses your car from anywhere (I am from Florida). I didn't have Race or Drift mode in my (US Spec) CLA45 as I don't have the dynamic plus package. He not only activated Race and Drift mode for me (I did have the hardware in my car spec to be able to unlock drift mode "4matic +") but he also activated the exhaust valve control on my AMG drive unit which I didn't have access too. He also activated a European Highbeam feature where the LED's individually move and turn on and off when there is a corner and or a car on the opposite lane. (US spec LED high beams just turn on and off when it encounters another car, it doesn't individually turn off the headlight LEDs accordingly) (but correct me if I'm wrong). RJ Automotive was extremely professional and easy to communicate with through WhatsApp. I am writing this as an incredibly satisfied customer. He did not pay or compensate me in any way. His website has his WhatsApp phone number as well as the other services he offers. 10/10 review from me and I with Race mode and Drift mode my CLA45 feels like a completely different beast.

https://www.rjautomotive.net
Hi, I'm glad I cam across this! I just reached out and will see if I can get this enabled as well.

Though, I am currently tuned by Weistec and wondering if this will mess with my current tune. I hope not! This would be great!
Old 04-13-2021, 03:16 PM

CLA 45 (C118)
Hey man,

Quick question. You mention your car is tuned by Weistec. Is your car a 2020 (c118) model or 2019 and below? Just wondering cause I can't seem to find any tunes at all for the new-gen CLA45.
Old 04-13-2021, 03:38 PM

2020 CLA45 AMG
I have a 2020 cla45 (C118).

Multiple companies offer tunes already. Just reach out to them. Weistec and Eurocharged seems to be the most popular ones. I went with Weistec though.

i just ordered the module as well. Hoping to get race mode and drift enabled by the end of this week.

Originally Posted by SebastianSierra
Hey man,

Quick question. You mention your car is tuned by Weistec. Is your car a 2020 (c118) model or 2019 and below? Just wondering cause I can't seem to find any tunes at all for the new-gen CLA45.
Old 04-13-2021, 10:10 PM

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
CLA45
I second RJ, he added Race/Drift to mine as well. Quick and painless.
SebastianSierra (04-16-2021)
Old 12-03-2021, 10:46 PM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLA 45
Any issues with service or warranty if you do a software update like that to in lock race mode?
Old 12-07-2021, 10:20 AM

CLA 45 (C118)
Hey mate. Everything has been great with the unlock of race mode and drift mode. I've put around 12,000 miles on my baby over the last year and race mode and drift mode have been great. Same with the exhaust toggle on the AMG UNIT steering wheel and the euro headlights feature has also been spotless. I've actually had a couple electronic issues regarding my digital dash and my drivers seat controls not working and they were all replaced under warranty and no questions were asked. On top of that I've had my 10k mile service and everything was fine as well. RJ was great, and it was extremely easy to do. longest part was waiting the shipping of his OBD port.

@jeff.clt
jeff.clt (12-07-2021)