Mercedes Benz C118 CLA45s Akrapovic Titanium Evolution line exhaust upgrade

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-29-2021, 02:44 AM
SPONSOR

Received 149 Likes on 85 Posts
W205 W213
Mercedes Benz C118 CLA45s Akrapovic Titanium Evolution line exhaust upgrade

Finally can get this exhaust installed after a long wait! The original exhaust on this car was seriously too quiet for an AMG vehicle.... Quality is still top in the industry..... Sound clip included!

Attached Files
File Type: wmv
CEXH-EXHTIP-00369_testing_04.wmv (19.01 MB, 305 views)
Old 06-29-2021, 07:40 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
clk320
Thanks for sharing. What is the price?
Old 06-29-2021, 12:10 PM

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Merc
Congrats... is it worth the money? Is it a lot louder than stock? Does it drone during normal driving? I'm so curious... I'm looking for exhaust options for when my car comes in hopefully in like 2 months...
Old 06-29-2021, 12:13 PM

Merc
Oh and do you need to use the remote to control the valves? Or can the exhaust be controlled by the drive modes just like the stock exhaust?
Old 07-03-2021, 02:12 AM
SPONSOR

W205 W213
Originally Posted by crester
Oh and do you need to use the remote to control the valves? Or can the exhaust be controlled by the drive modes just like the stock exhaust?
Not at all, the exhaust valve can be controlled just like stock ones by the drive modes.
Old 07-03-2021, 04:31 PM

Merc
Originally Posted by richard billiam
Not at all, the exhaust valve can be controlled just like stock ones by the drive modes.
Do you know if you can plug the factory harness into the akrapovic exhaust directly? Or do you need to use that electronic box that comes from Akrapovic?
Old 07-12-2021, 05:38 AM
SPONSOR

W205 W213
Do you know if you can plug the factory harness into the akrapovic exhaust directly? Or do you need to use that electronic box that comes from Akrapovic?
You don't need to connect the electronic box unless you ordered the sound kit which I didn't. You will use your stock actuator and install it on the akrapovic exhaust.
The following users liked this post:
crester (07-12-2021)
Old 07-12-2021, 06:35 AM
SPONSOR

W205 W213
Congrats... is it worth the money? Is it a lot louder than stock? Does it drone during normal driving? I'm so curious... I'm looking for exhaust options for when my car comes in hopefully in like 2 months...
Akrapovic always worth the money hahahahahaha
The following users liked this post:
crester (07-12-2021)
Old 07-12-2021, 11:41 AM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
2021 AMG CLA 45S

That is interesting your Akrapovic exhaust would require you to install the stock actuator to be installed on it as mine came supplied and install by Akrapovic.

I also compared the stock actuator vs the Akrapovic actuator and the stock is way much smaller.

Mine came with the electronic box but not the remote control as it was an optional item, the electronic box is required to work with the actuator that came with the Akrapovic catback.

The wiring and installation was easy though, no splicing required.

I do know for the Akrapovic catback for 35 you would need to use the factory actuator and for the catback for 45 it comes fitted with a larger actuator from Akrapovic.

I also saw that you posted in the CLA35 thread with the same car, I'm confused.

Is your car a CLA35 or CLA45 S?

Last edited by changchewsoon; 07-12-2021 at 11:58 AM.
Old 07-12-2021, 09:28 PM

Merc
Looking at the two posts I think he's a shop owner installing these exhausts for customer cars. There is indeed one thread with a CLA45 and another with a CLA35.
Old 07-12-2021, 09:32 PM

Merc
Originally Posted by changchewsoon

That is interesting your Akrapovic exhaust would require you to install the stock actuator to be installed on it as mine came supplied and install by Akrapovic.

I also compared the stock actuator vs the Akrapovic actuator and the stock is way much smaller.

Mine came with the electronic box but not the remote control as it was an optional item, the electronic box is required to work with the actuator that came with the Akrapovic catback.

The wiring and installation was easy though, no splicing required.
changchewsoon what do you think of your Akrapovic exhaust? How does it compare to stock? Much louder? More aggressive? It's hard to tell the differences without hearing the cars in person.
Old 07-12-2021, 11:06 PM

2021 AMG CLA 45S
Looking at the two posts I think he's a shop owner installing these exhausts for customer cars. There is indeed one thread with a CLA45 and another with a CLA35.
Ah, that makes sense although I find it weird the Akrapovic catback for the CLA45 S still requires the stock actuator to be installed instead of coming with one supplied.
Old 07-12-2021, 11:14 PM

2021 AMG CLA 45S
changchewsoon what do you think of your Akrapovic exhaust? How does it compare to stock? Much louder? More aggressive? It's hard to tell the differences without hearing the cars in person.
Okay I had my Akrapovic catback and downpipe installed in 2 separate times because of the incorrect downpipe they sent.

With just the catback, you definitely already can hear the difference but it isn't as loud with the downpipe installed.

With the catback it sounds a lot more crisp and yes louder, with the stock exhaust it is very muted. Almost like a vacumn cleaner if I may.

With the downpipe, it is really loud and might not suit everyone's taste. At least for me.

Personally, I would only prefer just the catback without the downpipe but I am going after for performance hence the downpipe as well.

But for me. the catback did not contribute to any extra performance on the dyno unfortunately. Just sounded better.

Unfortunately due to the covid-19 pandemic lockdown, I wasn't able to put the car back on the dyno to touch up the tune and see how much more power can be extracted from the downpipe.

And yes, you will have to hear it in person to really be able to determine the difference because exhaust sound is really a very personal and subjective preference.
The following 2 users liked this post by changchewsoon:
iCARMIX (07-27-2021), jamespaul (08-19-2021)