CLA 45 AMG (C118) 2019 to Present

Extended warranty

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-02-2022, 12:24 PM

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts
2023 AMG GT 53
Extended warranty

Any of the recent owners add the extended warranty when you purchased? I’m just wondering what sort of price people are being quoted for this car. On my last German car, an Audi, everything started breaking the day the factory warranty expired.
Old 07-05-2022, 01:59 PM
SPONSOR

Received 231 Likes on 177 Posts
2001 E55AMG
Originally Posted by Sockinatoaster
Any of the recent owners add the extended warranty when you purchased? I’m just wondering what sort of price people are being quoted for this car. On my last German car, an Audi, everything started breaking the day the factory warranty expired.
I help lots of MB World forum members with their extended warranty search. Provider of both Fidelity and Freedom Warranty policies, both are accepted at dealerships and licensed service centers across North America. For quotes, questions and example contracts you can reach me at (855) 924-1333 or tgibson@highline-autos.com
Old 07-06-2022, 07:40 AM

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
CLA 45 AMG
Extended warranties are frustrating to really know what you have—until you try to use the service.
For me, I want to know clearly what is covered, what isn't, and where can I go to have my car fixed, with as little conflict as possible.
I also prefer to be the one with the power of choice of where I can go for warranty service.

I just let our home warranty expire for basically all the reasons I mention above.
I've had a home warranty service contract for over five years, this year I made my first claim, related to our hot water heater.
The kicker was we went three weeks without hot water while they had three people come out and review our hot water heaters issues before replacing.
All of this was for a $1,000 credit—we still had to kick in almost $800 to get a new heater installed that met some new building codes.

I made the wrong decision twice on extended warranties. I bought new a JCW Clubman and my wife a Countryman in 2012 within a few months of each other.
I bought the extended maintenance plans on both and passed on MINI's extended warranty plans. BIG MISTAKE!
My JCW had a timing chain break at 55,000 miles (5K past the warranty) cost me $$$$.
My Wife's Countryman suffered a cracked turbo inlet at 53,000 miles and a host of other little issues that were piling up.
In 2017 I got rid of both of our Mini's and I replaced mine with a 2012 Mustang GT with very low miles from CarMax.
They basically gave me an extended warranty up to 75k - I never had to use for my Stang—she was a tank.
We purchased a 2020 Subaru Forrester for my wife, we decided to load it up, with extended maintenance, and extended warranty all under Subaru.

Sorry—for such a long post. The point I'm trying to make is that extended warranties are a difficult choice for us the consumer.
Far too often there is no discussion with the dealership until you're in the finance room.
I'm trying to be smarter this time—related to my CLA45.
As I wait for my car to ship–I've asked my dealership for hard costs on the maintenance packages and the warranty for my AMG.
I'm also looking into the extended warranty options from my bank (Ally) and my credit union.

I too would love to hear from a Mercedes owner who went the factory extended warranty route for an AMG.

Last edited by CarolinaPirate; 07-06-2022 at 07:43 AM.
Old 07-06-2022, 01:08 PM
SPONSOR

2001 E55AMG
^ I get what you're saying, especially when dealing with a dealership who has given you nothing but a brochure on "coverage" and throw out a price....
Old 07-06-2022, 02:05 PM

2023 AMG GT 53
Originally Posted by Highline-Autos.com
I help lots of MB World forum members with their extended warranty search. Provider of both Fidelity and Freedom Warranty policies, both are accepted at dealerships and licensed service centers across North America. For quotes, questions and example contracts you can reach me at (855) 924-1333 or tgibson@highline-autos.com
I’ll definitely be in touch. I don’t like making payments on a car out of warranty so I’m looking to extend it for a year.
Old 07-06-2022, 02:08 PM
SPONSOR

2001 E55AMG
Originally Posted by Sockinatoaster
I’ll definitely be in touch. I don’t like making payments on a car out of warranty so I’m looking to extend it for a year.
Sounds great, I look forward to hearing from you.
Old 07-06-2022, 02:08 PM

2023 AMG GT 53
Originally Posted by CarolinaPirate
Extended warranties are frustrating to really know what you have—until you try to use the service.
For me, I want to know clearly what is covered, what isn't, and where can I go to have my car fixed, with as little conflict as possible.
I also prefer to be the one with the power of choice of where I can go for warranty service.

I just let our home warranty expire for basically all the reasons I mention above.
I've had a home warranty service contract for over five years, this year I made my first claim, related to our hot water heater.
The kicker was we went three weeks without hot water while they had three people come out and review our hot water heaters issues before replacing.
All of this was for a $1,000 credit—we still had to kick in almost $800 to get a new heater installed that met some new building codes.

I made the wrong decision twice on extended warranties. I bought new a JCW Clubman and my wife a Countryman in 2012 within a few months of each other.
I bought the extended maintenance plans on both and passed on MINI's extended warranty plans. BIG MISTAKE!
My JCW had a timing chain break at 55,000 miles (5K past the warranty) cost me $$$$.
My Wife's Countryman suffered a cracked turbo inlet at 53,000 miles and a host of other little issues that were piling up.
In 2017 I got rid of both of our Mini's and I replaced mine with a 2012 Mustang GT with very low miles from CarMax.
They basically gave me an extended warranty up to 75k - I never had to use for my Stang—she was a tank.
We purchased a 2020 Subaru Forrester for my wife, we decided to load it up, with extended maintenance, and extended warranty all under Subaru.

Sorry—for such a long post. The point I'm trying to make is that extended warranties are a difficult choice for us the consumer.
Far too often there is no discussion with the dealership until you're in the finance room.
I'm trying to be smarter this time—related to my CLA45.
As I wait for my car to ship–I've asked my dealership for hard costs on the maintenance packages and the warranty for my AMG.
I'm also looking into the extended warranty options from my bank (Ally) and my credit union.

I too would love to hear from a Mercedes owner who went the factory extended warranty route for an AMG.
I got my dealer to agree to msrp but I know they’re going to want to throw something else on when the car comes in. As I’m interested in warranty and prepaid maintenance I threw that out to to them. Pretty sure they’ll hit me on the APR too but I have my credit Union already lined up to refi.

I’m pretty sure the prepaid maintenance cost is fixed. I saw a price list on the mbusa site.
Old 07-06-2022, 03:07 PM

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
CLA45 AMG
It is. but remember, if you want to see them freak out, when they come to you, just say "Thats not good enough" and just dont say anything lol. Watch the sales person quirm.

Ill get the extra warranty, protection and a few other stuff.
Old 07-08-2022, 12:38 PM

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
CLA 45 AMG
I'm not sure where I saw it online and now I can't find it.
I saw a pretty high price for the extended warranty for AMG autos.
The CLA model extended warranty price I saw wasn't bad, but the AMG cost was over 4K.
I just don't want to pay interest on a warranty extension.

I'm also paying MSRP… my dealer's doc fees are very reasonable, that said every dealer, offers up the tire and wheel warranty, and who knows what else.
I hope to get out of the room by only adding the 3-4 year pre-paid maintenance pkg and leave it at that.
Concerning APR, my credit union just raised its rates (a little) my dealership is going to have a hard time beating 2.89.

I've also already told my salesperson I'll be going to my chosen vendor for tint and ceramic coating.
I made the mistake with my last MINI letting the dealer handle the tint, ceramic coat, and PPF.
The vendor they used declined four years later to take the PPF off my car and replace it.