Keyless GO module replacement

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old Yesterday, 01:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLA 250
Keyless GO module replacement

Hi,

I got my windows tinted on my 2019 Mercedes CLA 250 (all windows except front windshield) about 3 weeks ago. Ever since, the keyless go and keyless start functions don’t work. So the keys work when you press the buttons, but the car won’t detect the key when putting your hand by the handle, nor will it start remotely (I have to put it in).

The tint used was *apparently* ceramic, but who knows. Currently trying to deal with the tint shop.

My question is: could anyone help me locate the keyless go module? I’m reading on different forums that could be what’s damaged, so I went and bought one on eBay for $40.

Also, could it also just be the tint needs to be removed?

Last edited by Jawadjojo; Yesterday at 01:45 AM.
Old Yesterday, 06:07 PM
Super Moderator

Received 747 Likes on 728 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
moved to C117 forum...
Old Yesterday, 09:03 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,532 Likes on 2,153 Posts
PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
Originally Posted by Jawadjojo
Hi,

I got my windows tinted on my 2019 Mercedes CLA 250 (all windows except front windshield) about 3 weeks ago. Ever since, the keyless go and keyless start functions don’t work. So the keys work when you press the buttons, but the car won’t detect the key when putting your hand by the handle, nor will it start remotely (I have to put it in).

The tint used was *apparently* ceramic, but who knows. Currently trying to deal with the tint shop.

My question is: could anyone help me locate the keyless go module? I’m reading on different forums that could be what’s damaged, so I went and bought one on eBay for $40.

Also, could it also just be the tint needs to be removed?
Was the rear glass tinted? If so I wonder if too much water was used and it fried the control module. Here is an example on different models:
https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w...d-working.html
https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...ar-window.html