SRS Malfunction

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-10-2019, 03:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 SLK 350 w AMG / 2008 C / 2019 A220
SRS Malfunction

So this popped up last week:

Took in for service yesterday and the diagnosis was that it found a stored fault code B273513 The squib for pyrofuse 'On-board electrical network line' has a malfunction. They cleared the fault code, performed road test and confirmed no other fault codes. Last line of the service contract: "Please have the customer monitor at this time." Hope this was a one-time fault.
Old 07-25-2019, 02:46 PM

The SRS Malfunction popped up again two days ago. It's in the shop now and depending on the problem they may have to order parts which will take approximately two weeks. At least they gave me a loaner.
Old 07-25-2019, 07:14 PM

Just got a call from my service adivsor and it's not good news. Apparently there is a fuse that is bad and it has to be ordered from Germany. He said it will take several weeks to get here. In the meantime I've got a 2019 C300 as a loaner.
Old 07-25-2019, 08:27 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
A220
I'm not a car person so maybe this is a dumb statement but I find it bizarre they wouldn't keep at least 1 fuse in stock...
The following users liked this post:
Givmeabrek (07-25-2019)
Old 07-25-2019, 10:26 PM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
2022 C300 4Matic
Very odd story. When a fuse is bad you don't have an intermittent problem. And then you have to go to Germany to get another fuse?? And then it takes weeks to send it. Coming over on the Titanic?
Old 07-28-2019, 08:41 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
A220
I got mine back and all fixed. I'll type the report up later with what the details to the problem were.

I discovered that there is still some damage to the vehicle. The sunroof extra piece of glass in front of the actual sunroof has some damage to the trim, didn't get it repaired and needs to be done. Also, I don't think that glass fits perfectly, and I want to say it's the same as before. I don't think the fit of it was perfect which caused it to burst in the first place.

Anyways, sorry to derail the subject. Still venting.
Old 08-02-2019, 12:55 AM

I got my A220 back today. They replaced the pyrofuse which was faulty. Hopefully there will be no other issues.

Trending Topics

Old 08-02-2019, 10:05 PM

A220
That's good to hear. I still haven't taken mine back for the passenger airbag warning; I'd like to go a whole month without having to take the car in for service (even if it needs it).
Old 08-03-2019, 02:57 AM

A220
Originally Posted by Roger8
That's good to hear. I still haven't taken mine back for the passenger airbag warning; I'd like to go a whole month without having to take the car in for service (even if it needs it).
I'd take it in as many times as you can, because if there is ever something you have to take in multiple times you can always do a lemon law. I may have to do it.
Old 08-06-2019, 11:42 AM

Spoke too soon. As my wife was driving home yesterday, the SRS Malfunction popped up again. Will be taking it back in this morning. Starting to get frustrated!
Old 08-06-2019, 11:58 AM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
2022 C300 4Matic
That faulty fuse story didn't seem to make any sense. Could be anything. My car had a short in the wiring harness causing intermittent 4matic faults. Then my display kept going dead. Eventually they sorted it all out. Good luck. Be persistent.
Old 08-06-2019, 02:19 PM

A220
That sucks. I still need to take my car in for the passenger airbag warning; I'm psyching myself up to get a rental for yet another ~week all for the questionable chance they'll fix it for real this time.
Old 08-08-2019, 05:08 PM

Update - They've ordered a new SRS Control Module. Whether or not this fixes the issue, only time will tell.
Old 08-10-2019, 04:18 PM

A220
They just replaced the SRS control module for my "passenger airbag malfunction" error. Hopefully it's truly fixed this time.
Old 08-23-2019, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by Roger8
They just replaced the SRS control module for my "passenger airbag malfunction" error. Hopefully it's truly fixed this time.
Got my car back yesterday after a little over two weeks. They replaced the SRS control module, so hopefully this is the last time for this issue. Time will tell.
Old 09-25-2019, 06:13 PM

2019 A220 4MATIC
Just took my car in for this same issue. Service Advisor told me that they've seen this caused by the seatbelt buckle or the SRS control module, both of which are VIN-specific and have to be ordered.
Old 09-25-2019, 08:14 PM

A220
They originally replaced the buckle on mine but then the error came back within a week. Then they swapped the SRS control module and the error hasn't returned. I don't know how variable these things are but it took a month for the seat belt buckle to get in but then it only took 2 days for the SRS module.

I'd push to have both parts replaced if you can (to minimize having to come back a second time.)
Old 12-03-2019, 10:18 PM

2019 A250 4matic hatchback
SRS Malfunction x6!!!! 🤬🤬

Hello fellow A Class owners.

long story short, A250 - car has been to dealer 5 times for same SRS malfunction issue. I just got it back 3 days ago with a brand new SRS unit and 1st service performed - I'm at 18k/kms. The same SRS fault just came back again today less than a 100kms later.

Dealer has been doing everything they can but at this point I am now mad as hell. By the 6th time I’d say anyone would lose their patience. They had the car for a month, were really good with getting me a loaner everytime. Once a GLC300 which was a rental, and all other times has been another a250 or GLA.

Last time it was at the dealer I called MB Canada and opened an investigation. So far they had given me 3 free services - guess its their basic prepaid service plan worth $800. Great, so not only do I not get to drive my car for a month, but the prepaid service is $$$ for the dealer since MB pays them to cover the costs. Yes, it’s great I am getting free service for next couple years. But I didn’t buy the car to stay in the shop!

How many times must I send the car back and keep switching cars!? At this point I am considering CAMVAP - starting the arbitration process so maybe MB will buy it back!

6th time!!!

5th time

4th time

I also have a faulty ambient temperature reading and one time the car told me both front turn signals were not working!

Just an exterior pic

Malfunction...

Malfunction x2 😤

so far the dealer gave myself and my wife free tickets to Leafs game one night. It was an awesome gesture, but at the end of day I want to drive the car that I am paying for.

Last edited by Jai K.; 12-03-2019 at 10:42 PM.
Old 12-03-2019, 10:53 PM

A220
Hi.

If I was you, we're both in the very same boat. Just contact MB Canada and do a buyback and get your vehicle replaced. That's the process that I am about to take. Look at it this way. Your SRS issues are related to what? Airbags and Seatbelts, and what are both of those items consist of? Your safety and the safety of others in your vehicle.

Why risk it? That's the point I'm going to make with my vehicle. It's not safe at all. It's great that the dealership is helping you by compensating your time in some way, but this isn't the dealer's fault, this is a quality control problem with MB and THEY should be making it right by putting you in a new vehicle that is safe for everyone.

Open up a buyback and get that thing off the road and get it replaced.

Best of luck
Old 12-03-2019, 11:18 PM

2019 A250 4matic hatchback
Originally Posted by Deriggs007
Hi.

If I was you, we're both in the very same boat. Just contact MB Canada and do a buyback and get your vehicle replaced. That's the process that I am about to take. Look at it this way. Your SRS issues are related to what? Airbags and Seatbelts, and what are both of those items consist of? Your safety and the safety of others in your vehicle.

Why risk it? That's the point I'm going to make with my vehicle. It's not safe at all. It's great that the dealership is helping you by compensating your time in some way, but this isn't the dealer's fault, this is a quality control problem with MB and THEY should be making it right by putting you in a new vehicle that is safe for everyone.

Open up a buyback and get that thing off the road and get it replaced.

Best of luck
thank you for your input / I had said that precisely to MB Canada and said they would work with the dealer to help come to a resolution. I changed my request from buyback to waiving a month’s payment or giving me winter tires and I figured this should be the last fix since they have a whole new unit coming from Germany! The day after I got the car back the service manager called and said they denied my requests but went through with giving me prepaid service as a goodwill.

I was livid when I called MB as soon as it happened. I am going to go with your suggestion at this point and push to have them buy it back. I am eyeing the GLB since I could use the extra room. The GLB35 would be nice but it’s far away at this point.

Who knows maybe the A35’s won’t have this issue? 🤷🏽‍♂️

not sure where I read that there is a major software update coming in January. Can anyone substantiate this?

Last edited by Jai K.; 12-03-2019 at 11:21 PM.
Old 12-04-2019, 12:07 AM

A220
If I could get a new CLA or A35 as an upgrade for the issues I have had, I would do that. Don't settle with them. These cars are no more than $50K almost fully loaded in USD. Some of the cars people have done buybacks on were $150K. They can do a buyback as it's lower risk than doing a lemon law to them. A buyback gives them the opportunity to fully repair the vehicle and resell. A lemon lawed vehicle gets sorely depreciated where it's not even that worth to sell it. A buyback is easier for both parties.

I don't know how Lemon law works in Canada. But here in the states, it's basically a "reasonable amount of attempts of repair" which in some states is 2-3x on the same issue and or 2x for safety concern (which yours qualify for) or "30 days in service for issues" Mine meets the 30-day service problem. It's going on 2 weeks for them to replace my SRS controller right now. I had 2+ weeks for the sunroof, 2+ weeks about for thermostat and various other issues. The passenger side Airbag and so on.

Here is what I'm going to try and do to move into a loaded CLA...

Tell them I have no faith in the A-Class but want the technology as that is what attracted me to the Mercedes line anyways, the infotainment and the design. The only similar platform that has been tried and true is the CLA which is comparable to the A-Class.
I will ask for them to replace the vehicle with the CLA that is optioned up out of goodwill. I have spent weeks without my vehicle, making payments for something that I don't have. Traveling at least 1 hour 1 way to pick up/drop off. Sometimes to show up and leave without even being able to get the car serviced. I have driven 8 plus hours after my sunroof exploded and was rained on through a heavy store the same day it exploded.

I have no faith in Mercedes and simply putting me back into the vehicle that I have no faith in will not make me stand behind Mercedes in my future or any family/friends that is seeking a luxury vehicle that I was. I will look at the competition and go with them and consult a lemon law over a buyback. The car is clearly a lemon and if Mercedes can't help me, I will not help them keep that title off of a car that I know is honestly one.

This will force them to offer a better buyback than just putting me in the same vehicle. Worst case scenario, they agree to put me in a similar priced CLA and I have to pay the difference in addons (4-6K)

Hope this has helped.
Old 02-17-2020, 12:51 PM

A220
Originally Posted by hebsan
Got my car back yesterday after a little over two weeks. They replaced the SRS control module, so hopefully this is the last time for this issue. Time will tell.
They did this to mine as well and it went months without coming on until now. Seems like every time I take it out of town it comes on.
Old 05-20-2020, 03:41 PM

2014 ML350 4M
Just got the SRS malfunction error today as well.

So far the issues have been
Car towed due to non-start in the first week/400 miles -> Transmission control module has to be replaced
Ambient Lighting got stuck -> Software update
Wiper hitting A-Pillar -> Adjustment
Tires feathering and very loud in less than 10k miles -> probably wait until they wear out soon and replaced with better ones.

Old 07-15-2021, 01:07 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2019 A 220
Any updates? Has anyone actually got a permanent fix on this?
Old 07-15-2021, 01:09 AM

2019 A220 4MATIC
I have not had a recurrence of the problem since the car was serviced.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: SRS Malfunction