Ambient lighting cannot change color and stay on when the car is off

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-10-2019, 09:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 ML350 4M
Ambient lighting cannot change color and stay on when the car is off

My ambient lighting started acting up about a month ago. The colors could not be changed and it stayed on after the car was off.
I tried doing factory setting and it did not help. However, it went away on its own after a few hours or after I turn on/off the car a few times.
This is very random occurrence and how it resolved itself. Not sure when it will stay on all night and then I might run into battery issue.
Just want to see if anyone else has the same issue.

I found this https://www.aclassclub.co.uk/threads...-issues.12503/ and it seems like software update would help.

*Another observation: Sometimes when it stayed on, I connected the battery tender to the car since I don't want it to run out of battery overnight. The ambient light turned off a short while after that.
So, I am not sure it has anything to do with battery of the car.

Last edited by LilSilverBullet; 12-10-2019 at 09:29 PM.
Old 12-11-2019, 01:50 AM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
A220
I will say that after my vehicle was in the shop for 2 weeks. My car got a software update while there and it does make things work a bit different in the car. Differnet UI elements
Old 12-16-2019, 10:44 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
GLA
Originally Posted by LilSilverBullet
My ambient lighting started acting up about a month ago. The colors could not be changed and it stayed on after the car was off.
I tried doing factory setting and it did not help. However, it went away on its own after a few hours or after I turn on/off the car a few times.
This is very random occurrence and how it resolved itself. Not sure when it will stay on all night and then I might run into battery issue.

I found this https://www.aclassclub.co.uk/threads...-issues.12503/ and it seems like software update would help.

*Another observation: Sometimes when it stayed on, I connected the battery tender to the car since I don't want it to run out of battery overnight. The ambient light turned off a short while after that.
i got CTEK Battery Charger, always connect to starter battery when i park the car, first time when i connect the CTEK charger, it took 10 hours to reach full charge, and now i can feel that the batter is really happy i'm doing that, now only 2 hours, the battery shows full charge, i think this will benefit to that small battery ( maybe 1.2AH battery ) this will make it last longer. and turn off that engine On/Off will really help the battery to live longer.
Old 01-17-2020, 09:42 AM

2014 ML350 4M

Update: I took my car to dealership to replace the windshield due to rock damage (after waiting 3+ months for parts) and asked SA to check on the ambient light. He found out that the software update for ambient lighting system is required (for multiple/various reported issues anyway - but it should help in my case). So far so good.
Old 01-17-2020, 09:46 AM

GLA
Update: I took my car to dealership to replace the windshield due to rock damage (after waiting 3+ months for parts) and asked SA to check on the ambient light. He found out that the software update for ambient lighting system is required (for multiple/various reported issues anyway - but it should help in my case). So far so good.

looks like there is new update for MBUX, one owner got it, looks better
Old 01-17-2020, 09:47 AM

2014 ML350 4M
Originally Posted by vfxcxn0309
i got CTEK Battery Charger, always connect to starter battery when i park the car, first time when i connect the CTEK charger, it took 10 hours to reach full charge, and now i can feel that the batter is really happy i'm doing that, now only 2 hours, the battery shows full charge, i think this will benefit to that small battery ( maybe 1.2AH battery ) this will make it last longer. and turn off that engine On/Off will really help the battery to live longer.
Thank you. I got one from Battery Tender (4A model) and it took less than 30 mins to keep the battery fully charged over the weekend that I don't use it. The first time I used it it took about 1-2 hours. I also bought 1.25A Battery Tender before this one and it took many hours. I agree that using trickle charger keeps this car more stable power-wise if it sits.
Old 01-17-2020, 09:49 AM

2014 ML350 4M
Originally Posted by vfxcxn0309
looks like there is new update for MBUX, one owner got it, looks better
Thank you, I saw that post too. I haven't confirm my MBUX version yet and SA didn't say anything about MBUX update (I asked him to check).

Trending Topics

Old 01-17-2020, 09:49 AM

GLA
Thank you. I got one from Battery Tender (4A model) and it took less than 30 mins to keep the battery fully charged over the weekend that I don't use it. The first time I used it it took about 1-2 hours. I also bought 1.25A Battery Tender before this one and it took many hours. I agree that using trickle charger keeps this car more stable power-wise if it sits.
yes, always keep battery at full, and help other system works better
Old 01-17-2020, 09:50 AM

GLA
Thank you, I saw that post too. I haven't confirm my MBUX version yet and SA didn't say anything about MBUX update (I asked him to check).
i will go check tonight on my car, i want to have that update