Classifieds The classifieds listings have been archived, create a listing in our new Marketplace!

FS: WA - 02 M-B C230K Sport Coupe - $19700 OBO

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-12-2005, 09:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation FS: WA - 02 M-B C230K Sport Coupe - $19700 OBO

I won't bore you folks w/ the gory details as this is an MB site. So, with that, we need to get rid of the car, we are in Seattle, WA (Everett actually) so shoot us a reasonable offer as we are moving to New Jersey soon.

Here's the Here's the Craigslist post:

http://seattle.craigslist.org/car/102771706.html

Here's the Autotrader listing:

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...0000&cardist=0

If you have any questions, call, email, or PM me for any additional info you need.

shinsain@requiemunderground.org
425-923-7440

Thanks!

Aaron

Last edited by shinsain; 10-12-2005 at 09:22 PM.
Old 10-13-2005, 09:33 PM

Bump.
Old 10-14-2005, 12:43 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2019 CLS
Originally Posted by shinsain
Bump.

With KBB listing a little over $12k for it you might have to lower your price quite a bit to have any bites on this board...
Old 10-14-2005, 01:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 170 Likes on 154 Posts
99 E320
nah....you didn't select the proper KBB data. there's no way that vehicle
has that low a prevailing street price...private sale here in Seattle area.
Old 10-14-2005, 01:17 AM

Originally Posted by raymond g-
nah....you didn't select the proper KBB data. there's no way that vehicle
has that low a prevailing street price...private sale here in Seattle area.
Yeah, I you're not selecting something right. My wife is a loan officer as well, and most banks/dealerships use NADA. We used her business NADA account to check the price of the vehicle as it is what the bank uses to furnish loans. You probably selected trade in value or something, not private party.

And if you're still unsure, look up the average price on Autotrader. That's a second guide I go by to check average prices as well as NADA usually.

And you always ask a little more than you plan to get.

Thanks for the bump!

Aaron
Old 10-14-2005, 09:20 PM

2019 CLS
Yeah, I you're not selecting something right. My wife is a loan officer as well, and most banks/dealerships use NADA. We used her business NADA account to check the price of the vehicle as it is what the bank uses to furnish loans. You probably selected trade in value or something, not private party.

And if you're still unsure, look up the average price on Autotrader. That's a second guide I go by to check average prices as well as NADA usually.

And you always ask a little more than you plan to get.

Thanks for the bump!

Aaron

LoL...Please re-read my comment. ON THIS BOARD I can almost guarantee you that you will not have any bites. Reason being is the people that actually have the cash here know exactly what each and every model is worth and know a good deal when they see it....With seeing some C32's in the mid-$20's a while back, your C230 with cloth seats ain't going to sell for that price here..

The "loan value line", " its below NADA value talk" works well with little old ladies and the local folk (actually sold my MB this way, locally) but just doesn't fly here..

But this is more of a friendly FYI more then anything else..take it or leave it..
Old 10-14-2005, 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by respdoc
LoL...Please re-read my comment. ON THIS BOARD I can almost guarantee you that you will not have any bites. Reason being is the people that actually have the cash here know exactly what each and every model is worth and know a good deal when they see it....With seeing some C32's in the mid-$20's a while back, your C230 with cloth seats ain't going to sell for that price here..

The "loan value line", " its below NADA value talk" works well with little old ladies and the local folk (actually sold my MB this way, locally) but just doesn't fly here..

But this is more of a friendly FYI more then anything else..take it or leave it..
Well, I'm glad you speak for the board in that case. I'm sure there are reasons surrounding C32's in the mid 20's that probably have them placed firmly there for a reason.

I'm not looking to give someone a good deal, I'm looking to give a fair market value and a fair deal. I am not a car dealership and not rich. As such, I cannot give away a car taking a loss on said vehicle.

The price is fair and I will entertain offers lower than what is now in the thread, maybe lower than you think (as noted above); however, $12,000 is obsurd for this car. You priced it wrong, I'm sorry. In the future, if you wish to essentially hijack someone's thread, Email or PM them in private so that your suggestions may be heard.

Trending Topics

Old 10-15-2005, 01:25 AM

2019 CLS
Well, I'm glad you speak for the board in that case. I'm sure there are reasons surrounding C32's in the mid 20's that probably have them placed firmly there for a reason.

I'm not looking to give someone a good deal, I'm looking to give a fair market value and a fair deal. I am not a car dealership and not rich. As such, I cannot give away a car taking a loss on said vehicle.

The price is fair and I will entertain offers lower than what is now in the thread, maybe lower than you think (as noted above); however, $12,000 is obsurd for this car. You priced it wrong, I'm sorry. In the future, if you wish to essentially hijack someone's thread, Email or PM them in private so that your suggestions may be heard.

This is an open forum my noob friend...you posted an ad, I replied..you don't like the feedback, don't post..it's that simple..

Before making yourself look like more of a do a quick search on what other coupes with quite a bit more options (and/or less miles) on the board sold for and maybe you will see where I'm coming from.

Last edited by respdoc; 10-15-2005 at 01:28 AM.
Old 10-15-2005, 03:46 AM

Originally Posted by respdoc
This is an open forum my noob friend...you posted an ad, I replied..you don't like the feedback, don't post..it's that simple..

Before making yourself look like more of a do a quick search on what other coupes with quite a bit more options (and/or less miles) on the board sold for and maybe you will see where I'm coming from.
It is an open forum, however, common courtasy would dictate that you take opinions that do nothing but stand to hurt someone's good natured attempts to sell a car in private.

Please, lets not fall back on childish comments like "noob." Being new to any certian internet forum certianly does not automatically mean that one is not an established member of others; and this in turn means nothing to those outside of the internet community. I believe that if your argument has fallen to berating a person for their place in the caste of an internet forum, you may have failed to make a valid point. This would then mean that it may be time to cede your side of the argument.

It seems as though this will not happen, so I ask again, if you must persist in your argument, please PM, email, or feel free to call me. But please do not hijack my thread. There is also an Off Topic forum here where I'm sure you would be more than welcome to voice your opinions.

Furthermore, if the folks here really think that my price I'm asking is so outrageous, I would hope that the one other person who chimed in on my side would have the decency to let me know instead of agreeing with me. And again, the price is "OBO" - I have not argued that price was static, nor have I noted that other offers would not be entertained. In fact, I have stated quite the opposite.

Aaron
Old 10-15-2005, 06:12 AM
Administrator

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Here is the value per the auction houses. HTH

Auction Averages
For Week Ending Oct 10
Above Average Below
Sale Price $16,011 $14,206 $12,401
Mileage 25,923 41,569 57,215
Old 10-15-2005, 09:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

none
I bought a mint C43 with 40,000miles and every option for a good amount less than that. To me the C43 is twice the car in many ways and I paid less.

Not saying anything about your add. Just throwing out my experience.
Old 10-15-2005, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by NitrogenBalance
I bought a mint C43 with 40,000miles and every option for a good amount less than that. To me the C43 is twice the car in many ways and I paid less.

Not saying anything about your add. Just throwing out my experience.
I'm sure its more than possible. I'm only asking what I wish to receive for the car. I do not expect to get it necessarily though. Although, 12-14,000 dollars is also not reasonable. I was not expecting to sell the car via a MB board either. I am also a Subaru enthusiast and wouldn't expect to sell my WRX for book on the NASIOC forums either. However, that said, I would still put it out because there's always a chance.

I appreciate all of your opinions (well, most ) and understand exactly where you're coming from. To the last two posters: thank you for being honest and professional with that honesty. I do appreciate it.

Aaron
Old 10-15-2005, 02:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 170 Likes on 154 Posts
99 E320
The option always existed for folks to contact the original poster in diplomatic
fashion.....had this been the goal. The most public method was selected.
Communication as an art, was lost in the process.