Classifieds The classifieds listings have been archived, create a listing in our new Marketplace!

FS: C-Coupe CF Hood

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-22-2006, 11:59 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FS: C-Coupe CF Hood

I'm selling my used C class Coupe(2door) carbon fiber hood.

The hood is made by Fiber Images and I had it for 1.5years.

Still very good condition, almost no flaws except for a small rock chip(smaller than a LED bulb) in the front of the hood, barely noticible and thats about it.

This is the one and only CF hood for the C coupe, and I'm selling it because I'm selling my car.

For pictures, please refer to:
http://mbklasse.com/forums/attachmen...achmentid=9219
http://mbklasse.com/forums/attachmen...achmentid=9698
http://mbklasse.com/forums/attachmen...achmentid=6847
http://mbklasse.com/forums/attachmen...achmentid=6940

Asking $650 OBO
Buyer pays shipping.

NOTE: You will need to use your stock hinges,hood bolts,hood emblem and locks. They are just bolt on parts, very easy install, did it alone.

Last edited by dlkc; 09-23-2006 at 12:09 AM.
Old 09-23-2006, 03:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2007 ML500
Pics don't work. Where are you located?
Old 09-23-2006, 03:35 AM
Almost a Member!

Oklahoma, give me your email address, i'll send you more pictures.
Old 09-23-2006, 03:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 C-Class Sportcoupe
You got PM. I'll buy it. It's taking too long for my friend to make one. He's still working on the lip spoilers.

Just let me know how much plus shipping to Huntington Beach and the money will be sent.

Last edited by pshek; 09-23-2006 at 04:11 AM.
Old 09-23-2006, 06:25 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by pshek
You got PM. I'll buy it. It's taking too long for my friend to make one. He's still working on the lip spoilers.

Just let me know how much plus shipping to Huntington Beach and the money will be sent.
I was gonna take it, yet it'll look far better on your car, hope you enjoy it.

Were you working on a Brabus louved CF hood? Will you still be working on it?
Old 09-23-2006, 07:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 C-Class Sportcoupe
Originally Posted by C230SportsCoupe
I was gonna take it, yet it'll look far better on your car, hope you enjoy it.

Were you working on a Brabus louved CF hood? Will you still be working on it?
Yup. I'm going to add louvers to the CF hood and modify the intake a little to get better cool airflow. It will look like the Vorsteiner M3 hood. I need another hood in order to start making a mold. It takes several weeks to make the mold, and I can't drive my car around without a hood for that long. Basically, with the spare hood, I'll be able to start making a mold for a CF hood, and keep my car since its a daily driver. I'm still planning on making a mold though, so if more peeps want a CF hood, it can be replicated.

Last edited by pshek; 09-23-2006 at 07:53 PM.
Old 09-25-2006, 07:52 AM
Banned

Yup. I'm going to add louvers to the CF hood and modify the intake a little to get better cool airflow. It will look like the Vorsteiner M3 hood. I need another hood in order to start making a mold. It takes several weeks to make the mold, and I can't drive my car around without a hood for that long. Basically, with the spare hood, I'll be able to start making a mold for a CF hood, and keep my car since its a daily driver. I'm still planning on making a mold though, so if more peeps want a CF hood, it can be replicated.
Do it, and PM me if you need pre-orders to get it done.
Old 09-26-2006, 12:46 AM
Almost a Member!

Will get the shipping quote tomorrow, didn't have the truck today to bring it to my friends warehouse.
Old 09-28-2006, 03:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 C-Class Sportcoupe
I bought the hood. Just had some misunderstandings.

Anyone interested in more CF louvered hoods for the coupe?

Last edited by pshek; 09-29-2006 at 01:11 AM. Reason: Worked things out...
Old 09-29-2006, 02:25 PM

C320 Coupe
I bought the hood. Just had some misunderstandings.

Anyone interested in more CF louvered hoods for the coupe?
sounds great, u might wanna post in the W203 and have a vote and see how many people are interested
Old 09-29-2006, 04:37 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by powa
sounds great, u might wanna post in the W203 and have a vote and see how many people are interested
and post the price. The M3 CF hood he wants to base the design off of is $1800 new. I'd pay $900 for a similar design, yet much more than that and not many are going to participate.

The concensus before on MBKlasse was that not many were willing to pay more than $600 for an OEM copy, and $8-900 for a unique hood.
Old 12-20-2006, 06:37 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Vorsteiner C Class Vented Hood

We have already been developing a Vented Hood for the Mercedes C Class and many other models which will be released early next year through our distributor Evosport.

We do not recommend copying or molding off any of our products as it is a violation of our intellectual property.

Please contact us or Evosport if you have any further questions.

Regards,

_peter

Old 12-21-2006, 01:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 C-Class Sportcoupe
Originally Posted by Vorsteiner
We have already been developing a Vented Hood for the Mercedes C Class and many other models which will be released early next year through our distributor Evosport.

We do not recommend copying or molding off any of our products as it is a violation of our intellectual property.

Regards,

_peter

_peter,

Let me make it clear to you if I have been vague. I have no intention, nor do I plan to copy any Vorsteiner products, or any BMW CSL parts for that matter. There are many types of vented hood designs, louvered or not, and the fact that you are making a vented hood for the W203 does not make it your trademark. I am not a fabricator and I am not selling anything. The sooner you release a carbon fiber hood for the W203 (sedan and coupe) and trademark it, the better for other potential customers. I have no intention of buying anything Vorsteiner because of your threatening post on these forums.
The following users liked this post:
invalidjson (08-20-2022)
Old 12-21-2006, 07:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nissan GT-R cobb/midpipe/ic piping/wastegate actuators/tials

Regards,

_peter

bwahahahaha...u've patented a vented hood? hahahahhaa. who are you trying to kid here? i guess that you're in for tons of law suits seeing as to how dozens of manufacturers already make them.
Old 12-21-2006, 09:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
C55 ///AMG, 535xi
hahah like PETER has said.

they HAVE been developing a carbon fiber hood.

like me. I HAVE been saving up for a Ferarri F430 and mods for it, its just that i'm abt $300k short.

you can "HAVE BEEN" doing something, but never done. and besides, how the F are you going to "trademark" a cf hood. if Vorstiner can mold a stock hood and make it CF. pshek and his fabricators can MOLD a stock hood, make it CF and and the exact same louvers as vorstiener and place it 1mm off. its still a "different hood"
The following users liked this post:
invalidjson (08-20-2022)
Old 12-21-2006, 10:09 AM
Banned

Regards,

_peter

Hopefully this includes a C-coupe hood, yet I somehow doubt it.

pshek, how is the progress on your hood going?
Old 12-25-2006, 04:13 AM

c240 and 69 cadi cdv conv
for anyone wanting a CF hood, why not just contact fiber images and buy one direct, they are located in palmdale ca, I know these guys and they're work is badass, they can also make em in diffent colors using carbonkevlar, hmmmm i'm wondering how a black and yellow weave would look on my car, it might match up with my brakes nicely
Old 12-25-2006, 03:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2002 C230K, 2013 BMW 328, 2015 BMW X5
Originally Posted by advans
hahah like PETER has said.

they HAVE been developing a carbon fiber hood.

like me. I HAVE been saving up for a Ferarri F430 and mods for it, its just that i'm abt $300k short.

you can "HAVE BEEN" doing something, but never done. and besides, how the F are you going to "trademark" a cf hood. if Vorstiner can mold a stock hood and make it CF. pshek and his fabricators can MOLD a stock hood, make it CF and and the exact same louvers as vorstiener and place it 1mm off. its still a "different hood"
Hey Advans and Pshek, I have no beef with you guys at all. But as far as copying someone elses design, yes you can make it different, but it needs to be substantially different. I'm just huge anti knock off. ESPECIALLY, when someone simply molds from another established product.

E
Old 12-25-2006, 08:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 C-Class Sportcoupe
Originally Posted by emrliquidlife
Hey Advans and Pshek, I have no beef with you guys at all. But as far as copying someone elses design, yes you can make it different, but it needs to be substantially different. I'm just huge anti knock off. ESPECIALLY, when someone simply molds from another established product.

E
FYI, I am not going to fabricate hoods at this point because of lack of interest and/or not enough people willing to put down enough deposit. I am not able to invest any more of my own resources into it. Therefore, it is being put on indefinite hold. If others really want a CF hood, you should first ask Fiber Images if they will make more from their original mold. However, I recall others asking them and being told they will not make more. Try asking other fabricators, but most in the US are asking a few grand just to make the mold.

Emrliquidlife, you are incorrect by inferring that I planned on making a direct copy of these coupe parts. I never said I would make an exact copy. My parts are all custom, ie different from their counterparts. I am not doing this to make money. First and foremost, I am only fabricating custom parts for my car. When they are done, I was going to ask how many people would be interested in acquiring them. I am NOT selling anything at this point, and they would never be a replica. Emrliquidlife, read my own previous posts; I did not say that I am molding from another established product. I wish all the rest you the best of luck with your coupe and happy modding. Merry Christmas!!!
Old 12-26-2006, 01:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2002 C230K, 2013 BMW 328, 2015 BMW X5
FYI, I am not going to fabricate hoods at this point because of lack of interest and/or not enough people willing to put down enough deposit. I am not able to invest any more of my own resources into it. Therefore, it is being put on indefinite hold. If others really want a CF hood, you should first ask Fiber Images if they will make more from their original mold. However, I recall others asking them and being told they will not make more. Try asking other fabricators, but most in the US are asking a few grand just to make the mold.

Emrliquidlife, you are incorrect by inferring that I planned on making a direct copy of these coupe parts. I never said I would make an exact copy. My parts are all custom, ie different from their counterparts. I am not doing this to make money. First and foremost, I am only fabricating custom parts for my car. When they are done, I was going to ask how many people would be interested in acquiring them. I am NOT selling anything at this point, and they would never be a replica. Emrliquidlife, read my own previous posts; I did not say that I am molding from another established product. I wish all the rest you the best of luck with your coupe and happy modding. Merry Christmas!!!
Phsek, you got the wrong idea, I am commenting on the Brabus lip that Advans knows about. The Vorsteiner hood is something that to my knowledge has not even been done.

I'm voicing my opinion, no accusing anyone of anything to include accusing YOU of molding from another companies work. This goes to the knock off Brabus lip.

E