Classifieds The classifieds listings have been archived, create a listing in our new Marketplace!

Watches...Patek Philippe and Panerai

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-04-2007, 03:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 Audi S5 Cabriolet 3.0T
Watches...Patek Philippe and Panerai

Brand new, never worn.

Rare and exclusive watches.

Friend is selling.

Look at the auctions.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...0043&rd=1&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=330081727541
Old 02-04-2007, 04:31 PM

A Car
nice watches- wish i could afford them
Old 02-04-2007, 05:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Stage 2 C7 A6, QX60
wow
nice, but i rather spend 50k on something else
like another car, i would just never spend that much on a watch

besides, i can't afford those types of watches now..haha
Old 02-04-2007, 07:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 27 Likes on 8 Posts
‘23 EQS AMG
...if anyone's interested. i've got 3 Rolex's. 2 Daytona and 1 Submarine.
Old 02-04-2007, 10:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK500/Range Rover HSE/E55 AMG/Bmw 328Xi coupe/BMW 4.8x/Bmw 335i/GS350/Audi S5/E350
Originally Posted by fstblckpresiden
...if anyone's interested. i've got 3 Rolex's. 2 Daytona and 1 Submarine.
I heard they were fake.....
Old 02-04-2007, 11:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 27 Likes on 8 Posts
‘23 EQS AMG
Originally Posted by x-tian-230k
I heard they were fake.....
everything is authentic, except for the brain inside the watches.
Old 02-04-2007, 11:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
2006 E55 and 2002 E320
Sorry to say this, but I'm not sure we have that many watch collectors on this forum. Besides, Patek is for a very mature audience; ie, not the audience that melts for a Rolex.

Beautiful watches give your friend a tip to include the paperwork of the watches in his pictures.

To all; I have a Scatola Del Tempo watch winder for sale if anyone's interested. Now, this one will work with Rolex or any automatic watch for that matter, you don't have to have a Patek to put in it.

Last edited by patrick_y; 02-04-2007 at 11:33 PM.
Old 02-04-2007, 11:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 and 2002 E320
Originally Posted by yeuchau
wow
nice, but i rather spend 50k on something else
like another car, i would just never spend that much on a watch

besides, i can't afford those types of watches now..haha
I hear you man. Trust me, don't get into Patek watches. Once you get into them, it's forever a downwards spiral of constantly collecting more and more of them.

It's worst than modding!

I'm a fountain pen collector myself. Don't get into that neither. It's more expensive than smoking, doing drugs, gambling, and all the sins combined!
Old 02-05-2007, 12:20 PM

2014 Audi S5 Cabriolet 3.0T
Maybe somewone with a 65 is looking for some other way to **** away money...

Thought Id try.
Old 02-05-2007, 01:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 84 Likes on 63 Posts
'14 E63s Estate, '21 RR P525, '22 GMC 2500, '23 G63
post a pic of the winder and the price? is it a single, double, or triple?
Old 02-05-2007, 03:12 PM

SL65 AMG
Originally Posted by MHPHOCKEY
Maybe somewone with a 65 is looking for some other way to **** away money...

Thought Id try.
What does that mean?
Old 02-05-2007, 04:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 and 2002 E320
Originally Posted by baldmike73
post a pic of the winder and the price? is it a single, double, or triple?
https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...t=watch+winder

That's the ad for my watch winder. It is a single watch winder. Not selling my triple even though I never use it. I planned on using this one for travelling but I never really needed to take another watch with me.

Last edited by patrick_y; 02-05-2007 at 04:55 PM.
Old 02-05-2007, 05:04 PM

Mercedes is gone physically, but still in my heart.
And I thought my Tag Heuer Tiger Woods Limited Edition watch was nice, not to mention fairly expensive

This is a whole different ball game. I haven't heard of these, anyone care to tell me about them?
Old 02-05-2007, 08:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 and 2002 E320
Originally Posted by C240Style
And I thought my Tag Heuer Tiger Woods Limited Edition watch was nice, not to mention fairly expensive

This is a whole different ball game. I haven't heard of these, anyone care to tell me about them?
Trust me, you don't want to know. If I told you half of what I knew about wristwatches, you'd be going to rob a bank just to fund your watch acquisition. Stick to cars, they're usually cheaper.

As you said, it's an entirely different ball game. Even for Rolex users, Patek is out of their league - except for those who own both Patek and Rolex.

Patek makes simply some of the most interesting and complicated mechanical watches in the world that few people can appreciate. It's like Opera, takes a specific clientèle to appreciate. Honestly, it's all a bunch of excess, but we watch collectors like excess because they're more difficult to make and to design.

That's Patek in a nutshell, complicated.

Last edited by patrick_y; 02-05-2007 at 08:08 PM.
Old 02-05-2007, 08:24 PM

Mercedes is gone physically, but still in my heart.
Actually, I'm still kind of interested. I'll be buying into the family jewelry business and I could always use all the knowledge I can get based on the customer's review. Unfortunately I still need to go to school to really learn about all of the stones, but it'll be done soon enough.
Old 02-06-2007, 12:56 AM

05 C55, 01 C240, 00 Discovery
Well if anyone is interested in a nautilius my father has one bought in 1990's yellow gold with small diamonds in the hour marks so if anyone is interested i know he will let it go at a decent price..
Old 02-06-2007, 02:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 and 2002 E320
Originally Posted by C240Style
Actually, I'm still kind of interested. I'll be buying into the family jewelry business and I could always use all the knowledge I can get based on the customer's review. Unfortunately I still need to go to school to really learn about all of the stones, but it'll be done soon enough.
I'm glad that you're willing to learn. Unfortunately, there's no GIA course to learn about wristwatches and the market preferences for them are. You need to hire consultants for that.

I'd be an inexpensive lifestyle consultant and wristwatch expert should you wish to hire one. Trust me, you'll need to know at least the basics of high end wristwatches to get into the jewelry business... Unless you want to be like those used car salesmen who know nothing about what they're selling and then complain that they don't have clients.
Old 02-06-2007, 06:16 AM
Almost a Member!

is a ///AMG badged CL500.
good luck with the sale. i'm a watch collector myself. i have a panerai tantalium. breitling superavenger. rolex submariner. tag heuer 2000 series mid(first watch for my 15th birthday). only celebrities and millionaires could afford patek phillipe. in my opinion
Old 02-06-2007, 07:53 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
19 Ferrari 488 Spyder, 19 911 Speedster, 19 Merc s63cab, 17 P Cayenne turbo, 16 Boxster Spyder,
Originally Posted by amgluvr
good luck with the sale. i'm a watch collector myself. i have a panerai tantalium. breitling superavenger. rolex submariner. tag heuer 2000 series mid(first watch for my 15th birthday). only celebrities and millionaires could afford patek phillipe. in my opinion
They make 'beaters' too. I sleep, shower and generally putz around with my 5065 without worries.
Old 02-06-2007, 08:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Eurocharged 2004 E500, Eurocharged ECU/TCU 2005 SL600, 2010 Caddy SwaggerWagon
Originally Posted by patrick_y
Trust me, you don't want to know. If I told you half of what I knew about wristwatches, you'd be going to rob a bank just to fund your watch acquisition. Stick to cars, they're usually cheaper.

As you said, it's an entirely different ball game. Even for Rolex users, Patek is out of their league - except for those who own both Patek and Rolex.

Patek makes simply some of the most interesting and complicated mechanical watches in the world that few people can appreciate. It's like Opera, takes a specific clientèle to appreciate. Honestly, it's all a bunch of excess, but we watch collectors like excess because they're more difficult to make and to design.

That's Patek in a nutshell, complicated.

He's telling the truth. I have a Rolex Sub, and a Cartier Pasha. My wife has a Rolex mid-size Datejust with diamond dial and diamond bezel plus an older Rolex OysterDate plus a Baume et Marcier and a Raymond Weil. That's 3 Rolexes, a Cartier and 2 mid level watches for those keeping score and most Patek's are waaaaaay out of my budget. They're stupid expensive! But man, are they gorgeous timepieces.
Old 02-06-2007, 01:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 and 2002 E320
Originally Posted by Benz-O-Rama
He's telling the truth. I have a Rolex Sub, and a Cartier Pasha. My wife has a Rolex mid-size Datejust with diamond dial and diamond bezel plus an older Rolex OysterDate plus a Baume et Marcier and a Raymond Weil. That's 3 Rolexes, a Cartier and 2 mid level watches for those keeping score and most Patek's are waaaaaay out of my budget. They're stupid expensive! But man, are they gorgeous timepieces.
Thanks, I'll take that as a compliment. I know my watches.

By the way, the Cartier Pasha watches are one of the few good Cartier watch from a collector's standpoint. Most of the modern day Tank watches are no longer appreciated. For those of you who don't know the history of Cartier watches, their Tank square watch is the most famous from the 1920s and 1930s Art Deco period. Unfortunately, I stay away from Cartier because they're not a "manufacture" which means they don't produce their watches in house.

Just a suggestion; be wary of Baume Mercier and Raymond Weil. They're excellent watches but unfortunately they're not terribly appreciated to the same esteem as Rolex.

I don't want to downplay Rolex. Rolex is perhaps the best watch for the money. It's simple, reliable, and easy/cheap to maintain. The servicing on a Patek costs twice as much as a Rolex. Besides, you can't take a Patek camping, you can take a Rolex camping. Rolex is also a solid investment.

My favorite wristwatch company is Jaeger-LeCoultre. Unfortunately, they don't appreciate very much either. Although their technical know-how is paramount. Plus they have the funding and backing of Richemont for the most pioneering equipment.

This is how you buy watches. First watch, buy a Rolex. Honestly, stop here, because a Rolex is all anyone needs. Second, buy a Jaeger. Third, acquire a Patek. Notice my rhetoric when I said "acquire" instead of "buy".

I don't want to advertise for Rolex either. Rolex wristwatches are great watches. It's just unfortunate that it is often (not you Benz-O-Rama but often enough) coveted by super-ignorant people who think Rolex is the best wristwatch in the world and are bragging they own a Rolex wristwatch.

It's definitely one of the best watches money can buy (arguably better than my favorite Jaeger-LeCoultre) and it's more practical than a Patek. Once again, it's the clientele that Rolex owners are associated with. It's not what it used to be.

If you own a Rolex, be happy you have a good watch. Just don't brag to me about it because you'll just be proving how ignorant and unknowledgeable you are. There are some good examples here on this forum about what I am referring to. Makes me almost wish I had skipped my first rule on buying/acquiring wristwatches (mentioned in the end of my last post).
Old 02-06-2007, 02:45 PM
Super Moderator

Received 58 Likes on 16 Posts
2019 GT3 RS, 2017 M3 30 Jahre
MHPHOCKEY, beautiful watches, I wish I was in the market right now... the Panerai is looking mighty good.

Patrick, if you go on the off-topic forum, you'll see that MANY members have great knowledge about watches and have amazing collections. There are MULTIPLE threads that talk about various watches and Patek and JLC are often brought into the subject of conversation. You speak in a tone like you're the only one that knows about watches. Don't you think that many of the people on the forum that are driving cars more than triple the price of your car know about fine watches? (I think you've formed this perception due to the lack of sales of your watch winder. Frankly, I've seen what you've been trying to sell and everything is a tad bit pricey, especially when you can go into a store and purchase the same one or have them order it for basically the same price. You're trying to sell brochures for christ-sake!)

People who purchase the higher end watches try to be a little bit low-key with regards to them. Most don't really feel the need to "impress" upon people online with their knowledge... While you're spouting out knowledge, you failed to mention the other "major" brands such as A Lange and Sohne, Franck Muller, Audemars Piguet, Vacheron Constantin, etc.

I'll agree with you on one thing, that is Rolex doesn't have close to the clientele that it had before and that's because of its huge media exposure and commonality in many parts of society but they're still great watches (except for the datejust). However, I wouldn't recommend it as a first watch, nor would I recommend it to someone who wants to be different. Nor do I agree with your "acquire" mentality.

Personally, if I saw you wearing a JLC in your C (even though I have the same car), I wouldn't believe it or I'd laugh (especially since you're just out of high school). I remember seeing one guy while I was in school wearing a Rolex Submariner and getting into a Kia... It has to fit the person and as much as you try, you're simply not there yet.
Old 02-06-2007, 05:04 PM

Received 131 Likes on 87 Posts
2021 E63S Wagon 2019 S63 AMG Coupé 2015 S Coupé Edition 1 1970 Chevelle LS5
I have owned, actually gone through many fine watches in the last few years. I've recently consolidated my collection. nlpamg is right, there are a few of us on this site, and many people who own fine watches are low key about them. Like it's funny to see a guy wearing a $80-100K PP tourbillon going to the mall.
Old 02-06-2007, 05:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 and 2002 E320
Yikes, sorry if I sounded like a know it all. Thanks Phil for pointing that out. I didn't sprout out that much knowledge, just some personal thoughts for C240Style to consider, I mostly just gave a lot of opinions and personal advice. I think I'm fairly low key here, I didn't imply that I use a Patek Philippe or Panerai.

I disagree about on your statement about people who drive expensive cars know about fine watches; there are a lot of people who own much more expensive cars than I do who don't know anything about watches and vice versa. There is a person who drives a Nissan Maxima that has an impressive watch collection. You never really can tell...

Regarding the other brands you mentioned; I'm quite familiar. Don't want to sound like a know it all again here, but there are specific reasons why I didn't mention any of them mainly because their lack of "manufacture" status and part sharing. Frank Muller doesn't make movements. AP buys a few types of movements from Breguet. Glashutte and A Langhe Sohne are the famous German watch makers but don't appreciate in value steadily. And personally I just never liked Vacheron Constatin.

Once again, I'm human, I have biases, and I'm more prone to mention the watch firms that I favor than those that I don't. Honestly, there's even a fault with Jaeger LeCoultre, my favorite company (slow servicing).

As for me not being "there" yet, allow me to humbly remind you that you haven't met me in person yet, and if you did, you might think otherwise. However, I agree with you that it's not fitting for a student to be wearing a JLC on their wrist while still being so young. But let me say in my defense, I truly appreciate Jaeger wristwatches and they're rather inconspicuous (not very many people know of them) and they're low-key compared to Rolex.

There are some people who have passions for things such as fountain pens, wristwatches, sports cars, and the arts. Unfortunately, these passions are not to be suppressed based on age.

I'll take your advice and go see the Off Topic forum and see if anyone has mentioned Pierre Kuntz wristwatches which often feature a fly-back second hand.
Old 02-06-2007, 05:57 PM
Super Moderator

Received 58 Likes on 16 Posts
2019 GT3 RS, 2017 M3 30 Jahre
Originally Posted by patrick_y
Yikes, sorry if I sounded like a know it all. Thanks Phil for pointing that out. I didn't sprout out that much knowledge, just some personal thoughts for C240Style to consider, I mostly just gave a lot of opinions and personal advice. I think I'm fairly low key here, I'm simply sharing my opinion; I didn't even imply that I use a Patek Philippe or Panerai.

I disagree about on your statement about people who drive expensive cars know about fine watches; there are a lot of people who own much more expensive cars than I do who don't know anything about watches and vice versa. There is a person who drives a Nissan Maxima that has an impressive watch collection. You never really can tell...

Regarding the other brands you mentioned; I'm quite familiar. Don't want to sound like a know it all again here, but there are specific reasons why I didn't mention any of them mainly because their lack of "manufacture" status and part sharing. Frank Muller doesn't make movements. AP buys a few types of movements from Breguet. Glashutte and A Langhe Sohne are the famous German watch makers but don't appreciate in value steadily. And personally I just never liked Vacheron Constatin.

Once again, I'm human, I have biases, and I'm more prone to mention the watch firms that I favor than those that I don't. Honestly, there's even a fault with Jaeger LeCoultre, my favorite company. Their service is slow and expensive, they don't appreciate (not even the special ones) very proficiently, and nowadays they're overpriced.

As for me not being "there" yet, allow me to humbly remind you that you haven't met me in person yet, and if you did, you might think otherwise. However, I agree with you that it's not fitting for a student to be wearing a JLC on their wrist while still being so young. But let me say in my defense, I truly appreciate Jaeger wristwatches and they're rather inconspicuous (not very many people know of them) and they suit me very well since they fit my wrist, I appreciate the movement, etc. It's also definitely low-key since people who don't know wristwatches won't recognize it, so its lower-key than a Rolex even since Rolex is easily recognized.

There are some people who have passions for things such as fountain pens, wristwatches, sports cars, and the arts. Unfortunately, these passions are not to be suppressed based on age.

I'll take your advice and go see the Off Topic forum and see if anyone has mentioned Pierre Kuntz wristwatches. Although I'm not a fan, it's rare to see a watch with a flyback second hand.
Patrick, I'm basing my impressions of you not being at the JLC level from what I've seen and heard from and about you. I think if you were one of those kids driving an E55 to school I'd believe it, but frankly you're not. Furthermore, you're trying to sell burned CD's for like $5 and brochures, who would do that? I'd just give them away to members who wanted them. But, I won't belabor the issue...

Yes, everyone has different tastes, if I saw someone with a PP or JLC in a Maxima I think I'd laugh and say buy a better car first before getting one of those, I guess people have different priorities.

As for JLC, I'm only a fan of the Reverso, I almost bought a Reverso Grande Date and the salesman was trying to sell me the Titanium Aston Martin Memovox, but I did not like the styling of the Memovox (although the alarm was pretty cool) at all and the Reverso was too small. If you were here in So. Cal. you'd see them in many many mall stores and more people than you think know what they are...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Watches...Patek Philippe and Panerai