Classifieds The classifieds listings have been archived, create a listing in our new Marketplace!

Wtb - Sprintbooster - 451a

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-28-2007, 08:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
06' BMW M3
Wtb - Sprintbooster - 451a

Hey everyone,after reading a lot of "testimonies" on the SB I'm looking to buy one(451A).I would like to buy it new/used locally(SoCal).The reason being is I closed my old PayPal account about 6 months ago and I really don't want to re-open one.Most "sites" that I've seen that sell the SB require a "confirmed address"(PayPal)to do the deal.Anyone with one or can suggest an alternative solution I'm all ears.I'm just throwing this out there,if I have to re-open a PP account I will,but I see no harm in exploring this route first.

Btw this is a great site,I'm learning so much about my car,thanks for listening.
Phin
Old 05-29-2007, 09:26 PM

06' BMW M3
Bump
Old 05-29-2007, 10:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
magLipVE
not really, but why did you close your paypal account? sorry, i work for ebay/paypal and just curious.
Old 05-29-2007, 10:27 PM

06' BMW M3
Originally Posted by spinsonic
not really, but why did you close your paypal account? sorry, i work for ebay/paypal and just curious.
ya buzzkill,thought I had me a SB lol! Anyway a few months back,on another MB(message bopard) I hangout at,one of the guys was telling us about his nightmare with Paypal and the bank account it was "attached" to.I just got scare because I was using the same bank and bottom line is I only used it 5 or 6 times the whole time I had it.It was a knee jerk reaction I know,but I do feel better having less personal information on the web in general.
Old 05-31-2007, 01:37 PM

Hi Phin, i'm in southern california as well and I will be getting myself a sprintbooster. If you'd like I can order one for you... just offering. I dont think anyone with a sprintbooster would want to sell it after seeing how much better the throttle response is
Old 05-31-2007, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by spinsonic
Not trying to hijack the thread - get this guy a Sprintbooster! - but I have had bad PayPal experiences and so have acquaintances of mine. The issue lies with the tying of the PayPal account directly to your bank account. If you sell something, a shady buyer can simply claim that they never got it. Then PayPal pulls the money from your account and there is nothing you can do about it. You are left without the item you sold AND the money (this has happened to people I know), and you have no recompense because PayPal became as unresponsive as eBay once eBay bought them. I've been a PayPal customer since the company started, and the only way around this is to become "unverified" and use it only through a credit card. Then, you have protection from your credit card company.

PayPal also charges to the seller too high a percentage of the sale.
Old 05-31-2007, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by m3_eater
Not trying to hijack the thread - get this guy a Sprintbooster! - but I have had bad PayPal experiences and so have acquaintances of mine. The issue lies with the tying of the PayPal account directly to your bank account. If you sell something, a shady buyer can simply claim that they never got it. Then PayPal pulls the money from your account and there is nothing you can do about it. You are left without the item you sold AND the money (this has happened to people I know), and you have no recompense because PayPal became as unresponsive as eBay once eBay bought them. I've been a PayPal customer since the company started, and the only way around this is to become "unverified" and use it only through a credit card. Then, you have protection from your credit card company.

PayPal also charges to the seller too high a percentage of the sale.
I think it's just those people that fall for the stupid phishing scams. I've been a paypal member since 2001 and had always had my bank account tied into my paypal account and never had any issues. But then again I am extremely **** about how things go down... any hint of shadiness I don't deal.
Old 05-31-2007, 03:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 Weistec 3.0L SC'd C55, 2006 MaxPsi PT6466 Turbo'd M3, 2019 Maserati GTS , 2020Alfa Quadrifoglio
I've got a BD451A for sale.

I'm ambivalent about selling it but will take $240 if you pick it up in Irvine, CA.

It's brand new with box although I tried it and my SC'd C55 is a beast with it, however it's hell on gas mileage for me.
Old 05-31-2007, 08:54 PM

06' BMW M3
Originally Posted by AMGSC
I'm ambivalent about selling it but will take $240 if you pick it up in Irvine, CA.

It's brand new with box although I tried it and my SC'd C55 is a beast with it, however it's hell on gas mileage for me.

PM sent

thank you,
Phin
Old 07-12-2007, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by Phin
PM sent

thank you,
Phin

Well, what do think of SB?
A few of us on another site have them.
Old 07-12-2007, 04:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG & RRS S/C
anymore for sale?
i need one as well.
the AMG version please.
Old 08-07-2007, 02:18 AM
Banned

06' Clk 500 Cabriolet, 01' CL 55, 00' Clk 430
I'll sell mine amg sprint booster for $300 shipped !!!!!!!!