Classifieds The classifieds listings have been archived, create a listing in our new Marketplace!

FS-Euro Springs for W202

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-30-2003, 11:59 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1999 C43 AMG
FS-Euro Springs for W202

I recently purchased the "Euro Spec AMG" springs from Gert in Belgium. (Excellent and fast service by Gert Carnewal, BTW!) I put them on, and put about 60 miles on them and don't like them. They lowered the car about 3/4 of an inch.

Anybody want them...$300+shipping...or offer. I paid about $350 for them. Again, almost brand new with only 60 miles on them. I'm either going back to my H&R's or would consider trade for slightly used eibach's. I'm in the SF Bay Area.
Thanks
Old 06-02-2003, 02:47 PM

Looking for a set. Gert quoted me $295 USD shipping included.

I have a set of eibach's right now on my 1997 C36. I plan on swapping for the Euro AMG spring. Eibach used for about 3 weeks now.

Maybe we can do a straight swap?
Old 06-02-2003, 04:39 PM
Almost a Member!

1999 C43 AMG
Narci,
That just might work! (BTW, double check that $295. Gert gave me the same quote, but 295 in Euro's. If you do the conversion, it comes to a bit less than $350.US, and yes, including shipping. Considering he's in Europe, he's pretty fast.) I copied and pasted the email of his quote to me.

Where are you located? What is your current set up as far as wheels, tires, springs, and shims? From the stock height, how many inches do you think the Eibach's lowered you? Do you have any pics? I'm very interested. Please feel free to email directly at: naim.bey@hillsdale.com

Na'im

"Hi Na'im,

We sell the springs and can ship them anywhere in the world.

For example, the price for the front and rear C36 AMG springs is 295 Euro shipping to the US included. The firmness of the springs depends on the options like sunroof, gearbox, airco etc...

We can have them in 1-2 days.
Shipping usually takes 2-3 days.

Thanks,
Gert"
Old 06-02-2003, 06:49 PM

Ahhhh ok....missed the Euro part haha.

I'm in Canada..Toronto actually. I'm mostly on bznsport site under the name Rocky.

The stock set up was #3 pads up front and #2 pads out back.

Now with the Eibach/Bilstein sport combo, it dropped over 2 inches. with #2 pads up front and #3 pads out back. The rear is slightly tucked and the front is perfec where the sidwall meets the fender.

It sits too low for my liking.

Problem is how do we swap srpings when they are on the car? hahahaha
Old 06-02-2003, 06:56 PM

Bad quality photos..took them with my cell phone.
Attached Thumbnails FS-Euro Springs for W202-image028.jpg  
Old 06-02-2003, 06:57 PM

The car sits lower the it show in the pictures.
Attached Thumbnails FS-Euro Springs for W202-image030.jpg  
Old 06-02-2003, 07:25 PM
Almost a Member!

1999 C43 AMG
Narci,
You look low. It looks great. Something about the C36 kit...its so much more "cleaner" looking than the C43. Good point about trying to trade, although I have a set of H&R's i can put the car on.

My problem is i had a similar set up but used H&R Sport, stock shocks, and the same # pads front and rear. I recently got 19's, the thickest shims, and still rubbed frequently on turns and moderate bumps. The thicker shims only got me, at best, a 1/2 inch up. I was under the impression that Eibach didn't go as low as H&R, so I wanted to try them, again, with the thicker shims. But looking at your car, you look as low as I was with my H&R's and thin pads. Attach is a pic of my car with H&R and thin pads. Again, it looks "bangin" but not driveable. Let me know what you think.

Na'im
Old 06-02-2003, 08:19 PM
Almost a Member!

1999 C43 AMG
why can't i attach?
Attached Thumbnails FS-Euro Springs for W202-mercedes.jpg  
Old 06-02-2003, 08:50 PM

Yours look lower then mine.

Remember, i'm using #2 shims up front and #3's out back. I can't put a finger in the rear but i can put a finger in the front wheel well.

And yes, H&R are suppose to lower more. Rubbing..it all depends on what size rim, offset and tires you use.

The ride with sport shocks and the eibach is very very close to stock. I was surprised at how comfortable it is. You H7R combo with stock shocks and 19 inch rims must be a harsh ride.

I don't plan to to upgrade rims so the eurospec ones will do me fine. plus i drive mine in the winter.

Wait a sec..what year is your C43? ok wait..i check the eibach website...same part # for the spring.

let me know if we can work something out.

BTW, your car is beautiful.
Old 06-03-2003, 12:24 AM

1998 C43
4ME:

You are right, a C36 kit looks cleaner on the car. A 43 kit looks best on a black car. Reason being, the curves and lines arent as noticable on the black car. I totall felt the same way till I saw my car in person. btw, looks like you are missing the jack-mount cover in the rear.

I am sporting H&R's on 18 Mono's too. My car tucks in the rear (slightly) and my front looks like maybe a finer gap between fender and tire. I rub every now and then, and have located the sources and how to fix it. My right wheel is rubbing against the plastic fender lining, and is rubbing some fender on large dips. I am gonig to replace my shocks and roll my fenders a little more.

narci: good luck with your project. I know you;ve been working on this for awhile. you know, oyur back wheel looks sooooo small! looks like a different size!

Regards

DLS

Last edited by Denlasoul; 06-03-2003 at 12:28 AM.
Old 06-03-2003, 02:15 AM
Almost a Member!

1999 C43 AMG
Denlasoul:
You noticed the cap, huh? I had just put on the wheels and backed out of the garage...was too excited about the way it looked to notice that at the time.

I believe you and I are rubbing in that same area, where the fender meets the (i believe its) fiberglass strip, which begins the AMG kit. The piece your talking about is just inside the fender, right? What we did was use a round spinning power sander (hooked up to a compressor) and sanded it down. It sounds scary, but its sooo easy. We shaved it so that its flush with the rest of the fender. It came off like butter, really! I've seen your ride...that black is it!!! I got silver because i can fake the car being clean alot better than you can...hahaha!

Did you by any chance catch the rest of the thread? What do you think about me trying Eibach to gain more clearance?

Bey
Old 06-05-2003, 06:14 PM

?
Old 02-09-2006, 11:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

91' 300e // 99 300e TD // 00' ML55 AMG
c43 kit is waaaaaayyyy nicer than c36... are u kidding me?? haha and the c43 is beautiful in both black and silver,, im partial to silver....... pfff