Classifieds The classifieds listings have been archived, create a listing in our new Marketplace!

HID Upgrade bulbs for Bi-Xenon

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-30-2003, 06:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E500
HID Upgrade bulbs for Bi-Xenon

I just got a few sets it to try out. I got a hold of a couple sets of upgrade bulbs for the bi-xenon lighting configuration. These are 8000k Stage III upgrade bulbs, I just installed a set in my W211 E500 and the difference is phenomenal. I got looks all night long. They really stand out. I would guess they are at least 40% brighter than stock HIDs and maybe 25% more blue in color, almost violet looking. My buddy's 996 turbo's HIDs pale in comparison. Selling them for $350 a set shipped including insurance, will get more if there is a demand and prices might be a little lower. Please email me at OGBenzoCA@aol.com for pictures and more info. Note: bulbs are warranteed for 3 yrs from manufacturer. They are made by Miyatomi, a Japanese OEM bulb manufacturer.
Old 08-30-2003, 11:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
W213 '17 E43 ///AMG - W211, W208 no more
Re: HID Upgrade bulbs for Bi-Xenon

Originally posted by OGBenzo
I just got a few sets it to try out. I got a hold of a couple sets of upgrade bulbs for the bi-xenon lighting configuration. These are 8000k Stage III upgrade bulbs, I just installed a set in my W211 E500 and the difference is phenomenal. I got looks all night long. They really stand out. I would guess they are at least 40% brighter than stock HIDs and maybe 25% more blue in color, almost violet looking. My buddy's 996 turbo's HIDs pale in comparison. Selling them for $350 a set shipped including insurance, will get more if there is a demand and prices might be a little lower. Please email me at OGBenzoCA@aol.com for pictures and more info. Note: bulbs are warranteed for 3 yrs from manufacturer. They are made by Miyatomi, a Japanese OEM bulb manufacturer.
FYI, 8000K xenon bulbs are in no way brighter than stock 4300K or 5000K bulbs.

The misperception about 6000 or 8000K bulbs is that the light comes out bluer and everyone automatically thinks that they are brighter.

as a matter of fact, they aren't... they are more likely to reduce luminance by about 25%. that and anything over 5000K light will emit enormous amounts of glare for oncoming traffic & cars in front of you... glare from headlights are the number one cause for eye fatigue for other drivers... so do everyone a favor by not installing those 8000K bulbs...

it may look nice, but they are not nearly as functional, and are dangerous for vehicles around you as compared to stock Xenons
Old 08-30-2003, 01:56 PM

13 S550 4Matic
Yep........same lumens of output just a different kelvin temp which makes them easier to see just exactly where they are lighting up which is them percieved as brighter. So technically it isn't any brighter, but just seems like it.

Also I can get these shipped to your door for $250. Not trying to upstage you bud, but let the big dogs play this game hahaha

Last edited by CiLKY; 08-30-2003 at 05:18 PM.
Old 08-30-2003, 07:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by CiLKY
Yep........same lumens of output just a different kelvin temp which makes them easier to see just exactly where they are lighting up which is them percieved as brighter. So technically it isn't any brighter, but just seems like it.

Also I can get these shipped to your door for $250. Not trying to upstage you bud, but let the big dogs play this game hahaha
thats a good price Jeremy... but I still think with the added color dye, the lumens will be reduced just a tad...

either case, those ulbs will create a lot of glare for oncoming traffic & cars ahead of you...
Old 08-30-2003, 09:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1986 560SEL, 97 BMW 740iL
I had well, HID kits installed on both my Benzs. No problem with glaring on the coupe, because nobody flashed me yet. On the 560SEL, I got flashed a couple times after installation, and I went home lower the aim point and nobody flash me anymore. But I have seen xenon equiped trucks, wow, they are pretty aiming pretty high due to their heights. That caused more blinding than on a Audi or Mercedes with xenon.
Old 08-30-2003, 11:57 PM

13 S550 4Matic
Yeah Danny I have a pretty good setup.... actually the 8000k don't have any dye in or on them. They are clear just like the 4300k bulbs......now some 8000k bulbs do use a dye to achieve the color which in effect cuts out everything but the blue light, but not mine.

They are different and can be spotted a mile away. A friend just put a set in his 01 S4 and he loves em.
Old 08-31-2003, 02:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by CiLKY
Yeah Danny I have a pretty good setup.... actually the 8000k don't have any dye in or on them. They are clear just like the 4300k bulbs......now some 8000k bulbs do use a dye to achieve the color which in effect cuts out everything but the blue light, but not mine.

They are different and can be spotted a mile away. A friend just put a set in his 01 S4 and he loves em.
hmm... maybe when my bulbs go out (whenever the hell that will be), i'll look you up to get some nice brigt replacements..

and you know I gotta ask... so, do you have any pics of before and after comparing the diff xenons?
Old 08-31-2003, 07:52 PM

E500
Bubls

I think because of the projector housing on E class that it doesnt produce as much glare or have height problems. I had the same bulbs on my Lexus GS400 and I get flashed all night long. On the E, I havent had one person flash me yet, all they do is stare.

I dont know about the $250 bulbs. But the ones I got are the same brand I had on my Lexus and I had them on the Lexus for 2 yrs and the color never faded nor the brightness. Also this brand gives a 2 yr unconditional warranty, which most bulb manufacturers neglect to give. As long as the bulb isnt broken, meaning the glass is still intact, they will replace it for free for 2 yrs. Thats pretty good considering most ppl give only 3-6 months warranty.

Last edited by OGBenzo; 08-31-2003 at 07:56 PM.
Old 08-31-2003, 07:57 PM

E500
here is the pic

Here is the difference between the stock xenon and the new one.
Attached Thumbnails HID Upgrade bulbs for Bi-Xenon-light2.jpg  
Old 08-31-2003, 07:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Re: here is the pic

Originally posted by OGBenzo
Here is the difference between the stock xenon and the new one.
that is a nice color... not too blue... definitely an aesthetic upgrade compared to the stock xenon colors..