Classifieds The classifieds listings have been archived, create a listing in our new Marketplace!

SL350 for sale...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-05-2004, 02:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMW 535d Touring
SL350 for sale...

My car is for sale.

Immaculate, most extras bar ABC, best colour (Blue), low miles (6K), COMAND, TV, Auto. Unavailable new at present.

PM me if interested.
Old 05-06-2004, 02:11 PM

BMW 535d Touring
To the PMailer from the USA - I can quote you in Euros or UK Sterling, but not US$.

Which would you prefer and why?
Old 05-06-2004, 05:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MGT, 12 CLS63 Launch
can you send me pics and price to chrisfc923@aol.com. thanks
Old 05-07-2004, 08:21 AM

BMW 535d Touring
Guys,

This is a Right Hand Drive UK spec car.

Are you sure you want details?
Old 05-07-2004, 09:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I had thought about buying your car then I remembered it was a UK Spec car : RHD. No dice.
Old 05-07-2004, 10:51 AM

BMW 535d Touring
Exactly!
Old 05-07-2004, 12:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
SL55 AMG
Your love affair with the SL has been short-lived Mustard, bit like mine really.
Old 05-07-2004, 02:01 PM

SL500
My love affair is still going, but I'm selling it anyway!

Mustard - any luck? Haven't started advertising yet, but thinking of trying the Sunday Times - about 63GBP per Sunday for the basic three line ad. Keep putting it off as I clearly don't really want to sell it......

Got my X5 build slot in Sept. Might dally with a facelift Mini Cooper S in early July until the X5 arrives in end Oct. Its either that or a 100cc Pug Speedfight 2 - which appeals to me but not the missus! Need to get my CBT sorted though.

UK opinions needed on New LR Discovery. X5 threat? It looks cool but still a bit fragile, build quality wise.
Old 05-07-2004, 02:20 PM

My love affair with the 55 is undiminished. I think this is possibly because having been to mainland Europe including Germany several times in the last year I have had plenty of opportunity to use the car's performance. I have at least three trips planned this year too and this car is just so much fun to drive fast, and yet just as competent as a daily driver. Am also looking into UK track days and the Nurburgring.

I am down for a new SLK and will drive both 350 and 55 before deciding whether to buy. On looks alone I am sold already. The decision then is will the SLK be an additional car or a replacement; and if its a replacement, which car will go.
Old 05-07-2004, 02:39 PM

BMW 535d Touring
Originally posted by blueSL
Your love affair with the SL has been short-lived Mustard, bit like mine really.
Yep, a short - lived affair, passionate at times, lusting after others during (like the DB9) but in the end I just can't fully consumate the dalliance. I'm over it.

Can't quite figure it BlueSL. Good car, probably a great car by many standards, but just doesn't do it for me. Maybe I should have had an SL55.

I truly respected my 5-series BMW, which overall did more for us than this one does. (Reckon the M6 will be an awsome car, even limited as it is to 500 bhp).

But apart from great looks, its, I dunno, blousy - a bit tooo much.

But - seeing your DB9 on order has inflamed me again (damn it!). Are YOU sure?

Last edited by Mustard; 05-07-2004 at 03:34 PM.
Old 05-07-2004, 02:51 PM

BMW 535d Touring
Originally posted by NastyAluQuadra
My love affair is still going, but I'm selling it anyway!

Mustard - any luck? Haven't started advertising yet, but thinking of trying the Sunday Times - about 63GBP per Sunday for the basic three line ad. Keep putting it off as I clearly don't really want to sell it......

Got my X5 build slot in Sept. Might dally with a facelift Mini Cooper S in early July until the X5 arrives in end Oct. Its either that or a 100cc Pug Speedfight 2 - which appeals to me but not the missus! Need to get my CBT sorted though.

UK opinions needed on New LR Discovery. X5 threat? It looks cool but still a bit fragile, build quality wise.
Nasty - had the same thoughts for a week or so after my French/Spanish trip - but its passed. Definitely for sale via the Sunday Times.

I too am buying an X5 - but I'll only get to drive it for 4 months a year. Thats a need decision - not exactly driven by desire, practicality rather. Nice car, but the 5-series Touring is far better. The new 535d will be exceptional, so hope this new engine goes in my X5.

But a Pug Speedlight? Retro, sure, but 28 mph top speed? Who are you having it tuned by?

Forgive me for saying so, I would never, ever, buy a Discovery. Driven a few of the last model, including a friends V8 in America and they are truly, truly awful.... Do love that Mini Cooper tho.

Last edited by Mustard; 05-07-2004 at 03:04 PM.
Old 05-07-2004, 02:57 PM

BMW 535d Touring
Originally posted by SL Boy
My love affair with the 55 is undiminished. I think this is possibly because having been to mainland Europe including Germany several times in the last year I have had plenty of opportunity to use the car's performance. I have at least three trips planned this year too and this car is just so much fun to drive fast, and yet just as competent as a daily driver. Am also looking into UK track days and the Nurburgring.

I am down for a new SLK and will drive both 350 and 55 before deciding whether to buy. On looks alone I am sold already. The decision then is will the SLK be an additional car or a replacement; and if its a replacement, which car will go.
I could justify owning and driving an SL55 on the continent for long stretches.

What do you want, after an SL55, with an SLK? I think it looks like a Peugeot CC, but fatter and glitzier.
Old 05-07-2004, 11:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
SL55 AMG
What I love about the Aston - going to a launch at the factory next week - is the lack of fussy styling, how simply the front and rear lights integrate with the car. It also marks the re-launch of the company. I've met their PR guy - Tim Watson - when he was at Ferrari and he has the clearest idea of what building sports cars is all about. For those of you in the UK, I believe it's featured in Top Gear on Sunday.

I agree with the term "blousy". The SL styling is compromised by the need to fit the roof. The rear end looks like it does because it has to and other cars with a similar mechanism look the same, for example the Peugeot 307CC. Rear three-quarter view of the car definitely does not do it for me.

I'll be keeping my SL55 but it will demoted to daily driver and the now aging SL600 will go.
Old 05-08-2004, 05:22 AM

SL500
Its true that the SL will never have the sleek lines of the Aston (DB7, 9 or Vanquish) cos of its roof. The SL still looks the business though, especially in black with AMGs, but I am a bit biased.

I've not looked into it, but would hope the 100cc Speedfight does rather more than 28mph? I hear its alot pokier than the 50cc model with is probably alarmingly slow. I don't know much about 2 wheel transport.....

Mustard, are you sure about the new 535d? I've got some friends who had new model 530d saloons, and they are pretty poor residually. I always like touring models though, and the new 5 is no exception, but you may tire of it. The X5 is better in most ways - they are great (once you get used to them - give it at least 3-4 weeks - you won't then want a touring).

I agree on the Disco - just wondered whether everyone else did. Isn't it awful to dismiss it on past experience though? Errr, well probably not....!

I sat in a new SLK the other day, and whilst it is a step change improvement over the old model, its no SL. Just one look at the door trim and you instantly remember how fantastic the SL really is. The SLK looks really good, but perhaps not as stunning as I expected - then again they only had the 200K models around on the "fake steel" cheapo wheels. I think its going to have to be the SLK55AMG, in silver, retaining the new multispoke AMG wheels (which look great - I always preferred the five-spoke AMG on the SL55, but its the other way around for me on the SLK).
Old 05-08-2004, 01:23 PM

Originally posted by Mustard

What do you want, after an SL55, with an SLK?
good question to which I dont yet have an answer - I plan to drive both SLK 350 and SLK 55 before making a decision but I doubt whether the SL55 will be sold.