Considerable Wheel Time Today

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old Yesterday, 11:44 PM
RJC
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 226 Likes on 164 Posts
Thumbs up Considerable Wheel Time Today

Finally got some considerable wheel time - city, highway, smooth roads, rough roads, relatively aggressive, relaxed driving.

Impressions:

Super smooth in comfort - AMG tuned it just right.

Transmission shifted both smoothly and precisely in comfort mode - I did not do sport/+ (the vehicle had 10 miles on it, and I am respectful).

The power/acceleration from the one time I stomped on it a ~35mph roll was very impressive - you will not be disappointed and I drove a GT63 yesterday. I think the stated 449hp is underrated by at least 20hp. A 63 might be overkill for most drivers.

The fit/finish in/out is excellent

The AC on a 100' day blew ice cold

The performance seats (these were MF) were quite comfortable but were not optioned with ventilation or massage, so I can't give an opinion on those options in the 53.

The brakes were good but could use more stiffness in the pedal feel - just a tad too soft if you can even call it that.

The steering/handling was laser like even in comfort -the new Michelin Pilot S5's are amazing, so all combined - well done MB.

The car idles in utter smoothness can barely tell the engine is running and I luv the 48v MHEV set up - no downside only upside to it - better epa, mpgs, and power.

The only real downside is the vehicle's size, I wish it was more of an E+ sized than C, especially since the S coupes are gone, MB has no true 2-dor large lux coupe, which is a shame. Paint was matte so I can't comment on any orange peel. The wheels will indeed be a real nightmare to clean, so glad the 25's have two fabulous new options ala the GT's!

My overall rating on a score of 0-10 is a very solid 8.5+.

I will post my review of the GT63 in that forum in the next day or so and we also tested the new '25 G550 G-Wagen which I'll also post in that respective forum. We are looking for a new sports coupe/large SUV, hence all the testing.

My dealer MB Rocklin CA, my awesome SA Andrew Rubio, and GM Darren Arnaud have been excellent.

I hope those in the market find this helpful.

Last edited by RJC; Today at 12:41 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Mayur999 (Today)
Old Today, 06:45 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,535 Likes on 2,155 Posts
PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
Originally Posted by RJC
Finally got some considerable wheel time - city, highway, smooth roads, rough roads, relatively aggressive, relaxed driving.

Impressions:

Super smooth in comfort - AMG tuned it just right.

Transmission shifted both smoothly and precisely in comfort mode - I did not do sport/+ (the vehicle had 10 miles on it, and I am respectful).

The power/acceleration from the one time I stomped on it a ~35mph roll was very impressive - you will not be disappointed and I drove a GT63 yesterday. I think the stated 449hp is underrated by at least 20hp. A 63 might be overkill for most drivers.

The fit/finish in/out is excellent

The AC on a 100' day blew ice cold

The performance seats (these were MF) were quite comfortable but were not optioned with ventilation or massage, so I can't give an opinion on those options in the 53.

The brakes were good but could use more stiffness in the pedal feel - just a tad too soft if you can even call it that.

The steering/handling was laser like even in comfort -the new Michelin Pilot S5's are amazing, so all combined - well done MB.

The car idles in utter smoothness can barely tell the engine is running and I luv the 48v MHEV set up - no downside only upside to it - better epa, mpgs, and power.

The only real downside is the vehicle's size, I wish it was more of an E+ sized than C, especially since the S coupes are gone, MB has no true 2-dor large lux coupe, which is a shame. Paint was matte so I can't comment on any orange peel. The wheels will indeed be a real nightmare to clean, so glad the 25's have two fabulous new options ala the GT's!

My overall rating on a score of 0-10 is a very solid 8.5+.

I will post my review of the GT63 in that forum in the next day or so and we also tested the new '25 G550 G-Wagen which I'll also post in that respective forum. We are looking for a new sports coupe/large SUV, hence all the testing.

My dealer MB Rocklin CA, my awesome SA Andrew Rubio, and GM Darren Arnaud have been excellent.

I hope those in the market find this helpful.
Appreciate the impressions, sounds like you are enjoying it and that is good : )