CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Finally Found: Cl Grille For Clk W208!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-14-2005, 02:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
clk
Thumbs up Finally Found: Cl Grille For Clk W208!!!

CLK OWNERS ALERT!!! I've been looking for the best grille money can buy for my CLK for years now. Since I've owned my car, I've yet to find one that compliments the car. I've come across lots of mickey mouse ones that doesn't look right. Either the star was too small or too big or it looks forced (like there's a cap on the original grille protruding from the car). Well, after lots of hard work. I finally found it.

Lots of you might have seen pictures of it but doesn't know where to get it or who has one to show you the end product due to the fact that the manufacturer is in Austria and there are lots of inconveniences with language, phone numbers, payment, shipping costs, etc. Those of you who's done your research knows what I'm talking about.

I feel it is my duty to share this good news with those of you who are die hard CLK owners who wants to make their car stand out above the rest. Well good news, I've just picked up my grille today from a local distributor on the West Coast. I live in California. I've also asked for a special group rate for those of you who are interested in one. Included are a couple of generic photos of what the grille looks like on a car. I'll post pictures of my car when it gets painted and installed. Notice on the pictures that it fits nicely as if it has always been there. That's the standard I go by when I modify/add anything to my car.

Anyways, here it is. Website is performanceproducts.com. address is 8000 Haskell Ave., Van Nuys, CA 91406. Their phone number is (800) 243-1220. (818) 787-7500. CL grille for CLK W208. Make sure you mention that. They have several types of grilles including the mickey mouse ones. Must look for ERWIN !!! He will know what you are talking about. Also, must mention that you're Steve's(that's me) friend. I have a deal with him that will give you a 15% discount off retail. As you know, it was only available through Austria, at about $500/piece not including painting and shipping. Which could run you an additional $300 easily. I have a deal with ERWIN where you could buy the grille at 15% off his retail price of $459 which is $390 not including possible tax(if you live inside CA) and shipping(which should be alot cheaper than Austria).

I can't wait until I get mine painted and installed. Look no further. This is simply the best grille for the CLK.

To thank me, all I ask is that you guys post pictures of your car before and after the installation so we can all check it out.

Last edited by slvrstar; 04-02-2008 at 08:07 PM.
Old 06-14-2005, 10:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E550 Coupe
If he has a car with it, ask him to take a picture from the top and from the side. I got a different CL grille, and the biggest problem was the fact that the star seemed like it was prodding out of the grille...wasn't flush and it started to bug me after a while
Old 06-15-2005, 12:11 PM

clk
I know what you mean, you probably have one of those shatz grille or the other one with the smaller star. This grille, the middle, the reason why I bought it, is one piece, built in, concaved, like the CL/SL style. I'm impressed. Mine is in the shop getting painted as we speak. I should have it back shortly and I'll show you the after pictures of it.
Old 06-16-2005, 08:36 AM

SL 350
This price looks very interesting, I hope to see some pictures soon.
Do you think they can send it me for the price of $ 390 plus shipping to Italy?
Old 06-16-2005, 12:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
03 C32 AMG
ummm...
https://mbworld.org/forums/clk-class-w208/97869-grills-grills-grills-grill-take-look.html
Old 06-16-2005, 01:23 PM

clk
Yeah, I think they can sell it to you for that price, but make sure you mention being referred by Steve and look for Erwin. But the shipping is not included, so check with UPS to see how much it will cost to ship. I'll be posting pics soon. Look for them.
Old 06-17-2005, 02:24 AM

CLK430
Actually I prefer the small star grille. I have it on my car, and I think it fits the car better than a large CL style star like that. Well thats just my .02 cents!
Old 06-17-2005, 02:36 AM

clk
That's what I thought before also. But until you see and put this new grille on and take it out for a spin, my goodness, the attention you attract, not just from other drivers but from CLK owners, IT'S UNBELIEVABLE!!! But hey, to each it's own. everyone has different tastes, who am I to tell you what looks better on your car. I'm just saying, in my opinion, it works for me. If yours works for you, you like it, and you're comfortable with it, by all means leave it alone-enjoy it-more power to you.