CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Custom hoods... going to buy a CLK 430..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-11-2005, 08:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Custom hoods... going to buy a CLK 430..

Hi everyone - I've been reading around this board and others for a while now, and have finnaly decided to get a CLK 430, over a M3, S4, and RX-8. One thing is I was looking to possible get a custom hood scoop molded on - lambo doors, and dual exhaust/body kit. I've been having a little bit of trouble finding any of the Carlsson body kits (SP?) or Lorinser (sp?) body kits... And I see there isn't many performance parts minus the AMG intake, and SC (which I don't want to do right away!), any carb legal parts besides computer work? And which computer reprogrammers do most of you recommend?... The CLK im buying is a 430, sports package, black/black 18Inch chrome, Command, and phone built in...
So to sum it up...

Any pictures of CLKs w/ hood scoops? Recommendations?
Which drop best for performance/comfort?
Body kit places to buy? With dual exhaust exits?
Any other performance parts ?
Best place to get computer reprogrammed.
Where to buy lorinser fenders? Or other fenders?

Thanks to everyone in advance!

Last edited by eddielb; 12-11-2005 at 10:22 PM.
Old 12-11-2005, 09:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E550 Coupe
haven't ever seen a clk on here with a hood scoop...you're most likely gonna be the first. there are pics floating around of a white clk with lambo doors. go here and scroll down a little - http://cgi3.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...id=busynetwork i dunno about the seller or if that's even his product, though. there's a pretty recent thread in here about a group buy on the the carlsson replica kit with pics and such. a lot of people say ecu work on a stock mb isn't gonna do much so i dunno about that route. not sure what else to try, but your aftermarket performance options are indeed pretty limited.
Old 12-11-2005, 09:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
03 C32 AMG
Good grief, with a mod list like that you should buy something else. A CLK will not benefit at all from a hoodscoop, lambo doors are generally frowned upon on MBs, and for a dual exhaust you need to modify the spare tire well to pass the exhaust through (or put a fake tip or extremely restricive double 90 degree bend on the right side).

Better ideas:
CF hood if you need a custom hood, but keep oem style.
Koni+HR for performance and reasonable comfort
keep double tipped single side exhaust look, buy Eisenmann race exhaust
Lorinser DTM front
AMG airbox w/ green filters

there are alot of good products out there for the CLK. you could make a better looking car if you avoided some of the rice rocket mods like hood scoop and excessive exhaust modding.
Old 12-11-2005, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by King320
Good grief, with a mod list like that you should buy something else. A CLK will not benefit at all from a hoodscoop, lambo doors are generally frowned upon on MBs, and for a dual exhaust you need to modify the spare tire well to pass the exhaust through (or put a fake tip or extremely restricive double 90 degree bend on the right side).

Better ideas:
CF hood if you need a custom hood, but keep oem style.
Koni+HR for performance and reasonable comfort
keep double tipped single side exhaust look, buy Eisenmann race exhaust
Lorinser DTM front
AMG airbox w/ green filters

there are alot of good products out there for the CLK. you could make a better looking car if you avoided some of the rice rocket mods like hood scoop and excessive exhaust modding.

Thanks for your input! Where could I get the Lorinser DTM front? Well the thought of the hood scoop would obviously be for show, but especialy since no one really has one I think it would make it more unique - I would feel fake having another tip just welded on - but we'll see I guess. How about true dual exhaust? Headers? Anyone have sound clips w/ exhaust done? thanks guys!
Old 12-11-2005, 10:30 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
What kind of car were you driving previously? Get ready to spend major $$$ if you want to do things right.
Old 12-11-2005, 10:34 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
You could probably get a custom hood in carbon fiber made by Euroteck Motorsports.
Depends on the interest though.

Shoot neal@euroteckmotorsports.com and email for most of the parts you want, or try sales@evosport.com
Those two companies are two MBWorld.org sponsors, and they can get almost anything you need for your car.
Old 12-11-2005, 10:40 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
I'm in on a custom c/f hood, anybody else want to join so we can get a group buy?
Old 12-11-2005, 11:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Custom CLK / 05 E500 4matic / 04 Acura TL <<Daily
Can some1 post picture of the hood? I need to look at it so i can make a decision 2.
Old 12-11-2005, 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by acb3nz
Can some1 post picture of the hood? I need to look at it so i can make a decision 2.

Well we would if it exited! Im down for a custom made one - group buy - who could set it up? I drove two cars previously (still own the m3)

a M3 and a show car
Dodge Stratus Turbocharged from factory (from mexico)... 18 psi boost.. had body kit etc...

http://members.***.net/turboeddie/1.JPG http://members.***.net/turboeddie/4.JPG
http://members.***.net/turboeddie/3.JPG

Pics are posting way too big how do i resize them? thanks guys!

Last edited by eddielb; 12-11-2005 at 11:33 PM.
Old 12-12-2005, 01:19 AM
CHB

'79 300D, '85 300Dt, '99 CLK430
I'd be interested in getting a cf hood, depending the price of course. A local company quoted me 4000$
Old 12-12-2005, 01:35 AM

http://www.andysautosport.com/produc...27&_v=vmd00285

I was looking for a hood with something along the things as that... my previous car had that scoop and it looked mean, lots of compliments on it - any other ideas on what custom hoods look good? Evo8 hoods look pretty cool too.... any MB come with hood scoops from factory?
Old 12-12-2005, 01:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Custom CLK / 05 E500 4matic / 04 Acura TL <<Daily
I think its a little to mean looking and i dont think it will look right on a CLK.
Old 12-12-2005, 01:51 AM

Originally Posted by acb3nz
I think its a little to mean looking and i dont think it will look right on a CLK.
got any ideas on what scoops might flow better? maybe a hood like the one on my previous car? http://members.***.net/turboeddie/1.JPG custom molded on also... and where would I go about getting a carlsson kit? at least front and rear...
Old 12-12-2005, 08:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E550 Coupe
how about one of these

http://www.carxpressions.com/exterio...inglelarge.htm

http://expressauto.zoovy.com/product/S5239X

just kidding just kidding!
Old 12-12-2005, 11:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Why don't you get the clk first and then decide what you want to do. Don't forget to post pics. You have no idea how many ricers come on the board pretending like they are going to cop a clk and say they are doing this that and the other and most of the time they dissappear just as fast as they came.

P.S. Is sleestacks supercar finished yet?
Old 12-12-2005, 01:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
CLK W208
look at my previous post and you can see the carbon fiber hood. i had it made and it took a while and it can be a bit expensive. but i had mine painted to match the car except the patch on the top of the hood. and if you search my older posts you can see the carbon fiber hood on the car before it was painted. if you are looking for a good clean fitting hood get ready to spend about a grand or so.
Old 12-12-2005, 03:50 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
All the hoods posted so far are too american muscle carish for a clk. In my opinion reverse scoops would look wayyyyyy better. I'm willing to pay a grand for a c/f hood. erebuni makes a OEM style c/f hood for a W208 for $800 so if someone is looking for an OEM style they can go that route. I want mine in silver c/f with reverse scoops (not available anywhere I know of). I contacted neal at euroteckmotorsports and its a no go on the hoods. First we need to find a supplier willing to make them for us.
Old 12-12-2005, 05:27 PM

CLK430
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
All the hoods posted so far are too american muscle carish for a clk. In my opinion reverse scoops would look wayyyyyy better. I'm willing to pay a grand for a c/f hood. erebuni makes a OEM style c/f hood for a W208 for $800 so if someone is looking for an OEM style they can go that route. I want mine in silver c/f with reverse scoops (not available anywhere I know of). I contacted neal at euroteckmotorsports and its a no go on the hoods. First we need to find a supplier willing to make them for us.
Erebuni is garbage dude.. Try looking into some other brands that manufacture quality cf hoods.
Old 12-13-2005, 02:45 AM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Originally Posted by sicrx65
Erebuni is garbage dude.. Try looking into some other brands that manufacture quality cf hoods.
Any suggestions ?
Old 12-13-2005, 11:57 AM

1999 CLK 320
Originally Posted by eddielb
I would feel fake having another tip just welded on - but we'll see I guess.
Maybe I'm crazy, but you won't feel fake having a hood scoop that doesn't do anything? Or are you trying to setup ram air?
Old 12-13-2005, 01:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

01' CLK55
Originally Posted by eddielb
http://www.andysautosport.com/produc...27&_v=vmd00285

I was looking for a hood with something along the things as that... my previous car had that scoop and it looked mean, lots of compliments on it - any other ideas on what custom hoods look good? Evo8 hoods look pretty cool too.... any MB come with hood scoops from factory?
just to fill you in on andy's autosport product......bottom line is that his product is JUNK and nothing else. I've dealt w/ him personally when he owned a body shop in San Jose. Stay away from his stuff.
Old 12-13-2005, 01:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

01' CLK55
Originally Posted by J Lucas
Why don't you get the clk first and then decide what you want to do. Don't forget to post pics. You have no idea how many ricers come on the board pretending like they are going to cop a clk and say they are doing this that and the other and most of the time they dissappear just as fast as they came.
WERD!