CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Need help with carlsson rs rear diffuser!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-29-2006, 10:01 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Need help with carlsson rs rear diffuser!

I picked up my car from the body shop yesterday and they couldnt figure out how to mount the rear diffuser. I'm looking at the thing and have no idea how it will fit. I cant even figure out how the c/f piece even fits on top of the fiberglass. All the help I get from euro passion is: your shop is not professional enough. Its easy just drill and double tape it on. That doesnt help me AT ALL. The shop I took it to is one of the best in this area and its where Freddy got his work done too. I will post pics of the new setup when my wheels come in this week and when I get the damn diffuser on! HELP!
Edit: The tow hook and exhaust seem to be in the way. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Pics would be even better!

Last edited by blackbenzz; 07-29-2006 at 10:13 AM.
Old 07-29-2006, 02:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
01' CLK55
wow...that's all europassion has to say? that's pretty chitty. they should at least send you REAR pics of a clk w/ it installed so you get a better idea of how it goes on.

if i still had any rear pics of my 430 w/ the same kit on, I would gladly send them to you.

if I remember correctly, the rear diffusor attaches pretty funky......

good luck!
Old 07-29-2006, 07:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Custom CLK / 05 E500 4matic / 04 Acura TL <<Daily
Originally Posted by clkal
wow...that's all europassion has to say? that's pretty chitty. they should at least send you REAR pics of a clk w/ it installed so you get a better idea of how it goes on.

if i still had any rear pics of my 430 w/ the same kit on, I would gladly send them to you.

if I remember correctly, the rear diffusor attaches pretty funky......

good luck!
+1 Felix where you at?

That one piece Ahmad has dosent even looks like it belongs there to hold the C/F diffuser on place. I can believe thats what Europassion has to said after all the good recomendations we have donne for some people here on this site. Felix i think you need to step up to the plate on this one body. I'm also 100% sure that the bracket you send to Ahmad is the wrong one please help us out sinse I also was gonna get a new kit from you but by me experience this im not sure if i want to buy from you nemore.
Old 07-31-2006, 04:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 CLK 430
i have the CF diffuser, and i just took a look, looks like you have to drill two screws on the raised sections of the diffuser to the bumper. then make a braket and drill the corner closest to the exhaust to the body, otherwise that thing wiggles quite a bit on the road.

check out the pics.

Originally Posted by blackbenzz
I picked up my car from the body shop yesterday and they couldnt figure out how to mount the rear diffuser. I'm looking at the thing and have no idea how it will fit. I cant even figure out how the c/f piece even fits on top of the fiberglass. All the help I get from euro passion is: your shop is not professional enough. Its easy just drill and double tape it on. That doesnt help me AT ALL. The shop I took it to is one of the best in this area and its where Freddy got his work done too. I will post pics of the new setup when my wheels come in this week and when I get the damn diffuser on! HELP!
Edit: The tow hook and exhaust seem to be in the way. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Pics would be even better!
Attached Thumbnails Need help with carlsson rs rear diffuser!-img_0827.jpg   Need help with carlsson rs rear diffuser!-img_0823.jpg   Need help with carlsson rs rear diffuser!-img_0824.jpg   Need help with carlsson rs rear diffuser!-img_0825.jpg   Need help with carlsson rs rear diffuser!-img_0826.jpg  

Old 07-31-2006, 08:28 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK/ML
Wow, I wanted to secure mine to that area with the bracket but I thought that was the gas tank.
Old 07-31-2006, 11:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 CLK 430
Nah its the wheel well...i lifted the spare and can see it poking thru

Originally Posted by ThrillKill
Wow, I wanted to secure mine to that area with the bracket but I thought that was the gas tank.
Old 07-31-2006, 06:16 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Wow those pics are great. Thanks! Too bad its a million degrees outside, otherwise I'd put it on right now. So then where does the big *** fiberglass piece go?
Old 07-31-2006, 06:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 CLK 430
what long fiberglass piece?

btw good choice in painting out the roof strips...looks a lot better and the lines flow a lot better into the roof wing.

Wow those pics are great. Thanks! Too bad its a million degrees outside, otherwise I'd put it on right now. So then where does the big *** fiberglass piece go?
Old 07-31-2006, 06:25 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Originally Posted by CurYousGee
what long fiberglass piece?

btw good choice in painting out the roof strips...looks a lot better and the lines flow a lot better into the roof wing.
My little brother took the camera. I'll take pics of it (the body shop already painted it) when he brings the camera back. I guess its not neccessary.
Thanks for the compliment on the roof, you have a good eye. I wanted the roof painted like this from the start, the first shop I took it to forgot to paint it!
Edit: I went to try and put my diffuser on but it hits the tow hook. I think the fins on my diffuser are too short. They look shorter than yours. Maybe i'm trippin I dunno.

Last edited by blackbenzz; 07-31-2006 at 06:44 PM.
Old 07-31-2006, 08:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 CLK 430
hmm try using some spacers on the raised part of where it mounts to the bumper that should get you some breathing room by the toe hook.

My little brother took the camera. I'll take pics of it (the body shop already painted it) when he brings the camera back. I guess its not neccessary.
Thanks for the compliment on the roof, you have a good eye. I wanted the roof painted like this from the start, the first shop I took it to forgot to paint it!
Edit: I went to try and put my diffuser on but it hits the tow hook. I think the fins on my diffuser are too short. They look shorter than yours. Maybe i'm trippin I dunno.