Notices
CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Double Din Kenwood pics!

 
Old 05-22-2007, 03:55 AM
  #1  
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 10
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Double Din Kenwood pics!

Does any one have a picture of the 2000 clk 320 or one like it with a after market double din in dash dvd player? im thinking about getting a kenwood 8019 and just want to know if and what i need to install it and make it look factory.. but i just want to see how it looks on this car and ill post pictures when i get mine done... but ya can someone please show me how it looks? thanks
ammadp is offline  
Old 05-22-2007, 08:20 AM
  #2  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
deyainrdy4ds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,740
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
w208
not kenwood...but double din pioneer avic-d3



do a search on here for pics of other double dins...
deyainrdy4ds is offline  
Old 05-22-2007, 11:18 AM
  #3  
Member
 
scottster77's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Southern Cali
Posts: 232
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK320, Honda Ruckus, pinto & BMX
dude, that looks clean!!!
scottster77 is offline  
Old 05-22-2007, 11:31 AM
  #4  
Senior Member
 
clarkspark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: City of Sin, MA
Posts: 268
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
99' CLK 320 Coupe
Originally Posted by deyainrdy4ds View Post
not kenwood...but double din pioneer avic-d3



do a search on here for pics of other double dins...
Yo is that self installed? Was it hard or pretty much plug n play? If not how much for install alone? thxs
clarkspark is offline  
Old 05-22-2007, 11:34 AM
  #5  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
acb3nz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Nova / Rockville
Posts: 1,358
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Custom CLK / 05 E500 4matic / 04 Acura TL <<Daily
I seen it in person very clean install.
acb3nz is offline  
Old 05-22-2007, 01:06 PM
  #6  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
deyainrdy4ds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,740
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
w208
thanks guys...na im not good wit that wiring **** ...everytime i *** wit wires - i cause damage to my system lol....install was $150...dvd/nav..
deyainrdy4ds is offline  
Old 05-22-2007, 11:42 PM
  #7  
Senior Member
 
jasonowens32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 279
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clk 320
Originally Posted by ammadp View Post
Does any one have a picture of the 2000 clk 320 or one like it with a after market double din in dash dvd player? im thinking about getting a kenwood 8019 and just want to know if and what i need to install it and make it look factory.. but i just want to see how it looks on this car and ill post pictures when i get mine done... but ya can someone please show me how it looks? thanks

The Kenwood 8019 will be your best investment ever. I had the Kenwood 6019 and in my opinion no other double din can even come close. Here is a pic with it installed in my GS300 with a back up camera.



jasonowens32 is offline  
Old 05-23-2007, 02:33 AM
  #8  
Super Member
 
John 99CLK430's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: OC, CA
Posts: 566
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1999 CLK430 (sold) 03 CL55
Originally Posted by deyainrdy4ds View Post
thanks guys...na im not good wit that wiring **** ...everytime i *** wit wires - i cause damage to my system lol....install was $150...dvd/nav..
How much did the whole thing cost together? Damn that is sick, I wanna do that to my ride.
John 99CLK430 is offline  
Old 05-23-2007, 08:11 AM
  #9  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
deyainrdy4ds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,740
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
w208
i got it with that crutchfield promotion a while back....bought the navi, 2 subs, and a free backup cam for like $935 and then sold the backup cam and 2 subs....came out to only like $720 afta all that ! greaaat price for a DVD/NAV

question - does any1 here wit navi also have any traffic warning service...an example would be "XMNavTraffic"...i was thinkn bout signin up for it but tryin to c if its ne accurate or worth it...?

Last edited by deyainrdy4ds; 05-23-2007 at 08:21 AM.
deyainrdy4ds is offline  
Old 05-23-2007, 10:27 AM
  #10  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Ghostrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: KCMO, but Houston is my home.
Posts: 1,837
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
01 CLK 430
Originally Posted by jasonowens32 View Post
The Kenwood 8019 will be your best investment ever. I had the Kenwood 6019 and in my opinion no other double din can even come close. Here is a pic with it installed in my GS300 with a back up camera.
That's the one I'm looking at getting. But I heard you have to dremel out the sunglass holder to get it to fit in our cars...
Ghostrider is offline  
Old 05-23-2007, 12:05 PM
  #11  
Super Member
 
wnycec's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: New York City
Posts: 558
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 CLK 430
Originally Posted by deyainrdy4ds View Post
i got it with that crutchfield promotion a while back....bought the navi, 2 subs, and a free backup cam for like $935 and then sold the backup cam and 2 subs....came out to only like $720 afta all that ! greaaat price for a DVD/NAV

question - does any1 here wit navi also have any traffic warning service...an example would be "XMNavTraffic"...i was thinkn bout signin up for it but tryin to c if its ne accurate or worth it...?
Who did you install for your double din unit? place out in jersey?
I am looking to get the alpine unit but i dont know where to go to have it installed cause i want to have as clean of a look as possible.
How big is the screen also?
wnycec is offline  
Old 05-23-2007, 01:01 PM
  #12  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
deyainrdy4ds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,740
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
w208
yup...jersey..rite next ta my office....its about 20 minutes outa the bayonne bridge (ur in staten island rite?) in union, nj......mine is a 6.1 inch screen...let me know if u wanna go ta him

n ya...for a double din...you're gunna hafta remove the empty unit under the radio for a double din unless you do a lot of other customization...where else do you expect a double din unit to fit??
....and that kenwood is pretty nice but i wanted navi too....the avic-d3 is DVD & NAV and for a cheaper price

Last edited by deyainrdy4ds; 05-23-2007 at 01:03 PM.
deyainrdy4ds is offline  
Old 05-23-2007, 02:36 PM
  #13  
Senior Member
 
jasonowens32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 279
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clk 320
Originally Posted by Ghostrider View Post
That's the one I'm looking at getting. But I heard you have to dremel out the sunglass holder to get it to fit in our cars...
WHoever told you that needs to stop everything they are doing and put a "4-Sale" sign on the front door cause that is defiently not true. My installer has already looked at it and he said it will work just fine. No need to modify anything. As soon as I get my addition done to my house I will start playing around with my car mods again. I will install the unit and take pictures of it. Ill keep ya posted... Good luck!
jasonowens32 is offline  
Old 05-25-2007, 06:56 PM
  #14  
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 10
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well i just orderes it and i think i am going to take it to Best Buy to install it for me i will be posting the pics soon.. but im guessing that it doesnt have a problem fitting than? but both of those pics looks clean.. cant wait!!!
ammadp is offline  
Old 05-25-2007, 08:20 PM
  #15  
Member
 
DropTop208's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: City of Angels
Posts: 202
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
02 CLK 430 Cab
Originally Posted by Ghostrider View Post
That's the one I'm looking at getting. But I heard you have to dremel out the sunglass holder to get it to fit in our cars...
If you dont wanna dremel anything out, why dont you just get a single din flip out. i got a kenwood flip out 7 inch touchscreen in mine.
DropTop208 is offline  
Old 05-25-2007, 09:37 PM
  #16  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
deyainrdy4ds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,740
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
w208
Originally Posted by DropTop208 View Post
If you dont wanna dremel anything out, why dont you just get a single din flip out. i got a kenwood flip out 7 inch touchscreen in mine.
ya....jasonowens....the sunglass unit below the radio needs to obviously go if you're puttin in a double din...
deyainrdy4ds is offline  
Old 06-06-2007, 11:58 AM
  #17  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Holson's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: USA
Posts: 1,017
Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts
2018 G550
Anybody know if I can get one of these and still have the steering wheel controls work (via a translator adaptor of some sort)?

Thx
Holson is offline  
Old 06-06-2007, 04:11 PM
  #18  
Senior Member
 
jasonowens32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 279
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clk 320
The steering wheel control will work on the Kenwood 8019. I heard supposely they will work on Kenwood 6019 but not certain on that. Pretty sure it will though. Let me see some pics when u get it installed.

Last edited by jasonowens32; 06-06-2007 at 04:18 PM.
jasonowens32 is offline  
Old 06-06-2007, 04:22 PM
  #19  
Senior Member
 
jasonowens32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 279
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clk 320
Originally Posted by deyainrdy4ds View Post
ya....jasonowens....the sunglass unit below the radio needs to obviously go if you're puttin in a double din...

I'm pretty sure it will fit without taking that out. Its the same size as the pic above installed on deyainrdy4ds I'll have to look at that some more and see what I can come up with. I promise it will look clean. Ill take pics when I get to working on it and when its finished. I wont know for sure until its installed.

Last edited by jasonowens32; 06-06-2007 at 04:27 PM.
jasonowens32 is offline  
Old 06-07-2007, 12:57 AM
  #20  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
deyainrdy4ds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,740
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
w208
Originally Posted by jasonowens32 View Post
I'm pretty sure it will fit without taking that out. Its the same size as the pic above installed on deyainrdy4ds I'll have to look at that some more and see what I can come up with. I promise it will look clean. Ill take pics when I get to working on it and when its finished. I wont know for sure until its installed.
i dont get it...where ya tryna put that double din unit without takn out that unit under the radio??? the "sunglass" thing IS the empty space below the radio rite....
deyainrdy4ds is offline  
Old 06-07-2007, 08:45 AM
  #21  
Senior Member
 
jasonowens32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 279
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clk 320
Originally Posted by deyainrdy4ds View Post
i dont get it...where ya tryna put that double din unit without takn out that unit under the radio??? the "sunglass" thing IS the empty space below the radio rite....

This a picture of a "Double DIn" installed on a CLK.

Last edited by jasonowens32; 06-07-2007 at 08:47 AM.
jasonowens32 is offline  
Old 06-07-2007, 11:44 AM
  #22  
Member
 
DropTop208's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: City of Angels
Posts: 202
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
02 CLK 430 Cab
The section that you say is the sunglass hut is the ash tray. The sunglass hut is the empty compartment right underneath where the original single din head unit would be.
DropTop208 is offline  
Old 06-07-2007, 08:08 PM
  #23  
Senior Member
 
jasonowens32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 279
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clk 320
Originally Posted by DropTop208 View Post
The section that you say is the sunglass hut is the ash tray. The sunglass hut is the empty compartment right underneath where the original single din head unit would be.
Yea, your right. Damn, Im trippen. My badd deyainrdy4ds. No wonder what the confusion was about. I'll hook it soon and figure it out.

Thanks droptop208 for info. and clearing up the confusion.
jasonowens32 is offline  
Old 06-07-2007, 08:39 PM
  #24  
Almost a Member!
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Cottage Grove, MN
Posts: 61
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 CLK 430
More double din pics..

Here is the Alpine IVA-200. I also had to remove the little piece between the stock radio and the little pocket below it. Very happy with it. I was able to find a guy who cound convert any picture to a wallpaper and I used the MB logo. Many people think it is factory.
Attached Thumbnails Double Din Kenwood pics!-img_2227.jpg   Double Din Kenwood pics!-img_2222.jpg  

Last edited by deltasonik; 06-07-2007 at 08:41 PM.
deltasonik is offline  
Old 06-08-2007, 08:47 AM
  #25  
Senior Member
 
jasonowens32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 279
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clk 320
Originally Posted by deltasonik View Post
Here is the Alpine IVA-200. I also had to remove the little piece between the stock radio and the little pocket below it. Very happy with it. I was able to find a guy who cound convert any picture to a wallpaper and I used the MB logo. Many people think it is factory.

Looks clean! Can't wait til mine is done!
jasonowens32 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Double Din Kenwood pics!


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: