CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

lucked out!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-03-2007, 01:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK 430
lucked out!

So I went to go get the car aligned today and thought I was gonna have to pay a hundred to get it done, and well, it was still within the factory spects and they didn't charge....so that was nice.

Now on the other hand my camber is definitely off, especially in the rear I believe. So any recomendations from any of you on what is good and best quality at an affordable price? I believe that I've read k-mac is good, or am I thinking of something else? Let me know any thoughts...thanks!
Old 08-03-2007, 04:46 PM

2000 CLK 430
KMAC is that you want.. speedy benz is also another source... those are the two names i hear all the time on the boards.
Old 08-04-2007, 06:30 PM

CLK 430
Originally Posted by wnycec
KMAC is that you want.. speedy benz is also another source... those are the two names i hear all the time on the boards.
I really don't know what I want, I just want whats good. I'll check out speedy benz. The camber is the worse on the right rear tire, thats where it was off the most. the other 3 were pretty good and only a little off.
Old 08-06-2007, 11:09 PM

'02 CLK55
Just had some major under work done. The guy up here in Bellevue said that if you do the bar type you want to use the two bar set up. If not then the K-Mac is the way to go. I looked into the twin bar set up and it was major bucks plus install. I did K-Mac front and rear which is what he also suggested and all he does in under work. TruLine in Bellevue was the shop. He will check it every 4k for me if I want and I will do the first couple to make sure it is staying true.
Old 08-06-2007, 11:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
w208
think im getn my front and rear done this week

got quotes 350 n 380 from 2 diff spots from front and rear kmacs put on and an alignment....is that a reasonable price...? no clu how much it should be around...
Old 08-06-2007, 11:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Current: AMG GT-C. Sold: 01 CLK55, 00 ML55, 01 ML55, 06 E55
Wow, u guys are payin big for camber kits. Mine was $80 total. I didn't get charged much labor, but it wouldn't be over $150 then. it drives fine and the car is very even. Is it really necessary to buy a special kit for our cars? I don't see why a smart shop can't make a std kit work?
Old 08-06-2007, 11:25 PM

'02 CLK55
That price seems right with kit and alignment.

The reason is with the drop, there just not enough adjustment stock and the rear has nada.
Old 08-07-2007, 07:37 PM

CLK 430
Originally Posted by Zoom On
Just had some major under work done. The guy up here in Bellevue said that if you do the bar type you want to use the two bar set up. If not then the K-Mac is the way to go. I looked into the twin bar set up and it was major bucks plus install. I did K-Mac front and rear which is what he also suggested and all he does in under work. TruLine in Bellevue was the shop. He will check it every 4k for me if I want and I will do the first couple to make sure it is staying true.
How much did he charge you? I actually bought my car in Bellevue. If its a reasonable price that the guy charges then it just might be worth the trip. My car is lowered so I don't know if that makes a difference in price. And I don't need an alignment cuz I just had one done. IF you could let me know that would be great. Thanks!
Old 08-07-2007, 07:49 PM

'02 CLK55
Place is called Tru-Line in Bellevue. Byron Tate and his number is 425-462-0013. I got the K-mac f/r off ebay and just took it into him. I think if you put the kit on you would have to re-align again. I don't know what that part cost as I had him do the lower, k-mac and some other work all at the same time.

The thing I like about him is when I went in, he asked what I weigh( to set it up proper for myself), usually how many passengers in the car, and how I used it (track or street). He also answers emails promptly too. btate@trulineseattle.com
Old 08-07-2007, 08:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2000 CLK 320
my camber is way off ever since i put my 19's on as well. but im just keeping it like that. my tires have lasted anywhere from 20k - 25k miles. and according to you guys, thats pretty good and avg. about half way through thread life, i do have to rotate the tire so it can wear evenly. to me, i dont think its worth the hassle of payin more for a kit
Old 08-07-2007, 11:40 PM

CLK 430
Originally Posted by krayzie_e99
my camber is way off ever since i put my 19's on as well. but im just keeping it like that. my tires have lasted anywhere from 20k - 25k miles. and according to you guys, thats pretty good and avg. about half way through thread life, i do have to rotate the tire so it can wear evenly. to me, i dont think its worth the hassle of payin more for a kit
I thought that my camber was going to be really bad too, but when I got the car aligned everything was still within factory specs and they only tweeked it a little bit. The worse was the right rear. And I have 19s too.